Page 94 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Stash House Sting Criticized By The Court... But Lengthy Sentences Left Untouched

The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals has let some more stash house sting convictions stand.

But not without considerable discussion of the government's tactics.

And not without one judge appending a long rebuke to her reluctant concurrence.

Once again, the ATF has managed to secure multiple convictions predicated on nonexistent evidence.

The sting, helmed by veteran
    ATF agent Richard Zayas, involved

a made-up drug stash house "containing" at least enough drugs to trigger 10-year mandatory minimum sentences for the defendants.

Zayas' sting operations always include fic ious armed stash house guards, otherwise the ATF's involvement would be unnecessary.

The end result is multiple convictions. But other than a few seized weapons,

nothing contributing to public safety was achieved.

No actual drug dealer was targeted,

nor was the sting linked with any larger ATF/DEA/FBI operation aimed at curbing inner city drug trade.

Nonetheless, the Sixth Circuit Appeals Court upholds everything, rejecting multiple due process challenges from the defendants.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ntouched.shtml

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US's Secretive Private Prison Industry Is About to Become Much Less Secretive

The private prison industry, which briefly went into free fall after President Obama's Justice Department announced the government would end its use of private prisons in August 2016, has found

new allies in President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions -- and is making fast dividends on the new deal.

Giants like GEO Group and Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) have received billions in taxpayer dollars for renewed government contracts, and have leveraged their private status to closely guard the details of each deal.

That's All About to Change, Though

On Oct. 10, the Supreme Court ruled against CCA and GEO, which attempted to block Freedom of Information Act requests by government watchdog groups.

The decision marked a breakthrough for the Center for Cons utional Rights, which filed the lawsuit in 2013 after two government agencies refused to release information about the detention bed quota --

a little known mandate that requires government agents to fill 34,000-bed immigrant detentions centers across the country.

The detention bed quota, which dates back to 2009, has inflated the incarceration rates at detention centers, including the Dilley complex, which is managed by CCA. CCA and GEO profit enormously from the policies; and

considering the amounts that these companies pay to lobby Congress, it's no wonder government officials are so averse to sharing their secrets.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/4...less-secretive

So public police state is obligated contractually to keep filling the prisons of the private police state.

Goddamn, America is so ed and corrupted.

And as we've seen on so many occasions, targets of FOIA requests are often extremely slow, like years, to respand, and/or find some reason to deny the requests, and/or charge prohibitive fees to requestors, $1000s even $10Ks in fees, just another profit center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma City police officer handcuffs woman for riding a bike and handing him her ID

Woman VIOLENTLY threatens cop with her locked-and-loaded driver's license.

After a local resident called 911 to complain that a white man and a white woman were riding bikes looking at driveways,

Officer James Herlihy stopped Kelsey Pierce because she was a white woman in a dark shirt with a backpack.

Within moments after Herlihy stopped Pierce, he was threatening to put her in handcuffs, which is exactly what he did after she complied with his instructions and showed him her drivers license.

Herlihy told Pierce that he had cuffed her “because you were throwing stuff at me. You handed the ID card to me like you wanted to use it as a weapon and throw it at me.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/27/1710299/-Oklahoma-City-police-officer-handcuffs-woman-for-riding-a-bike-and-handing-him-her-ID?detail=emailclassic

Cops consider Driver Licenses as "mortal weapons"

ing Oklahoma

asshole cops' 5 magic words that justify, exonerate brutality, murder
    "I Feared For My Life"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concern Grows Over Youths at Juvenile Correctional Facility Being Sent to Adult Prison

Juvenile justice officials, advocates and a federal judge expressed worry over legal representation for youths.

State officials, advocates and a federal judge on Thursday proposed remedies to better deal with youths accused of assaulting staff members at a southern Illinois juvenile correctional facility, including finding youths outside lawyers instead of local public defenders and conducting additional training for correctional officers.

“The children don’t get any justice in that courtroom. That’s the primary concern,” Ben Wolf, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, said following a hearing in U.S. District Court in Chicago.

“These cases are not handled the same way when they pop up in other counties. There’s more of a review process. There’s more fairness.

These young people just get railroaded for the most part.”

ProPublica Illinois reported last week that guards and other employees from the Illinois Youth Center at Harrisburg have pursued

more criminal charges over alleged assaults in the past two years than staff at the state’s four other juvenile facilities combined.

https://www.propublica.org/article/y...prison-concern

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ Finally Drops Case Against Protester Who Laughed During Jeff Sessions' Confirmation Hearing

Fairooz, a retired children's librarian and demonstrator affiliated with the organization Code Pink, let out a laugh during a Senate hearing back in January after Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) said Sessions had a “clear and well-do ented” record of “treating all Americans equally under the law.” (Sessions had faced strong opposition from civil rights organizations and was rejected as a federal judge in the 1980s over concerns about his past comments on race.)
    She was convicted in July by a jury -- but supposedly not because she laughed out loud.

Desiree Fairooz, an activist associated with the organization Code Pink, was found guilty on two counts: one for engaging in “disorderly or disruptive conduct” with the intent to disrupt congressional proceedings and a separate count for parading, demonstrating or picketing.

Several jurors who spoke with HuffPost after the verdict emphasized that they were focused on Fairooz’s actions after a rookie Capitol Police officer approached Fairooz when she laughed at Sen. Richard Shelby’s (R-Ala.) claim…

The jurors made this assertion post-conviction but the government appeared to believe laughter was enough of a crime in and of itself to justify pursuing a conviction. The judge disagreed.

[A] judge tossed out the jury’s conviction in July, finding that prosecutors had improperly argued during the trial that “laughter is enough, standing alone,” to merit a conviction. D.C. Superior Court Chief Judge Robert Morin said he found it “disconcerting” that the government had explicitly argued during the trial that laughter in and of itself was enough for a guilty verdict.

The hasty decision of a rookie Capitol cop pretty much defeats that line of reasoning by tainting the arrest itself.

With nowhere else to go and faced with an arrestee unwilling to cave, the DOJ has decided to exit this debacle as gracefully as possible.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-hearing.shtml

but how much was her legal bill?

Session has proved to be a LIAR and a BAD joke, as was his confirmation.

Laughter, ridicule all around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly cops threaten to ‘b*tch slap’ newly elected DA Larry Krasner who was backed by Black Lives Matter

Larry Krasner, who strikes fear into the armed ranks of the Philadelphia Police Department, seen campaigning with a puppy.

Civil rights lawyer Larry Krasner is the target of a temper tantrum by Philadelphia Police who are angry voters ignored fear-mongering from the police union and elected Krasner in a landslide victory, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

About 300 members of the Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 5, unanimously endorsed Republican nominee Beth Grossman. The police union also donated $12,500 and issued an October letter accusing Krasner of “an open hostility against police and law enforcement in general.”

Despite the support of FOP, Grossman received only 25 percent of the vote. With the support of Black Lives Matter, Krasner received 75 percent of the vote.

Philadelphia Inquirer
    feature writer Samantha Melamed exposed police anger at citizens rejecting their message and electing Krasner.

“He doesn’t give me my arrest powers so [I] don’t care.

No blood on my hands when he lets the sh*tbags out,”

Officer Marc Marchetti reportedly posted on Facebook.

“He’s got that look on his face you just wanna wipe off with a b*tch slap,”

Officer Steve Mancuso posted. The Inquirer noted,

“Mancuso has been accused of such rough handling, in a ‘violent takedown’ of an Eagles fan during a game; the case was settled out of court.”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/philly-cops-threaten-to-btch-slap-newly-elected-da-larry-krasner-who-was-backed-by-black-lives-matter/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low-income SF students from Mission nonprofit ejected from Dreamforce conference

“You don’t belong here.”

That phrase was allegedly spoken by a security guard to 20 low-income, mostly Latino students Nov. 6, who were ejected from the giant Dreamforce conference on its opening day, the San Francisco Examiner has learned.

The students are members of the nonprofit dev/Mission, which teaches coding and other technology skills to disadvantaged youth.

They were invited by Salesforce to attend its annual tech conference, Dreamforce, but a pair of

security guards mistakenly ejected the students from the conference

after allegedly singling them out for their appearance and

“fake”-appearing conference attendance badges, which were issued by Salesforce.

“They looked funky. They don’t look like everyone else’s badge,” Sosa said.

This led security to question the student group early on, which a Salesforce staffer, Angelica Pineda, straightened out, Sosa said.

You don’t belong here,” and, allegedly,

“Your kind don’t belong in here.”

http://www.sfexaminer.com/low-income...ce-conference/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas sheriff threatens criminal charges for driver of a truck with ‘ Trump’ sticker

The Republican Sheriff of Fort Bend County, Texas is threatening criminal charges against the owner of a pickup truck with a sticker against GOP President Donald Trump,

Sheriff Troy Nehls posted a photo of a pickup truck’s back window sticker that reads,

“ Trump and you for voting for him.”

KPRC legal analyst Brian Wice explained Sheriff Nehls was wrong about the law and that the 1971 case of Cohen v. California settled the issue before the United States Supreme Court.

Our Prosecutor has informed us she would accept Disorderly Conduct charges

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/texas-sheriff-threatens-criminal-charges-for-driver-of-a-truck-with-fck-trump-sticker/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US military snooping on Ms of Americans

Pentagon contractor leaves social media spy archive wide open on Amazon

• A Pentagon contractor left a vast archive of social-media posts on a publicly accessible Amazon account in what appears to be a military-sponsored intelligence-gathering operation that targeted people in the US and other parts of the world
    • The three cloud-based storage buckets contained at least 1.8 billion scraped online posts spanning eight years, researchers from security firm UpGuard's Cyber Risk Team said in a blog post published Friday. The cache included many posts that appeared to be benign, and in many cases those involved from people in the US, a finding that raises privacy and civil-liberties questions. Facebook was one of the sites that originally hosted the scraped content. Other venues included soccer discussion groups and video game forums. Topics in the scraped content were extremely wide ranging and included Arabic language posts mocking ISIS and Pashto language comments made on the official Facebook page of Pakistani politician Imran Khan.

A Pentagon contractor left a vast archive of social-media posts on a publicly accessible Amazon account in what appears to be a military-sponsored intelligence-gathering operation that targeted people in the US and other parts of the world.
      The three cloud-based storage buckets contained at least 1.8 billion scraped online posts spanning eight years, researchers from security firm UpGuard's Cyber Risk Team said in a blog post published Friday. The cache included many posts that appeared to be benign, and in many cases those involved from people in the US, a finding that raises privacy and civil-liberties questions. Facebook was one of the sites that originally hosted the scraped content. Other venues included soccer discussion groups and video game forums. Topics in the scraped content were extremely wide ranging and included Arabic language posts mocking ISIS and Pashto language comments made on the official Facebook page of Pakistani politician Imran Khan.

?https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/vast-archive-from-pentagon-intel-gathering-operation-left-open-on-amazon/?amp=1

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum conspiracy theorists don't want anything to do with this one? Seems like a no brainer for 4chanfoWars types.

Unless, you know, they're full of .

http://amp.wbaltv.com/article/slain-...-says/13868062

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Officer, Scores of Tickets and a Familiar Racial Disparity

C.J. Brown wrote four times as many pedestrian tickets as any other officer in Jacksonville over the last five years. Most of them went to blacks. His boss says he’s just “good at his job.”

Brown wrote more pedestrian tickets than any other member of the sheriff’s force over the last five years. And so at 8:58 a.m. on July 19, 2017, he issued a $62.50 citation to Martinez: “Pedestrian failed to use sidewalk. Walking in roadway where sidewalks provided.”

“I’ve never been stopped for anything and you’re going to stop me for walking, when I was doing everything right,” Martinez recalled saying to Brown. “He stopped me as if I was a criminal.”

more than 2,200 pedestrian tickets issued to people in Jacksonville from 2012 to 2017, and found that 55 percent of them were issued to blacks despite the fact that the city’s population is just 29 percent African American.

Records show Brown issued 198 pedestrian tickets over five years, four times the total of the next most prolific officer.

Slightly more than 60 percent of his tickets went to blacks, meaning

one of every 10 blacks to receive a pedestrian ticket in Jacksonville from 2012 to 2017 was cited by Brown.

https://www.propublica.org/article/w...r-brown#137129

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pennsylvania Cops Abuse Senior Couple Because They Think Hibiscus Is Marijuana

Trained drug detection officers couldn't tell the difference between hibiscus plants and pot plants.

Edward Cramer, 69, and his wife, Audrey Cramer, 66, were quietly enjoying their golden years this fall when they called their insurance company about a neighbor's tree that had fallen on their property. That's when things started going wacky.

The insurance company, Nationwide Mutual Insurance, sent its local agent, Jonathan Yeamans, to the Cramers' place, but Yeamans apparently had more than insurance claims on his mind.

According to the lawsuit,
    Yeamans surrep iously took photos of flowering hibiscus plants in the backyard,

then sent them to local police as evidence of an illegal marijuana grow.

The Cramers claim that Yeamans

"intentionally photographed the flowering hibiscus plants in such a manner as not to reveal that they had flowers on them so that they would appear to resemble marijuana plants."

Yeamans' photos went to Buffalo Township Officer Jeffrey Sneddon, who claimed to have expertise in identifying marijuana, and who, after incorrectly identifying the plants as marijuana, applied for and received a search warrant for the Cramers' property.

And the raid was on! According to the lawsuit, Audrey Cramer was home alone, upstairs and only partially dressed when police arrived around noon on October 7.

She went downstairs to open the door, only to be confronted by a dozen or so officers pointing assault rifles at her.

https://www.alternet.org/drugs/penns...na-plants-raid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fragmented Surveillance State

Forget Big Brother surveillance. We have thousands of little brothers and sisters.

In Chicago, every person arrested over the past four years has received an algorithmically generated “threat” score (from 1-500) to determine his or her risk of being a perpetrator or victim of a future crime. Those individuals with the highest scores on the Chicago Police Department “heat list” get extra attention in the form of home visits or increased community surveillanc

In Baltimore, for months Cessna planes equipped with wide-angle video cameras capable of filming entire segments of the city flew overhead. A private security company—Persistent Surveillance Systems—connected its aerial video with ongoing police reports and handed the footage over to the Baltimore Police Department to assist in investigating past crimes. Using the surveillance video, one could literally map the comings and goings of everyone—criminals and innocents alike.

The only problem was that

no one had informed the Baltimore City Council or the mayor of this arrangement.

The Los Angeles Police Department—in partnership with the private technology firm Palantir—is currently mapping criminal associates and gangs using new social network technologies. Data about targets and their associates, families, and friends are fed into a growing police investigative database.

These social network systems, which target “chronic offenders,”
    also include information about innocent associates, family members, and friends, creating extensive human maps of connections and patterns of contacts.

Big data policing means that new privacy-invading technologies are now a local problem. Instead of one frightening big brother surveillance state, the reality is really more like thousands of little sisters and brothers (and cousins) all reporting fragmentary bits of bad behavior. The result may be no less oppressive, but the solutions to challenge this growing privacy threat are far more difficult.

these technologies challenge traditional conceptions of privacy and raise issues of racial bias.

Mass surveillance systems capture not just crimes, but the privacies of life: Where you go, whom you associate with, and the patterns of your daily interactions can be recorded and mapped.

If the inputs that go into this prediction model include data that can be subject to human bias (like police discretion in arrests),

then the
    outputs will reflect that biased data.

right now society is not even having that debate.

Ask yourself two very basic questions: What police surveillance technologies are currently being used in your home town?

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2017/11/the_united_states_fragmented_surveillance_system.h tm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    African Americans Are Disproportionately Arrested for Low-Level Marijuana Violations—and the Disparity Is Growing

Blacks are nearly four times more likely than whites to be arrested for minor pot possession violations.

https://www.alternet.org/drugs/afric...ana-violations

An arrest for mj on your record? good luck getting, or keeping, a job

Easy to see why life-long racist and sexual predator Sessions is pushing police to be even more aggressive, and of course, more aggressive arresting blacks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops went Freddy Gray on him.

Incapacitated California man arrested 2 days after suing cops for brain-damage injuries suffered in previous arrest

A disabled northern California man finds himself behind bars only days after filing a civil rights lawsuit against excessive force by police that allegedly caused his brain damage.

John Hernandez is “totally disabled” and has trouble speaking. He has only recently relearned how to walk again.

Two days after filing his lawsuit, Hernandez was arrested, and his mother claims the six police officers sent to arrest her disabled son again used excessive force.

“In a situation where we have a person that is likely to run, we have a responsibility to not only establish containment around the residence, but also have sufficient officers to search a residence and affect an arrest inside,”

“John can’t run, doesn’t know how. Not anymore,” his mother said.

Video from a police cruiser do ented the initial encounter, where Hernandez is simply sitting on the curb.

The victim had a long history of drug abuse, but had no record of violent crime. Hernandez ran from police, seeking sanctuary inside a medical center.

Surveillance video of the lobby showed Hernandez running inside to an elevator and also captured video of a large group of police leaving the lobby later with Hernandez on a stretcher.

According to the lawsuit, four officers smothered Hernandez, depriving him of oxygen for 10 minutes. The lawsuit also cited repeated Taser and baton strikes.

“He’ll never be John again,” the victim’s mother said.

Hernandez told Fox 40 on Tuesday that he sometimes wishes police would have used even more force and killed him.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/inc...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ Still Demanding Iden y Of Twitter Users Because Someone They Shouldn't Have Arrested Tweeted A Smiley Emoji

Last month, I had two blog posts about a particularly insane lawsuit being pushed by the Justice Department against a computer security researcher, Justin Shafer.

As we explained, the arrest and prosecution of Shafer appeared to be the result of a truly
    ridiculous vendetta against Shafer by the FBI because Shafer got angry over a previous (and totally misguided) decision to raid his home,

after he properly disclosed security problems involving some dental practice software.

It seems clear that Shafer never should have been arrested (and never should have had the FBI raid his house three times over just a few months).

the DOJ had sent a subpoena to Twitter demanding basically all info on five Twitter users --

even though two of them don't hide their iden y --

because Shafer tweeted a smiley emoji at them.

the case involved the DOJ demanding the iden y (and more) of five Twitter users because someone else (who they're railroading over bogus charges) sent a smiley emoji to them on Twitter where they were discussing a different lawsuit altogether.

two updates on that story:

(1) Shafer is appealing the fact that he's still in jail, months later and

(2) the DOJ has
    refused to withdraw the emoji subpoena.

Yes. You read that right. The DOJ is doubling down, demanding the iden y (and more) of Twitter users because someone they never should have arrested,

sent a smiley emoji to them.

We can cover that second point first because there's not much more to say beyond

"What the is wrong with the DOJ?"

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ey-emoji.shtml

Such is American life under Sessions' DOJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Death threats' follow report into Indio and Coac a prosecutors, who billed residents high 'prosecution fees'

A law firm contracted as city prosecutors in Indio and Coac a claims it has received “harassing emails” and “death threats” because of a Desert Sun report that revealed they were taking residents to criminal court for small crimes then charging them thousands in “prosecution fees.”

Silver & Wright issued a statement on Thanksgiving calling the article “inaccurate” and “misleading,” but identifying no actual inaccuracies.

a Desert Sun investigation revealed that Silver & Wright had

repeatedly filed
    criminal charges against residents and businesses for small public nuisance crimes – like overgrown weeds, a junk-filled yard or selling popsicles without a business license – then billed them thousands of dollars to recoup expenses.The Desert Sun ivestigation identified 18 cases in which the firm

charged defendants more than $122,000 in “prosecution fees”

since it was hired by Indio and Coac a a few years ago.

If the property owners don’t pay, the cities can put a lien on their land and seize their homes.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...s=mcnewsletter

Taxpayer-financed DA's out-sourcing their jobs to for-profit goons, masquerading as lawyers, to bully, criminalize, and fleece taxpayers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court Says Cop's Theft Of Evidence Shouldn't Have Any Effect On Man's 15-Year Drug Sentence

from the nothing-but-flagmen-on-the-legal-railroad dept

Texas criminal justice blog Grits for Breakfast is highlighting a recent court decision in which several judges

somehow found a way to uphold a conviction directly predicated on law enforcement deception.

The Government-Always-Wins faction on the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals wrangled a four-member plurality on a habeas corpus writ to overturn the trial court's recommendation and uphold a conviction in which law enforcement misrepresented the weight of drugs found on a defendant, calling it 26 kilos when the real amount of actual cocaine was likely less than a gram.

The reason for the discrepancy:

A police officer stole the drugs and replaced them with sheetrock powder laced with cocaine so it would trigger a field test.

While the defense stipulated Mr. Pena intended to transport cocaine, we don’t really know how much because

the cop stole it before they ever got to weigh it.

The case continues the CCA's longstanding penchant for finding excuses to compartmentalize severe police misconduct and uphold convictions in spite of it.

The trial judge recommended the defendant be granted relief, but four members of the high court found excuses to tolerate this sordid situation.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...sentence.shtml

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/Sessions' DoJ just like a tin-pot, 3rd world dictatorship against political opponents

the 'Evidence' They're Using to Prosecute Trump's Election Day Protesters

Several J20 protesters could be facing 60-year prison sentences.

Federal prosecutors targeting anti-Trump protesters are relying on video evidence from Project Veritas

The US attorney’s office submitted the footage in court on Tuesday as part of an ongoing trial against activists who protested Donald Trump’s inauguration and now face conspiracy and rioting charges that could lead to decades in prison.

Prosecutors played the video – which reportedly showed undercover footage from a meeting of activists

civil liberties groups, who have argued that the federal government under Trump is aggressively
    prosecuting activists who oppose the president.

The US attorney’s office has also
    submitted video from the Oath Keepers, a rightwing militia group that has been present at “alt-right” rallies.

“The government is untroubled by their collaboration with authoritarian rightwingers,”

“The fact that they have to fall back on using these far-right trolls,

which are widely discredited,

not only speaks to the illegitimacy of their case, but also

a fundamental relationship between the Trump administration and the alt-right,”

“They’re using whatever stuff they can drag up,”

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...day-protesters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI Racially Profiling “Black Iden y Extremists

In early August 2017, the counterterrorism division of the FBI released a report warning of the danger of “Black Iden y Extremists.”

Jana Winter and Sharon Weinberger reported for
    Foreign Policy that,

as “white supremacists prepared to descend on Charlottesville, Virginia, in August,

the FBI warned about a new movement that was violent, growing, and racially motivated.

Only it wasn’t white supremacists; it was ‘black iden y extremists.’”

categorized a range of activists, not by their common ideologies or goals, but by race.

Corporate media coverage has covered the FBI report on “black iden y extremists” in narrow ways.

http://projectcensored.org/fbi-racially-profiling-black-iden y-extremists/

and White (Male) Iden y Extremists?

nope, White Man gotta keep a close eye on the those crazy, pissed-off knitters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE Is Falsely Accusing Undo ented New Yorkers of Being Gang Members in a Plot to Deport Them En Masse

When the Trump administration can't find crimes to detain undo ented immigrants with, it invents them.

That's exactly what activists fear is occurring in Long Island, NY with Operation Matador,

under which Immigration and Customs Enforcement claims to have arrested nearly 350 people for being members of MS-13, or Mara Salvatrucha, a Salvadorean gang whose violence is spreading across America.

Advocates believe undo ented residents of Suffolk and Nassau counties are being erroneously arrested for being gang members so they can then be deported.

https://www.alternet.org/activism/pr...t-undo ented

btw, in the 80s, St Ronnie the Diseased "meddled" in San Salvador's civil war on the side of the fascists. The breakdown of San Salvador, won by the fascists, helped give rise to the MS-13 who had learned how to murder, terrorize, extort, control the population and drugs, human trafficking, etc with assistance from USA. Had St Ronnie not intervened and the socialists had overthrown the military coup, would MS-13 been formed?

Maybe MS13 is blowback for USA ing around in other countries, just like WTC was blowback for USA occupying Saudi Arabia.

https://projects.newsday.com/long-island/ms-13-long-island-know-gang/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WATCH: Graphic body cam footage of sheriff’s department siccing an attack dog on an inmate

“We do what we can to minimize the length and intensity of these confrontations to protect the staff AND the inmates from severe injury.”

“Incident reports indicate Christopher Bartlett, an inmate who had been combative with deputies and may have a history of mental illness, needed to be moved to a different pod in the jail,” the Columbia County Spotlight reported.

“ erson says the August incident with Bartlett, who resisted and was do ented to be combative, was reviewed and deemed a justifiable use of force.

In fact, erson says, it went exactly as it should have, iow, mentally ill patient with his forearm chewed to

with Lars seizing the inmate, and the inmate being removed ‘without serious injury.'”

The video shows the K9 leaping to bite the inmate’s arm, pulling him to the ground. The dog can be seen shaking its head back and forth while clenching the man’s arm. Approximately 20 seconds pass before the dog releases its grip on the inmate.

The video then shows the handler heaping praise on the dog for attacking the inmate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7om7vlb78

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/graphic-body-cam-footage-of-sheriffs-department-siccing-an-attack-dog-on-an-inmate/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Humans are just so much dog food to the warrior cops

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-05-2017 at 05:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trumped-up charges: Feds try to criminalize Inauguration Day protest

federal prosecutors in Washington have been hard at work trying to convict six people who were present during a demonstration against the inauguration of President Donald Trump.

prosecutors are trying to redefine the rules governing public demonstrations.

Federal authorities have admitted they have no actual evidence that the defendants on trial committed acts of vandalism,

but want to convict them of serious crimes anyway.

“I’ll be very clear. We don’t believe any of the defendants personally engaged in property destruction,”

U.S. Attorney Jennifer Kerkhoff admitted in her opening statement in mid-November.

Prosecutors have also utilized footage from other far-right figures and organizations, including Project Veritas, the activist group founded by James O’Keefe.

the Project Veritas video by pointing to indications that it had been altered.

“It’s indefensible for the Trump administration to spend millions of dollars to try nearly 200 people on several felonies for property damage.”

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/13/trumped-up-charges-feds-try-to-criminalize-inauguration-day-protest/

Criminalization of Cons utionally protected Freedom of Assembly by the militarized, out-of-control police state.

If the "we have no evidence" prosecution fails, will the defendants still be stuck wit $10Ks of legal bills?

Sort of SLAPP action by Sessions/Trash?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan police open investigation after child detained

A Michigan police department has opened an internal investigation after officers held an 11-year-old girl at gunpoint, handcuffed her and put her in the back of a cruiser.

The girl's mother said officers ordered her daughter to come down from the porch with her hands up.

"The whole time they are telling her to come down, I'm telling them, 'She's 11 years old. That's my daughter. Don't cuff her,'" Whitney Hodges said.

Grand Rapids Police Chief David Rahinsky said Tuesday that his officers should have exercised discretion,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...ned/ar-BBGEMPz

"should have exercised discretion" Salutary discretion for not shooting the 11-year-old BLACK girl on sight. Hats off to those officers.

"I Feared For My Life"

Thread Information