Page 9 of 150 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo.

If this disturbing video proves anything, it's how *fast* a routine encounter can turn deadly. The suspect drew and fired in a blink of an eye.
    Police don't have time to wonder whether you're armed or not. If you don't follow their instructions, expect to be considered armed, and expect to be shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knives are lethal but fairly easy to defend against. In the following, the guy on the left is approximating a two hand knife attack on an unarmed citizen. (for safety reason, they used black puffy things instead of knives).
    Even if everyone was a tip top athlete try doing that with a vest and pounds of gear on. This is just as impractical as saying Police should be trained to catch bullets with their teeth, but the good guys are always successful with in the movies right? I don't know why I even bother with reason and logic here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "how do you think they should proceed to detain people who aren't being compliant?"

I'm sure there are 100Ks more detainings, arrests, bookings than are really necessary. Police have quotas to meet.

Instead jumping, choke holding, beating, kicking, tazing, shooting for the pure entertainment of IMMEDIATE escalation, police should ALWAYS stay cool, patient, and de-escalate, BUT THEY WON'T.

so your response to "how should they proceed to detain people who aren't being complaint" is to detain less people?

lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so your response to "how should they proceed to detain people who aren't being complaint" is to detain less people?

lol
    yep, their quota and gratuitous detainings, arrests, friskings. NYPD went on a slow down 90% fewer everything, and NY didn't fall apart. A lot of police work is just busy work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if everyone was a tip top athlete try doing that with a vest and pounds of gear on. This is just as impractical as saying Police should be trained to catch bullets with their teeth, but the good guys are always successful with in the movies right? I don't know why I even bother with reason and logic here...
    LOL. equating practical self defense with catching bullets in your teeth. Yeah...that's the same as disarming someone with a knife. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. equating practical self defense with catching bullets in your teeth. Yeah...that's the same as disarming someone with a knife. smh
    Just admit that is a dumb idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just admit that is a dumb idea.
    teaching cops to use non-lethal methods of self defense? why is that dumb to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teaching cops to use non-lethal methods of self defense? why is that dumb to you?
    LOL Double Eagle Flying Kick

You want me to do WHAT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Double Eagle Flying Kick

You want me to do WHAT?
    not saying I'm wrong tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but just because that guy is fat doesn't mean that he should be able to shoot someone because he's too out of shape.
    maybe don't hire so many fat ing cops. or at least just put em behind desks. sure don't put them up against the hood rats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but just because that guy is fat doesn't mean that he should be able to shoot someone because he's too out of shape.
    maybe don't hire so many fat ing cops. or at least just put em behind desks. sure don't put them up against the hood rats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ exactly. Fat cop can handle non-threatening white jackass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, their quota and gratuitous detainings, arrests, friskings. NYPD went on a slow down 90% fewer everything, and NY didn't fall apart. A lot of police work is just busy work
    But you're missing my entire point and just dodging the question. Let's say that cut arrests in half. Or even cut it to 5%

Even with those decreased numbers, my question stands. How you you think they should proceed to detain somebody who isn't being compliant

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you're missing my entire point and just dodging the question. Let's say that cut arrests in half. Or even cut it to 5%

Even with those decreased numbers, my question stands. How you you think they should proceed to detain somebody who isn't being compliant
    then they go into their standard brutality, choke holds, tasers, shoot 'em 10 times, at least, a full clip.

If they police really, truly put "to serve and protect" first, they'd also RE ING TREAT, like Wilson getting in his car and backing away from DEMON, GRUNTING ANIMAL BROWN, or that cop being "charged" by domestic-dispute lady with knife, running out of the house. Both Brown and the lady would be alive, but police NEVER retreat, they KILL first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still can't answer the question

How are you ever going to detain anybody if they aren't compliant? Retreating isn't getting you any closer to detainment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still can't answer the question

How are you ever going to detain anybody if they aren't compliant? Retreating isn't getting you any closer to detainment
    you still can't ing read

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida PD uses mug shots of black men for target practice

http://www.salon.com/2015/01/16/flor...rget_practice/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still can't ing read
    You never answered how you think they should proceed to detain somebody who isn't compliant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never answered how you think they should proceed to detain somebody who isn't compliant.
    I did answer "then they go into their standard brutality, choke holds, tasers, shoot 'em 10 times, at least, a full clip. demon n!gg@s are hard to kill"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did answer "then they go into their standard brutality, choke holds, tasers, shoot 'em 10 times, at least, a full clip. demon n!gg@s are hard to kill"
    ok. so this is how you think officers should work? because that's what i'm asking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. so this is how you think officers should work? because that's what i'm asking.
    I told you, go read

I left out a tactic: get him on the ground prone, hand-cuffed, and with 6+ of your fellow awful-cers, beat the out of non-compliant victim, kidneys first until they pee blood for days, head for concussions, brain damage, joints, and of coursr, how could I forget, the over-sized demon black genitals, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to know you agree with police behavior in the mike brown and eric garner cases

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to know you agree with police behavior in the mike brown and eric garner cases
    no, I disagree 100%, both murders were 100% avoidable, but Black Lives Don't Matter to the police.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, I disagree 100%, both murders were 100% avoidable, but Black Lives Don't Matter to the police.
    those were cides, not murders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garner was murdered. In my eyes at least. Yet some people deem choke-holding a man or shooting a man an efficient and necessary way to deal with somebody who 'isn't complying'.

Thread Information