Page 74 of 150 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cops say happy UNFORGETTABLE birthday, kid.

Oklahoma Police Show up at 5-Year-Old's Birthday Party—and Shoot His Dog in the Head

The boy said that he wishes someone from the Wynnewood Police would at least apologize for killing his friend.

The officer who shot the dog told the family that the dog had lunged at him through the fence. Wynnewood Police Chief Ken Moore stood behind the officer’s actions,

saying the dog was vicious and had come around the corner of the house outside the fence and charged at the officer.

However, Fox 25 said that the video from the scene of the incident they reviewed contradicts the officer’s story.

Opie’s body is lying inside the fence with a gunshot wound to the head.

The officer who shot the dog had come to the Malone home to serve a warrant to a person who lived there 10 years ago.

The warrant, he said, gave him the right to enter private property and take whatever action he deemed appropriate under the cir stances. The Malone family says they never saw any warrant.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...-year-olds-dog

America is a ing shooting gallery for cops
    Go ahead, CosmicParasite, DEFEND THE COPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murica

"free country"

"safe"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jaw dropping tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cops 30 days paid leave, then back on the job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cops 30 days paid leave, then back on the job
    unlikely in this case, from the information available so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, that one is extremely ed up. I hope this guy sues and becomes a millionaire.
    I'd gleefully take that case on contingency. Maybe also work something out with those news anchors too

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    He's about to be rich and not have to deal with autistic kids ever again

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This Miami video made me laugh because it was so ridiculous what happened to this dude while the fat autistic guy was playing with his toy truck. The part which made me laugh the most was when the guy asked the cop why he shot him, and the cop responded, "I don't know". Like seriously wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's about to be rich and not have to deal with autistic kids ever again
    Gonna go out on a limb and say he's not in that field for the money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they mistake an autistic kid with a toy truck for a suicidal gunman ... and proceed to shoot the nearest black guy who was lying on the ground with his arms in the air. But, as I have said before, this happens too often for it to be an anomaly. This is a logical outcome of the fear and propaganda ginned up by the NRA and gun makers.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely bizzare.

What the ...

Black Therapist: " why did you shoot me sir?"
    Cop: " I don't know."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cops say happy UNFORGETTABLE birthday, kid.

Oklahoma Police Show up at 5-Year-Old's Birthday Party—and Shoot His Dog in the Head

The boy said that he wishes someone from the Wynnewood Police would at least apologize for killing his friend.

The officer who shot the dog told the family that the dog had lunged at him through the fence. Wynnewood Police Chief Ken Moore stood behind the officer’s actions,

saying the dog was vicious and had come around the corner of the house outside the fence and charged at the officer.

However, Fox 25 said that the video from the scene of the incident they reviewed contradicts the officer’s story.

Opie’s body is lying inside the fence with a gunshot wound to the head.

The officer who shot the dog had come to the Malone home to serve a warrant to a person who lived there 10 years ago.

The warrant, he said, gave him the right to enter private property and take whatever action he deemed appropriate under the cir stances. The Malone family says they never saw any warrant.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...-year-olds-dog

America is a ing shooting gallery for cops
    Go ahead, CosmicParasite, DEFEND THE COPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's also the heads that call in things like "there's a guy sitting in the street with a gun, threatening to kill himself".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Shocking Reminder of How Reliant Prosecutors Are on Plea Deals

the story of Annie Dookhan, the disgraced Boston-area drug laboratory chemist whose egregious corner-cutting over a decade of work may have compromised more than 24,000 convictions in Massachusetts.

Dookhan pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, perjury, and tampering with evidence in November 2013 and was released from prison this past April.

But the ripple effects from a decade of malfeasance created a profound headache for the Massachusetts criminal justice system, sending lawyers throughout the state scrambling to determine which cases needed to be re-examined.

Last year, the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts ruled that anyone who had pleaded guilty to drug charges based on test results prepared by Dookhan could take back their pleas. On Wednesday, the court followed up with a second ruling in a case involving a man who had been convicted at trial based partly on Dookhan’s discredited analysis.

In an opinion, Chief Justice Ralph Gants wrote, “Regardless whether a defendant pleads guilty to a drug offense or is found guilty at trial, where Dookhan examined the substance in question as a primary or confirmatory chemist, the evidence is still potentially tainted by Dookhan's misconduct, the taint is still attributable to the government.”

In an email, D.A. office spokesman Jake Wark told the Globe that Wednesday’s ruling would only cause a “minimal disruption.” That’s because the vast majority of the roughly 7,500 Suffolk County convictions affected by Dookhan’s misconduct had resulted from plea bargains, not jury trials.

the new ruling would not significantly expand the class of people affected by the bad tests because so few of those cases ever went to trial in the first place.

Prosecutors run the show because, in most cases, the law gives them great flexibility to decide which charges to bring against a defendant and thus what kinds of sentences to threaten in order to pressure him into waiving his right to a trial. This is wrong not only because it is inherently coercive; it also leads to false confessions.

Citing the National Registry of Exonerations, Rakoff noted in his NYRB piece that 10 percent of the 1,428 exonerations that were handed down between 1989 and 2014 involved cases in which a defendant had pleaded guilty.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...utors_are.html

Annie got off really, really easy for the 100s of years, false imprisonments, and $10Ms wasted trying to fix her mess.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-21-2016 at 09:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd gleefully take that case on contingency. Maybe also work something out with those news anchors too
    You'd manage to it up marilyn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd manage to it up marilyn.
    Did I your mom or sister or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I your mom or sister or something?
    I doubt you'd have it in you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt you'd have it in you.
    They're that ing disgusting huh?

Well, then you should stop acting like an angsty teen jealous of the guy ing your mom or sister

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I can imagine how much more this kind of was happening before HD camera phones.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So apparently the cops' story was that they were aiming for the autistic guy. Rather than get a pair of binoculars or find some way to even check to see if this guy was truly a danger they were just going to shoot first and ask questions later....and then they shot the wrong guy. I don't have the words

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So apparently the cops' story was that they were aiming for the autistic guy. Rather than get a pair of binoculars or find some way to even check to see if this guy was truly a danger they were just going to shoot first and ask questions later....and then they shot the wrong guy. I don't have the words
    I know. How does shooting a guy sitting on the ground (even if you thought it might be a weapon and not a truck) make sense. The officers were behind cover. there was no imminent threat. what a pu$$y, tbh. He should lose his job for cowardice tbh ...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I know. How does shooting a guy sitting on the ground (even if you thought it might be a weapon and not a truck) make sense. The officers were behind cover. there was no imminent threat. what a pu$$y, tbh. He should lose his job for cowardice tbh ...
    The worst part is someone was actually watching what was going on with a pair of binoculars and kept trying to tell the cops the autistic guy was holding a truck but they just kept telling him to get back. I guess trying to save lives just isn't worth the effort anymore to some cops. Shooting someone is supposed to be the last resort I thought.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jailer testifies he falsified jail log in Sandra Bland case, lawyer says

The lawyer for Sandra Bland's mother said a former Waller County Jail guard told him under oath that he falsified entries on a jail log, indicating he checked on Bland in the hour before she was found dead when he did not.

A source familiar with the state's investigation of Bland's death confirmed that special prosecutors were told about the falsified records but that a Waller County grand jury decided not to indict anyone associated with the sheriff's office.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/houston-tex...ra-8402120.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida cop who shot unarmed therapist was aiming for his autistic patient — who was holding a toy truck

Sorry about that bullet, man. I was aiming for the autistic guy.

A Florida cop who wounded an unarmed black therapist

was actually trying to shoot the man’s patient, a union official saidThursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2720369

OK, that's MUCH BETTER than "I don't know" !

Nothing but the usual "mental health care" delivered by cops everywhere, daily.

"Lie And Deny", the standard policy of cops, cop mgmt, DAs, prosecutors, police union officials

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So, to save a person from a potential gunman, you shoot the person and then handcuff him? All for his own safety.

Thread Information