Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Poor training’ resulted in almost 400 shootings by Philadelphia police – Justice Dept

Poor training led Philadelphia police officers to the mistaken belief that fearing for their lives alone justified the use of deadly force, a new Justice Department review has found. That fear resulted in 394 shootings over a seven-year period.

The 'Assessment of Deadly Force in the Philadelphia Police Department,' released Monday, came with 48 findings and 91 recommendations by the Justice Department.

It found that 81 percent of the victims of officer-involved shootings were African-American men in their twenties;

59 percent of the shootings were carried out by white officers;

and most shootings occurred in majority black neighborhoods.

Those neighborhoods in northern Philadelphia were also police districts with the highest patterns of gun violence and homicides.

http://rt.com/usa/243385-doj-philade...ice-shootings/

They shot someone once a week. Once every six days to be exact. Thats beyond insane.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This NY Bill Could Effectively Make You a Felon If You're Arrested During a Protest

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/ny-bill-could-effectively-make-you-felon-if-youre-arrested-during-protest?akid=12925.187590.bdg7zG&rd=1&src=newslett er1033738&t=2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woman Held 8 Days in NYC Psych Ward For Saying Obama Followed Her on Twitter — Even Though He Does

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/woman-held-8-days-nyc-psych-ward-saying-obama-followed-her-twitter-even-though-he?akid=12925.187590.bdg7zG&rd=1&src=newsletter103 3738&t=18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CLUMSY COP ATTEMPTS TO SHOOT FAMILY DOG, MISSES AND KILLS MOTHER INSTEAD SMH

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bod...g-kill-mother/

pussy ass cops. people need to stop calling the police unless its an absolute emergency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CLUMSY COP ATTEMPTS TO SHOOT FAMILY DOG, MISSES AND KILLS MOTHER INSTEAD SMH

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bod...g-kill-mother/

pussy ass cops. people need to stop calling the police unless its an absolute emergency.
    Hope this gets some national run. People need to hear this . Didn't even need to shoot the dog but attempted to and winds up killing someone.

I'd expect for him to get a paid vacation during an "investigation"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus...

just saw this on Huffington post. The comments were going in on the cops: tu

Hopefully the cops were be charged (with jail time) and he gets a big payday

"Clearly, another case of an armed black man assaulting police. As the video shows, he had two arms, both black."-267 likes

"You never know when 'failure to make a complete stop' will escalate into 'mass murder'. You gotta be safe !"-52 likes

"Yeah, lol, who wouldn't do some "resisting" if anyone had you in a head-lock... you are going to react, especially if you feel your life may be in danger..."-51 likes

"So many of these officers who get caught in these type of incidents are repeat offenders What a coincidence one of the officers was accused of planting evidence in another case."-96 likes

"Choke the out of you, your body automatically responds to get air, now they can accuse you of resisting while pummeling you. This is what some of you see, imagine what goes unreported or unseen.

At some point this country has to admit we have a problem. There is probably more focus on the issue but that's good. They probably hated that he was driving a nice car, too uppity."-142 likes

"If the officer was fired for planting evidence in Detroit why in the was he hired in Inkster? Bad cops are bad cops period. I hope Mr. Dent sues the pants of this police department."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    jesus...

Trill did your boy Shaun King ever apologize for pushing the false narrative of hands up don't shoot? He blocked my FuzzyLumpkins twitter handle so I haven't followed him lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA here to exonerate the criminal cops and criminalize Black While Driving (Cadillac), sooner or later.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA here to exonerate the criminal cops and criminalize Black While Driving (Cadillac), sooner or later.
    Melendez is a piece of cop with a history, I hope he's thrown in jail.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melendez is a piece of cop with a history, I hope he's thrown in jail.
    Chances are slim: compromised prosecutors, judges, the Blue Wall lying out its stinky ass about the "perceived threat".

and he wasn't the only one going Rodney-King on the guy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Chances are slim: compromised prosecutors, judges, the Blue Wall lying out its stinky ass about the "perceived threat".

and he wasn't the only one going Rodney-King on the guy.
    Was there more video that I missed? Just looked like Melendez punching him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston cop shot point blank in the face during routine traffic stop

http://twitchy.com/2015/03/29/nearly...o-west-age-41/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teen Was Kept In Solitary Confinement For 143 Days Before Even Facing Trial

A federal review conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice found that Baltimore City Detention Center was illegally putting teens in psychologically damaging solitary confinement as they awaited trial for adult charges. One detainee was kept in solitary confinement for 143 days.

The report, released on Friday, found that in addition to a detainee identified as RC who was detained for 143 days, another detainee, EM, spent 53 of the 105 days spent in detention in solitary. Furthermore, the rules at the facility mandated that violators must spend 7 to 14 days for a first offense and must wait around 80 days for a disciplinary review.

The DOJ review found that though the detention center, put under federal review for previous civil rights violations, was still violating state and federal law by exceeding the limits for solitary confinement, failing to provide teens with drugs and other prescribed treatments, and some detainees were even denied the right to exercise. They also concluded that many of the staff were poorly trained.

“This is grossly excessive and violates basic principles of Due Process,” the Justice Department report read. “It is even more troubling for the 24 percent of juveniles in seclusion who are ultimately found not guilty under the disciplinary process.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-facing-trial/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston cop shot point blank in the face during routine traffic stop

http://twitchy.com/2015/03/29/nearly...o-west-age-41/

i'm asking you nicely, can you please make a seperate thread for crimes against police? this thread is about exposing police brutality and excessive use of force. whatever agenda you have, please keep it in a seperate thread. thank you in advance.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i'm asking you nicely, can you please make a seperate thread for crimes against police? this thread is about exposing police brutality and excessive use of force. whatever agenda you have, please keep it in a seperate thread. thank you in advance.
    That's a great idea and I expect you'll be deleting all of your posts in this thread referencing Mike Brown since it clearly doesn't belong here. Thank you in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a great idea and I expect you'll be deleting all of your posts in this thread referencing Mike Brown since it clearly doesn't belong here. Thank you in advance.
    o, spurraider. i didn't ask you to delete anything. i just asked if you want to post about crimes against police, to make a new thread. i didn't post any stories about mike brown in this thread either. dude you're obsessed with mike b.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your level of asshurt over people not believing the police force and begging for apologies over it is pretty pathetic. That along with you trying to be me on twitter just goes to demonstrate how hung up you are.

I'm not sure if you are gay, just a creeper like Jennifer Jason Lee in SWF, or both. Either way I'm not interested.

But by all means go to every thread and beg some more. See if you get it. It's amusing.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Fish in a barrel tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being called out as a whiny, desperate was your masterstroke obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o, spurraider. i didn't ask you to delete anything. i just asked if you want to post about crimes against police, to make a new thread. i didn't post any stories about mike brown in this thread either. dude you're obsessed with mike b.
    it is a police brutality issue. i'm sure the gentleman who fired at the police must have been assaulted by the pig before he opened fire.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say no.

The extreme pressure that goes with this job can lead to mistakes.
    You can post both in the same thread. Police abuse is a problem. Which can lead to situations where cops are not careful enough. Somebody has to pull people over in the middle of the night. And yes I'd rather be white when dealing with cops.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Being called out as a whiny, desperate was your masterstroke obviously.
    click click pew pew

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Does lack of police action count as enough to post in this thread?

http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHome....php?ID=352454

Two suspected robbers believed to be in their mid twenties, were set ablaze Monday morning after they were severely beaten by some angry residents of Ayigya Zongo, near the Affordable Housing Project in Kumasi.

The suspects were allegedly caught red-handed at about 4am when they attempted to snatch a laptop and a cell phone from a student at gunpoint.

The residents defended what has become known as 'instance justice' in Ghana because they do not trust the police, and that anytime a suspected robber is arrested, he is set free after a few days.

But the police has often denied these claims saying they follow legal procedures in prosecuting suspects.

The residents have vowed to lynch any suspected armed robber since they are terrorizing them on daily basis.

In a graphic video available to tv3network.com, the suspected robbers were seen pleading for clemency but were not spared.

While many residents looked on helplessly begging for the suspects, a few courageous men mercilessly battered the suspects with various deadly weapons as they bled profusely.

As they became unconscious, the angry residents did not end there.

Two men were seen lighting a match stick on the suspects after they had poured a substance believed to be petrol on them.

They claim, their action is to deter others from engaging in robbery activities and find themselves decent jobs to earn income.

Several residents around the Affordable Housing Project say they have been terrorized by suspected robbers at least in the last one month.

The Ashanti Regional capital Kumasi, is noted for several of such cases where suspected robbers are lynched by residents who believe the police has failed to effectively protect them.

Human rights activists have mostly condemned the canker and have advocated the prosecution of persons who take the law into their own hands.

But the police rarely prosecutes people for such offenses since in most cases, the perpetrators are often not found out after carrying out such heinous crimes.

Kumasi, which is Ghana's second largest city, also records a high number of criminal cases although the police in recent months have made several arrests.

Thread Information