Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Unofficially, the Houston Rockets’ tricky situation is now the Philadelphia 76ers’ tricky situation. The trade hasn’t gone through yet, but soon enough forward Royce White will become a Sixer at some point this month in a cost-cutting move meant to shed enough salary to sign Dwight Howardoutright. The former Iowa State standout did not appear in any games for the Rockets during his rookie year, clashing with management over their perceived lack of compassion toward White’s anxiety disorder. White’s condition manifests itself in a fear of flying, and leaves him ill at ease in front of large groups of people.
    The Rockets provided White with a bus last season and allowed him to travel via highway to 15 D-League appearances, but the two sides could never get to an agreement on how to deal with a very necessary part of NBA life – taking the hundred or so flights needed to travel with the team. Now waiting for Philly’s call, White is putting his foot down when it comes to wheels lifting into the air. From Randy Peterson at USA Today:
    " no," the former Iowa State basketball star said after playing for the Walnut Creek YMCA Wednesday night in the YMCA Capital City League at Valley Southwoods Freshman High School.
    "One hundred flights would be like if you're allergic to peanut butter – it'd be like spreading your whole body with it."
    […]
    "Anything can happen between now and (the season)," White said. "It's every intention of mine to play.
    "I don't know what Philly's intentions are. I'm just going to go there, work hard and try to earn my place."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...195522553.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is he in the NBA? why did he enter the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing sedate the dude like a wild animal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is he in the NBA? why did he enter the draft?
    Yeah it's pretty y to go apply for a job where you're expected to travel a lot and say you won't get on a plane. Tough ties, not our fault you pussy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Treat him like BA Barracas tbh ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If one takes his analogy and words it differently, he could be asked: "Then wouldn't playing in the NBA be like working in a peanut factory?"

It goes without saying that if you are making millions of dollars a year, you must be willing to man up and do your job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If London ever gets a team, trade him there. I'd love to see the panic on that 's face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Treat him like BA Barracas tbh ...

I've really always wondered why he wouldn't be open to something like this.

People really need to just give up on this guy. He's not worth it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't blame him. The lawsuit payouts are always based on the agony (temporal count) from the moment of crisis to actual impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 76ers can hire a full time handler with a tranquilizer gun just for him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like you Tim Cuckkan Fans are ok with white boys asking for all kinds of and wanting special treatment but when a brutha needs it then you throw a hissy fit...obviously this guy has mental issues...else he wouldn't be acting this way...yall defend a guy that shoots up a movie theater full of people and want to let him off on the basis of insanity but can't even be compassionate enough to see Royce has real mental issues...no one would purposely want to forfeit millions of dollars unless they were REALLY CRAZY...obviously money means nothing to Royce...not a gotdam thang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the heck do you draft someone with an insane fear of.flying when there's a need to fly over 100 times a year in the NBA? And.a fear of crowds?! Dave Berry isn't this creative.

Has the person who drafted the guy in Houston been fired yet?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's how they did it with Mr. T on the A-Team.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anxiety Troopers

This dumb got just embraces it like he's got a missing leg and wants sympathy. Ever heard of cognitive behavioral therapy? If he really wanted to play in the NBA and make millions of dollars he'd take the steps needed to find coping mechanisms to help with his anxiety. But nope...all he wants to do is say you aren't being sensitive and expect everyone to accomdate him. Man up and work past your issues or go live on the street with a bunch of other en led heads that don't want to do anything but have others fix things for them.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im tired of this guy.
    There is no karma in the world.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Sounds like you Tim Cuckkan Fans are ok with white boys asking for all kinds of and wanting special treatment but when a brutha needs it then you throw a hissy fit...obviously this guy has mental issues...else he wouldn't be acting this way...yall defend a guy that shoots up a movie theater full of people and want to let him off on the basis of insanity but can't even be compassionate enough to see Royce has real mental issues...no one would purposely want to forfeit millions of dollars unless they were REALLY CRAZY...obviously money means nothing to Royce...not a gotdam thang
    yeah, but you're white

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anxiety Troopers

This dumb got just embraces it like he's got a missing leg and wants sympathy. Ever heard of cognitive behavioral therapy? If he really wanted to play in the NBA and make millions of dollars he'd take the steps needed to find coping mechanisms to help with his anxiety. But nope...all he wants to do is say you aren't being sensitive and expect everyone to accomdate him. Man up and work past your issues or go live on the street with a bunch of other en led heads that don't want to do anything but have others fix things for them.
    Agreed. If he spends more time trying to overcome his anxiety instead of posting on Twitter he might get more support. Now it just seems he wants to be accommodated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im tired of this guy.
    There is no karma in the world.
    don't worry. the ravages of old age will deal with him soon enough.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I also have kind of aerophobia and I've never stepped aboard a plane. I think that every time you take a flight you're putting your life in the pilot's hands. Even Rambo wouldn't be able to escape a diving plane tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I also have kind of aerophobia and I've never stepped aboard a plane. I think that every time you take a flight you're putting your life in the pilot's hands. Even Rambo wouldn't be able to escape a diving plane tbh
    You dallas dummie, even when you drive down the street you are putting your life in someone's hands ... What if a stranger crashes head on into you??

You just scared of dying which is normal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dallas dummie, even when you drive down the street you are putting your life in someone's hands ... What if a stranger crashes head on into you??

You just scared of dying which is normal
    His life is also in the hands of farmers, people who manufacture goods, the people who make sure the water is safe to drink, teens who make his fast food, etc. #BeWell

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    His life is also in the hands of farmers, people who manufacture goods, the people who make sure the water is safe to drink, teens who make his fast food, etc. #BeWell
    Quoted for truth. If its your time to go no matter where you are. that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, I often wonder about these athletes. What do they expect they join the NBA? Perhaps the ol' sport just wanted to make a name for himself........unfortunately he has just not in the way he wanted

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably saw "Snakes on a plane" as a kid.

Thread Information