Page 79 of 150 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3728
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds awful if true, but the story is coming from proven liar Fraud King. Will wait for a legit source.
    This one has a better description

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...cted-carjacker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few moments later, the man came out of the garage with a gun in his hand and police fired shots, sources said. At a press conference Tuesday afternoon, IMPD said they shot the man once in the stomach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how dare the victim exercise his 2nd amendment rights on his property and open his garage smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how dare the victim exercise his 2nd amendment rights on his property and open his garage smh
    As always the cops gave him every possible chance to put his gun down, following the Tamir Rice tactic, because above all for cops BLM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. He opened his garage and started firing off shots like Yosemite Sam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. He opened his garage and started firing off shots like Yosemite Sam.
    oh he did? can you please link me to where you got that key information?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always the cops gave him every possible chance to put his gun down, following the Tamir Rice tactic, because above all for cops BLM
    yup same for john crawford. the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh he did? can you please link me to where you got that key information?
    Darrin posted it above.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...cted-carjacker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it doesn't say anything about the homeowner firing his weapon:

A few moments later, the man came out of the garage with a gun in his hand and police fired shots, sources said. At a press conference Tuesday afternoon, IMPD said they shot the man once in the stomach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i suspect you of trying to justify the race soldiers reckless actions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesn't say anything about the homeowner firing his weapon:

Whoops. My bad. I had skimmed it thinking that he fired the shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought all black parents have "the talk" with their kids about how to act around cops tbh

im sure those talks didnt include opening a door to them with a gun in hand

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I knew Fraud King would leave out details.

So so they guy thought the cops were the carjackers, the cops thought the armed guy was the carjacker. Unfortunate situation all around and I hope he recovers.

Lesson on to be learned (common sense) if you call the cops about an armed suspect and you are also armed let cops know you are armed and stay inside your house. When they arrive again let them know you are armed before they enter the house.

Again it's very unfortunate but leave it to Fraud King to spin this into cops targeting a black man. Shaun King.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew Fraud King would leave out details.

So so they guy thought the cops were the carjackers, the cops thought the armed guy was the carjacker. Unfortunate situation all around and I hope he recovers.

Lesson on to be learned (common sense) if you call the cops about an armed suspect and you are also armed let cops know you are armed and stay inside your house. When they arrive again let them know you are armed before they enter the house.

Again it's very unfortunate but leave it to Fraud King to spin this into cops targeting a black man. Shaun King.
    And of course Trill too, even after reading the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'all done cucking for race soldiers?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Next time you see a Shaun King story find out what really happened first before posting his version. Fraud King got famous for pushing hands up don't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling all police race soldiers just proves what a you are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arkansas judge’s ‘debtors’ prison’ court jailed cancer patient over unpaid bills: lawsuit

A judge in Sherwood, Arkansas is accused of running a “modern-day debtors’ prison” that victimized a 44-year-old cancer patient, among others, the Huffington Post reported.

“People are doomed for failure when they appear before the court, and most significantly trapped in this never-ending cycle of expanding debt,”

said Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

“With the resurgence of debtors’ prisons, we will continue to see people cycle in and our of jails and prisons across our country merely because of their inability to pay fines and fees tied to low-level, nonviolent offenses.”

Sherwood District Court Judge Milas “Butch” Hale’s conduct while leading the court’s “hot checks division” is the focus of a lawsuit filed this week by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas. Acting in this capacity, Hale sentenced Lee Robertson to 90 days in jail for owing the court $3,054.51. Robertson has been living with pancreatic cancer since 2009, which has affected his ability to pay back past debts.

But according to the suit, Robertson and his fellow

defendants unknowingly sign away their right to an attorney in order to be let into the courtroom.

The court also bars defendants’ family and friends from witnessing the proceedings, and

no transcripts are kept of the hearings.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/arka...bills-lawsuit/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-25-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black USC students settle LAPD lawsuit for $450,000

“ … who were enrolled at the University of Southern California, had been attending an off-campus party when a noise complaint was made. Members of Los Angeles’ finest showed up with helmets and batons and cleared out the party.

The students alleged that a similar party across the street attended by predominantly white students received no such response.

In fact, the students say, students attending the mostly white party were directed to stay inside the house as the police cleared out the other party.”

the jury in June found

“ … in favor of several of the students, determining that some of the officers used excessive force, did not have probable cause for an arrest and acted with malice.

LAPD Officer John Carlyle was found to have used excessive force on [student Christian Sutton who was videotaping the officers].

Jurors also found that Carlyle had no probable cause for the arrest and acted with malice.

Sgts. Boris Washington and Brandon Rockett were also found to have used excessive force and to have acted with malice.

Jurors, however, did not find that officers acted with racial bias.

After the verdicts, the city agreed to settle the case.”

“Neither the city attorney’s office nor the attorney for the students could be reached for comment.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Clear out a black party with excessive force, but don't bother a white party. Nope, no racial bias

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-29-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can big data stop bad cops?

Deep within their findings, Justice investigators singled out a core failure: Baltimore’s system for identifying troubled officers was broken and existed in name only.

In Baltimore, Justice found that critical disciplinary records were excluded from its early intervention system, that police supervisors often intervened only after an officer’s behavior became egregious and that when they did, the steps they took were inadequate.

Justice highlighted the case of an unnamed officer who was criminally charged after he shot at a car as it drove toward him. When investigators looked into the officer’s background, they found that he had been involved in two prior shootings, had a history of complaints for harassment and excessive force, and had been flagged repeatedly in the early intervention system.

“The Department failed to respond to those alerts in a way that could have uncovered the officer’s condition or otherwise allowed for an intervention,”

Since 1994, 36 civil rights investigations by Justice discovered that local agencies had deeply flawed early intervention systems or no system in place at all,

The Newark Police Department abandoned its early intervention system after just one year and lost track of more than 100 officers who had been flagged for monitoring, Justice found in 2014.

Justice told the Harvey Police Department in suburban Chicago to adopt a system in 2012 after its officers were accused of excessive force. The department’s system logged iness and grooming violations, but it failed to track lawsuits alleging misconduct or abuse,

The New Orleans Police Department’s system was found in 2011 to be “outdated and essentially exists in name only,” Justice said. Rank-and-file officers mocked the system and considered inclusion a “badge of honor.”

Justice, which has investigated dozens of police departments nationwide for civil rights violations, considers early intervention systems critical to reforming embattled agencies. Some of the troubled police departments had early intervention systems and collected information about officers’ behavior but did nothing with the data,

“There was nobody actually reading it, or looking at it and evaluating it, and then taking action thereafter,”

“You can have a system and technology, but you actually need human beings to use the information, to act on it and to analyze it over time.”

Many of the Justice Department’s civil rights probes into local police agencies have been prompted by allegations that police have a pattern of using excessive force against civilians. One of the areas that Justice scrutinizes is whether departments have functioning early intervention systems.

In Ferguson, for example, one of Justice’s key findings was that police records were so “incomplete and scattered” that the department was unable to implement an early intervention system.

Justice said that its 14-month investigation revealed that officers in Baltimore discriminated against black residents, violated people’s civil rights with uncons utional arrests, used excessive force and retaliated against police critics. On Aug. 10 , city leaders promised sweeping reforms in the 2,600-officer force and said that they would work with Justice officials to hammer out the details.

“I think a lot of them [police leaders] give lip service to it because it’s important to have one, but they don’t really use it,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...6b1_story.html

Good Cops who protect Bad Cops are Bad Cops.

Crusading, quote-chasing DAs, prosecutors, Lie and Deny cops, the "plea bargain" catastrophe, mandatory long sentences, all add up to a badly broken justice system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After nearly a year of reporting, the Texas Tribune released an unprecedented look at police shootings in the state of Texas.

https://apps.texastribune.org/unholstered/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why police are pushing back on body cameras

Police unions from Massachusetts to California are rebuffing transparency measures as a growing number of the rank-and-file say privacy is becoming an issue of both personal safety and basic employment rights.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2016/0830/Why-police-are-pushing-back-on-body-cameras

Why isn't the VRWC trying kill police and firemen's unions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why police are pushing back on body cameras

Police unions from Massachusetts to California are rebuffing transparency measures as a growing number of the rank-and-file say privacy is becoming an issue of both personal safety and basic employment rights.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2016/0830/Why-police-are-pushing-back-on-body-cameras

Why isn't the VRWC trying kill police and firemen's unions?

Boo, you are such a . Kissing up to police and fire unions is not just a republican or democrat issue. Both sides do it because the politicians, especially at the local level, are afraid of the block vote.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo, you are such a . Kissing up to police and fire unions is not just a republican or democrat issue. Both sides do it because the politicians, especially at the local level, are afraid of the block vote.
    Dems support the unions that contribute to Dems

Repugs destroy unions as a source of Dem funding, support. Repugs cherry pick police, fire unions as right-wing working class.

Thread Information