buhbye Bonner. PLEASE! CubanMustGo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...S03/307110075/

Mr. Big Shot is returning to the Palace.

Chauncey Billups and the Detroit Pistons agreed to a two-year contract this morning, team president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said in an e-mail.
    Two people with knowledge of the situation say the agreement is worth $5 million and the second season is a team option.

A return to the Pistons appeared unlikely after the hero of the 2004 NBA Finals was traded to the Denver Nuggets for Allen Iverson in November 2008.

Billups admitted that the trade bothered him. But he said last December, while a member of the Los Angeles Clippers, that he had mended fences with Dumars. He told the Free Press: “I will just say this, first and foremost: No matter what happens, I’m a lifetime Piston. I always feel like I’m a lifetime Piston. As you know, I would have loved to retire a Piston when I was here, but that really wasn’t in the cards. You never say never to any situation. I got nothing but great memories about here and winning, and this building was on fire. I would like for my memories to stay like that.”

Billups, who will turn 37 in September, is 16 months removed from rupturing his left Achilles tendon and is coming off an injury-marred season for the Clippers in which he averaged 8.4 points and 2.2 assists in 22 games.

Billups will be called on to mentor third-year Pistons point guard Brandon Knight. His signing gives the Pistons a 17th player under their control. They can only keep 15 on the roster. A decision on second-year guard Kim English is expected Friday. Second-round draft pick Peyton Siva also could be on the bubble.

Pistons center Andre Drummond this morning tweeted that he’ll give the No. 1 jersey, which he had been wearing, back to Billups.

Yahoo! Sports was first to report the news of Billups’ agreement this morning.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Figure with Arnie's help, he'll be available a little more than he was in LA.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I heard they are going to resign Isiah and Laimbeer as well......

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hellloo...

Thread Information