Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Great show. I agree Red is the best character by far. Captain Janeway kills it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Started watching this. I've really enjoyed it so far. Much better than I expected.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Comes back tomorrow.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    surprisingly entertaining

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    2nd season definitely a step down in quality imo. I don't like Vee at all, one ep to go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    2nd season definitely a step down in quality imo. I don't like Vee at all, one ep to go.
    BIG step down. Season one>>season two

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    surprisingly entertaining

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sounds like Lillyhammer. That was horrible in year 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Rather like a Hogan's Heroes version of HBO's Oz methinks. One of those love it or hate it deals, although on the love side the show does seem to inspire wild devotion and accolades.

I found it tedious and unwatchable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just finished the second season...not bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Sounds like Lillyhammer. That was horrible in year 2.
    Not comparable. Lillyhammer was terrible from start to finish. OITNB was slow but it went into detail about the ladies. It was better in that aspect but slightly less than the 1st season but not at all horrid like the promising Lillyhammer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    show might not be for everyone, but i've not really heard people say they hate it. don't really see it as a love it or hate it kind of thing but maybe i'm biased.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Not comparable. Lillyhammer was terrible from start to finish. OITNB was slow but it went into detail about the ladies. It was better in that aspect but slightly less than the 1st season but not at all horrid like the promising Lillyhammer.
    season 2 was considerably less quality and lost something from the first season, but still pretty decent and no where near horrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    season 2 was considerably less quality and lost something from the first season, but still pretty decent and no where near horrible.
    Less quality? Slightly but not by much. I think it did what the 1st season should have and explained the supporting cast. Not sure what else people wanted it couldn't keep the same beginning premise it had to evolve. I think, though, where it lost momentum is kind of what happened in American Horror Story in its sop ric year and that was trying to introduce too many plot lines and left the ones that should have been pertinent and fully undeveloped. I mean the Vee storyline was a good add but by the time you start to see the element of her being a terrible human being she is offed. The light of the 2nd season is delving into the personal lives even more further. It also led to a slight lessoning of the show by diluting its purpose. All things said, I think we all believe it is slightly less than the first but I've heard people bash it and not have concrete reasons to do so. I guess that is the way it is nowadays that people can voice their opinion and its readily accessible weather it is true or not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    the larry/ best friend storyline was predictable. just when you started to care about the cancer patient, who had pretty much no role before, they off her. for all this talk about evolving, at the end of the day, what has evolved? Vee came and went. i didn't care for her character or her arc. she was this seasons villain and nothing more. what are they going to do next season? they substantially lessened one of the key characters roles this season in Red. I could go on and on. Season one was a solid 4 out of 5 stars, this season maybe 3 (or less). i'd consider that a substantial difference.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Less quality? Slightly but not by much. I think it did what the 1st season should have and explained the supporting cast. Not sure what else people wanted it couldn't keep the same beginning premise it had to evolve. I think, though, where it lost momentum is kind of what happened in American Horror Story in its sop ric year and that was trying to introduce too many plot lines and left the ones that should have been pertinent and fully undeveloped. I mean the Vee storyline was a good add but by the time you start to see the element of her being a terrible human being she is offed. The light of the 2nd season is delving into the personal lives even more further. It also led to a slight lessoning of the show by diluting its purpose. All things said, I think we all believe it is slightly less than the first but I've heard people bash it and not have concrete reasons to do so. I guess that is the way it is nowadays that people can voice their opinion and its readily accessible weather it is true or not.
    I just didn't care for Vee dragging down characters I grew to like in the first season. Just seemed regressive, even though they are "just" prisoners etc, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Finally started watching this show the last few weeks, and Season 2 is so much better than Season 1. The show is pretty funny, though it's kind of stupid seeing a prison where the inmates have freedoms like it's a summer camp, with all this time alone and away from guards so they can fist each other in the chapel and so on. I think the weakest character isn't Biggs, but the heroin-fiend from American Pie. Nevertheless, it's pretty good TV if you don't take it seriously. I loved the Rosa storyline.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Finished Season 2 a couple of weeks ago and was a little disappointed. Still better than so much stuff on television these days but still a step back from the first season. I have hope for the next year since the way the season ended the two weakest links in the whole damn thing, Vee and Larry, at least seem to be wrapped up to some extent.

I get the idea behind following Larry, grounding the idea that life outside the prison goes on, but periodic visits to see that Larry is still a whiny pussy over and over again were momentum killers every episode. And the drawn out drama with the best friend whose husband is kind enough to plot device himself out of the way was a snoozer. I almost feel like the could have salvaged that storyline if they had just confined it to one episode, likely the furlough one. Use some flashbacks to tell the story of how it happened leading up to Piper finding out. Essentially structuring the episode away from the prison like the other episodes. Instead it was a regularly scheduled trip to town that derailed the show for 5-10 minutes at a time.

And then Vee. As someone up above said she never seemed to be an actual character so much as a hired gun brought in to stir up drama. For a show that does such a good job of giving texture to even the most background of characters they built the entire second half of the season around someone that just felt flat and cartoony. Really what it felt like to me was that they sat down with a list of things they wanted to accomplish with other characters (Red, Tasty, Pousey, etc.) and cooked up a character to make those happen rather than create her on her own merits.

I agree with the 4.5 stars first season stepping back to a 3 and a quarter quality assessment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought Vee was an important addition showing how Taystee and Chapman have so much in common, being controlled by basically pimps because they both had for self-esteem.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just started watching season 1..not too bad for a show about a bunch of prison lesbians.

within 5 minutes of episode 1, the main star has already shown her s and ass and most of her ..Nice way to get my attention

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Surprised by how popular the show is season was was a 3 of 5, season 2 was a 3.5 out of 5 i.m.o

The last episode of season 2 was brutal. It was like 30 minutes of scenes that should have been deleted where kept. Should have been like 50 minutes long.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched the 1st season, FWDing through the chit chat bull and lesbian looks. Started watching season 2 but like all renews, they just rehash the old. These series all resurrect people who you were done with last season because the writers have nothing. It seems to happen on every series that goes more than one season.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Season 3 trailer released

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That trailer reminds me of. . . .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Loved the ending of season 2.. Vee getting offed was one of the most satisfying moments in a series IMO

Thread Information