Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually though isoball worked pretty well in game 5. I think we could have used it more in games 6 and 7. Don't forget Parker helped us take the 5pt lead late in game 6 when he got a rare chance to go against Chalmers. We should have used every opportunity to attack Chalmers, Miller, and Allen defensively. We didn't let the Heat pay enough for playing bad defenders.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think it's erroneous to cir scribe the analysis to just the Finals. That's not to say you don't take certain lessons from it, but IMO the Spurs feel pretty good about the formula that got them there, and personally that's the main reason why I expected them to be fairly conservative in the FA market. The Spurs already have talent to expand ISO situations (potentially Kawhi), but for the most part they still have a plethora of players that will live off ball movement (Tiago, Bonner, Diaw, Green, etc), so while I expect some mad scientist experiments from Pop as usual, I think the onus will be again on moving the ball and creating opportunities for everybody.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand what you're saying, but I think it's erroneous to cir scribe the analysis to just the Finals. That's not to say you don't take certain lessons from it, but IMO the Spurs feel pretty good about the formula that got them there, and personally that's the main reason why I expected them to be fairly conservative in the FA market. The Spurs already have talent to expand ISO situations (potentially Kawhi), but for the most part they still have a plethora of players that will live off ball movement (Tiago, Bonner, Diaw, Green, etc), so while I expect some mad scientist experiments from Pop as usual, I think the onus will be again on moving the ball and creating opportunities for everybody.
    Like you're saying you can keep the formula but you have to be able to make the ingame adjustments. You can't wait till you lose the game before you make the adjustments. It may be too late by then. Pop's in game adjustment ability hasn't been all that great. It seems he goes into every game with a set game plan and doesn't waver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah besides "moving the ball" only really works when everyone is playing off Parker like we saw so basically we're in an even more precarious situation with a one year older TP and a 39 years old as the second option...

The only improvement would be Pop realizing that Manu is not the third banana anymore and actually start running plays for Kawhi.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah besides "moving the ball" only really works when everyone is playing off Parker like we saw so basically we're in an even more precarious situation with a one year older TP and a 39 years old as the second option...

The only improvement would be Pop realizing that Manu is not the third banana anymore and actually start running plays for Kawhi.
    Will Pop trust Kawhi more than Manu considering how stubborn Pop can be? Let's hope so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop trust Kawhi more than Manu considering how stubborn Pop can be? Let's hope so.
    I'm extremely skeptical about that as well, but if they don't Kawhi is leaving as soon as he can and Pop and Manu will have destroyed the Spurs for the next 10 years as well as being the primary culprits of two epic chokes.

Thread Information