Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    declining team, tbh..

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I honestly do believe they're likely to miss the playoffs next season. But Glenn Dorsey doesn't move the needle at all, in my opinion.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    They're not missing the playoffs. Declining, yes--but still good enough for 10-11 wins

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    They're not missing the playoffs. Declining, yes--but still good enough for 10-11 wins
    The NFC looks strong this year with Atlanta coming back and no one else getting significantly weaker. Ten wins may not be enough for a wildcard.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Who says Atlanta's coming back? Probably a 9-10 win team, but not at the 11-13 win clip they were accustomed to beforehand. The Panthers will likely fall off hard (I got $500 that says they miss the postseason), the Rams and Bears might be better than expected--but you can't say either of those teams are better than the Niners with a straight face.

Locks for the postseason in the NFC (besides SF) as of now:

Seahawks
    Saints
    Packers

Nobody in the NFC East is worth a , so they're definitely not sending more than one team to the playoffs. The North has GB, then a bunch of perennial underachievers. The West is still a 2-team race till proven otherwise. Arizona was a nice lil story last year, but good luck posting B2B 10-win seasons with Carson Palmer slinging the rock. The South is the most intriguing, but 3/4 of those teams are not better than this beat-up, incarcerated Niners team (only the Saints).

Niners are getting in. Panthers and Cards will struggle mightily, Lions will choke, and who knows what we'll get from Chicago.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I agree with a ton of DD's post except I like zona this year. Much improved offensive line, it's what had been holdin them back for years

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I agree with DD overall. Niners should easily make the playoffs along with the Seahawks and Saints. Packers probably too, but their defense still sucks and are basically fully-dependent on Rodgers.

Panthers and Falcons won't be that great. As a Saints fan, the Buccaneers worry me more than those two teams. I could see the South only getting one team.

East sucks overall, so that division is only getting one team.

The North could be interesting with the Bears, but they're a 10-win team at best unless the defense makes improvements. Same with the Lions who aren't quite as good as the Bears.

The West is really interesting with the Cards and Rams. I don't like Bradford and I think the Cars defense won't be quite as good as last season, but the offense could improve. Still, Palmer could fall apart this season so they're not a shoe-in for the playoffs either.

So right now I only see the Seahawks, Saints, Niners, and Packers as long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners are still a top 3 team in the nfl.. But the nfc is gonna be tough this year. Niners seahawks packers saints are all contenders IMO.. And Cardinals/panthers/eagles are good teams. Niners could be anywhere from 1-6 seed.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Panthers declining yet the "favorite" has a leader that's older than dirt, and noticeably declined last year.. especially when it all mattered.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Panthers and Falcons won't be that great. As a Saints fan, the Buccaneers worry me more than those two teams. I could see the South only getting one team.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Panthers declining yet the "favorite" has a leader that's older than dirt, and noticeably declined last year.. especially when it all mattered.
    Frizzle trying desperately to hype up his Panthers despite having at QB and possibly the worst offseason in the league
    Speaking of "when it all mattered," has STILL never won a playoff game

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Frizzle trying desperately to hype up his Panthers despite having at QB and possibly the worst offseason in the league
    Speaking of "when it all mattered," has STILL never won a playoff game
    NFC South champs baby.. that's all I hear from you

Post Count
    NFC South champs baby.. that's all I hear from you
    ZERO playoff wins for Newton
    Lost your entire secondary and WR core in free agency and your Pro Bowl LT to retirement

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    ZERO playoff wins for Newton
    Lost your entire secondary and WR core in free agency and your Pro Bowl LT to retirement
    You mean the core that finished 30th last year in receiving yards? Bummer at least we got our top option back and the best front 7 in the NFL

Post Count
    You mean the core that finished 30th last year in receiving yards? Bummer
    And you still got worse at WR.....

Relying on Avant, Cotchery (two old-ass #3 WR's) and a huge question mark in Kelvin Benjamin

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    And you still got worse at WR.....

Relying on Avant, Cotchery (two old-ass #3 WR's) and a huge question mark in Kelvin Benjamin
    We aren't relying on anything.. We haven't had to rely on anything to win.. except Cam and our D. We need big receivers that specialize in catching. Avant and Cotch never dropped passes like Lafell and Stone Ginn. Plus we have Olsen.

Post Count
    We aren't relying on anything.. We haven't had to rely on anything to win.. except Cam and our D.
    has delivered ZERO playoff wins and a barely over .500 overall record in three years despite your reliance on him, and your defense lost Munnerlyn, Mitc , Florence, and Mikell

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I have no idea what to expect from the Niners this year. Could be dominant like last year or they could miss the postseason entirely. I'll feel a lot better if Gore is still himself.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Seriously No Lyfe, your team has declined this offseason. O-line got worse, WRs didn't improve, secondary got worse. Basically you're depending on a front 7 and Cam to carry the team, especially when the division rival who was neck and neck with you improved all over the team. Brees is still a better QB than Cam overall and has way more weapons. The only real advantage the Panthers have over the Saints is at the LBer position.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Seriously No Lyfe, your team has declined this offseason. O-line got worse, WRs didn't improve, secondary got worse. Basically you're depending on a front 7 and Cam to carry the team, especially when the division rival who was neck and neck with you improved all over the team. Brees is still a better QB than Cam overall and has way more weapons. The only real advantage the Panthers have over the Saints is at the LBer position.
    How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts. Our receivers and DB's were last year. Not a big downgrade if at all.

Brees is old as dirt. He will flip the script sooner or later and I like our future in the hands of Cam. He took a big step forward last year.

And our D-Line absolutely s on yours. Don't forget, 6 of our starters last years were rookies on D.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    has delivered ZERO playoff wins and a barely over .500 overall record in three years despite your reliance on him, and your defense lost Munnerlyn, Mitc , Florence, and Mikell
    did you watch us play? Our DB's were asshole.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts.

Brees is old as dirt. He will flip the script sooner or later and I like our future in the hands of Cam. He took a big step forward last year.

And our D-Line absolutely s on yours. Don't forget, 6 of our starters last years were rookies on D.
    The D-line doesn't on ours. The Saints have 3 elite pass rushers and a big time run stuffing nose tackle. There's a reason the defense was top 5 last season and the d-line was a big reason why. The Panthers d-line isn't that much better. That's a stupid comment to make. The Saints secondary absolutely s on the Panthers secondary. No debate about that. The Saints had a ton of young guys on defense as well.

Brees isn't any older than Brady or Manning. He still threw for 5,000 yards last season and has an improved o-line and more weapons to throw to. Guarantee you that Brandin Cooks will have a much better rookie season than Kelvin Benjamin.

And the Panthers o-line did get worse. Two of your best lineman retired and not replaced with proven players.

Post Count
    How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts.
    You lost Jordan Gross who was graded at +33.5 by PFF, made the Pro Bowl, and was the biggest reason why the Panthers had solid O-line play last year.... as for WR, you can spin it all you'd like, but going from Smith/LaFell/Ginn to two ancient #3 WR's and a project is a pretty big downgrade - plus you were slurping the previous WR core all last year

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Guarantee you that Brandin Cooks will have a much better rookie season than Kelvin Benjamin.
    great assumption. A heavy pass team will have a receiver with superior statistics than a player with a heavy rushing offense. In terms of efficiency, I don't think so.

Don't look at yards with Brees.. his system will make sure his numbers are pretty. Look at advanced statistics. He started declining as the season went on. He's a great player.. he's no Tom or Peyton.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You lost Jordan Gross who was graded at +33.5 by PFF, made the Pro Bowl, and was the biggest reason why the Panthers had solid O-line play last year....
    solid line?

So how come our "solid line" (lmao) isn't based off our pro-bowl center? Does he not come into play when discussing our O-line? Remember when Jordan Gross came out as a rookie and went hard.. yep, you can find effective players anywhere... and Gettleman is the best at finding them

Thread Information