Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I seriously think we might have the best offense and defense in the league next year... I'm thinking we'll score about 28 PPG and allow less than 14 ...

We're building something special.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Houston gonna tap that ass on a Sunday night in October.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    You were stacked as last year and got raped in the SB.

Lol Bandwagoning got

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Nope. Sb losers curse.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Niners are the most complete team in the league, they have no weaknesses. Anyone not seeing that doesn't know the NFL.

They have a young mobile QB with big game experience.

They have the franchises all time leading rusher in Frank Gore. Two explosive backs in Hunter and James.

They have one of the premier tight ends in the league.

Manningham and Boldin is all we need, now add rookie Quinton Patton who will be getting everyones attention real quick. A stud.

No team in the league has a better combination of offensive/defensive lines and backers, the Niners number one in that category.

Rookie Eric Reid will be a star. In Donte Whitter, Carlos Rodgers and Terrell Brown....solid!

No team in the league matchs that.

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Niners are the most complete team in the league, they have no weaknesses. Anyone not seeing that doen't know the NFL.

They the franchises al l time leading rusher in Frank Gore. Two explosive backs in Hunter and James.

Manningham and Boldin is all they need, now add rookie Quinton Patton who will getting everyones attention real quick. A stud.

No team in the league has a better combination of offensive/defensive lines and backers, the Niners numbrer one in that category.

Rookie Eric Reid will be a star. In Donte Whitter, Carlos Rodgers and Terrell Brown....solid!

One Vernon Davis injury away from being completely one-dimensional on offense.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Toooooo Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    The Niners are the most complete team in the league, they have no weaknesses. Anyone not seeing that doesn't know the NFL.

They have the franchises all time leading rusher in Frank Gore. Two explosive backs in Hunter and James.

Manningham and Boldin is all we need, now add rookie Quinton Patton who will be getting everyones attention real quick. A stud.

No team in the league has a better combination of offensive/defensive lines and backers, the Niners number one in that category.

Superbowl losers curse, tbh.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    And at bragging about "big game experience" from a QB who LOST the Super Bowl. Kaepernick showed me he isn't good enough to lead a game winning drive with a championship on the line. I actually expect Kap to get hurt this season along with other key players from the 49ers. They are due to be hit with the injury bug. That usually comes along with the Superbowl losers curse.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Niners are the most complete team in the league, they have no weaknesses.
    You mean besides their glaring weakness at the most important position on the field (quarterback), where they have a gimmick one-trick-pony who will be shut down once opposing teams have all the tape on him? Or how about their overrated headcase of a coach who's too busy throwing childish tantrums when he's losing to make adjustments or help his team regain composure?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One Vernon Davis injury away from being completely one-dimensional on offense.
    Obviously you don't understand how the game is played.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And at bragging about "big game experience" from a QB who LOST the Super Bowl. Kaepernick showed me he isn't good enough to lead a game winning drive with a championship on the line. I actually expect Kap to get hurt this season along with other key players from the 49ers. They are due to be hit with the injury bug. That usually comes along with the Superbowl losers curse.
    How many QB's take a team to a SB their first year as a starter?

Give me that list.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You mean besides their glaring weakness at the most important position on the field (quarterback), where they have a gimmick one-trick-pony who will be shut down once opposing teams have all the tape on him? Or how about their overrated headcase of a coach who's too busy throwing childish tantrums when he's losing to make adjustments or help his team regain composure?
    Dude, stick to...you got..it's real obvious you don't know about football.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    How many QB's take a team to a SB their first year as a starter?

Give me that list.
    How many running QB's actually win the SB?

Give me that list.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many running QB's actually win the SB?

Give me that list.
    Stop it guy, you saw the game, you hold a receiver in the endzone..penalty.

To answer your question since you couldn't answer mine.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

You're seriously overrating rookies. Patton is a raw 4th rounder who I doubt will even see the field a whole lot as a rookie. Reid will be a good player, but he's certainly no Dashon Goldson yet. Rogers (not Rodgers) is reportedly on his way out of SF and Whitner, as you saw in the playoffs, is trash. Brown is a very good player though.

No team matches that? Let's take a look at Seattle:

Young mobile QB with big game experience? Russell Wilson had a great rookie year and down the stretch/playoffs had some of the best numbers in the league.

Marshawn Lynch >> any back the Niners can come up with.

SF has the better tight end obviously, but the receiving core overall is easily Seattle >>. Harvin, Tate, Rice, Miller, Baldwin is one of the better units in the NFC.

No doubt SF has the best LB's in the league, but even there Seattle has two very good players in Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright, and they'll have another very talented player out there once Bruce Irvin comes back. You could even say they have one weakness at DL after the loss of Clemons, but they went out and got Avril and Bennett...two established players.

Obviously secondary is no question. 3 legitimate ALL PRO's, and another corner who could be soon Brandon Browner. Not to mention they went out and got Antoine Winfield who may have had his best season in 2012, not allowing a TD.

Yeah..on paper Seattle is definitely the most talented team in the league.

Niners will be great this year.

Kaepernick a running QB. I guess you guys don't like 6'5 beasts with laser rocket arms?

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Not sold on either the 49ers or Seahawks. Seattle is still a bad road team and have a black QB. The 49ers have too many odds stacked against them: SB losers curse, due for injuries, a qb who will rely on jungle instincts at the end of the day, etc. Neither team will win the NFC this season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're seriously overrating rookies. Patton is a raw 4th rounder who I doubt will even see the field a whole lot as a rookie. Reid will be a good player, but he's certainly no Dashon Goldson yet. Rogers (not Rodgers) is reportedly on his way out of SF and Whitner, as you saw in the playoffs, is trash. Brown is a very good player though.

No team matches that? Let's take a look at Seattle:

Young mobile QB with big game experience? Russell Wilson had a great rookie year and down the stretch/playoffs had some of the best numbers in the league.

Marshawn Lynch >> any back the Niners can come up with.

SF has the better tight end obviously, but the receiving core overall is easily Seattle >>. Harvin, Tate, Rice, Miller, Baldwin is one of the better units in the NFC.

No doubt SF has the best LB's in the league, but even there Seattle has two very good players in Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright, and they'll have another very talented player out there once Bruce Irvin comes back. You could even say they have one weakness at DL after the loss of Clemons, but they went out and got Avril and Bennett...two established players.

Obviously secondary is no question. 3 legitimate ALL PRO's, and another corner who could be soon Brandon Browner. Not to mention they went out and got Antoine Winfield who may have had his best season in 2012, not allowing a TD.

Yeah..on paper Seattle is definitely the most talented team in the league.
    Niners have the better coach, not even debatable.

Got to go with RW at QB. But Kap can play.

Lynch is a stud but the Niners have more quality depth and Gore can play.

Davis is a receiver, there's Boldin, Ok Seahawks but it's close.

Niners have by far the better OL, it's the best in the league.

Niners have the better DL, the better backers..best in the league.

Seahawks have a great secondary.

The most important squad on any football team is that offensive line, it makes everything else go. If you cant sustain a drive here comes the D back on the field, that's how they wear down. Since the Niners do have a great OL, they get the nod over the Seahawks.

Anytime you have the advantage in both lines, that's huge. Every coach will tell you.....the big boys win the games.

Post Count
    Avante still living in the '60s per par

You clearly don't need strong O-lines anymore to get to the Super Bowl, just look at some of the scrubs who have started at left tackle in the past few SB's.... and Seattle has a D-line that is arguably just as good as the Niners'... and of course, the rest of the Seahawks' roster is better at all positions than the Niners' roster....

I'd take Kaepernick over Wilson all day what are you smoking Avante

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante still living in the '60s per par

You clearly don't need strong O-lines anymore to get to the Super Bowl, just look at some of the scrubs who have started at left tackle in the past few SB's.... and Seattle has a D-line that is arguably just as good as the Niners'... and of course, the rest of the Seahawks' roster is better at all positions than the Niners' roster....
    Never did yank your head out of your ass did you?

Do you know anything at all about the game of football? Do you ever talk to anyone involved with the game, have you ever? You build a team starting with your lines, dude this is grade school stuff.

no Seattle doesn't have a better roster, where do you come up with this silliness? Only a fool (which explains it) wouldn't see the depth advantage the Niners have.

Dude, learn the game, or go bother somebody more on your level, ok?

The Niners have the better big guys, big guys are the ones who win every football game .Elementary.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd take Kaepernick over Wilson all day what are you smoking Avante
    RW by far the better passer.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    They're almost as good as the Seahawks. Almost.

Post Count
    Never did yank your head out of your ass did you?

Do you know anything at all about the game of football? Do you ever talk to anyone involved with the game, have you ever? You build a team starting with your lines, dude this is grade school stuff.
    The last four Super Bowls alone prove that a strong O-line is overrated in today's game....

The Saints won with Jermaine Bushrod at LT, who was god-awful
    The Packers won with Chad Clifton at LT, a decent but aging veteran, and the 12th-ranked O-line according to PFF
    The Giants won with David Diehl - a natural guard - at LT, and the 31st-ranked O-line according to PFF
    The Ravens won with Bryant McKinnie (who was their backup during the regular season) starting at LT, and the 17th-ranked O-line according to PFF

The common denominator with those teams is that they had enough talent at the skill positions - especially quarterback - and defensively to make up for lesser talent in the O-line, especially protecting the so-called "blind side" (which is rapidly becoming a myth due to the combination of teams moving their best pass rushers to the right side and quarterbacks tending to evenly distribute the ball through all parts of the field)....

Meanwhile, having a great O-line doesn't necessarily correlate to winning: just ask the Browns, Lions, or Bills last year.... it seems to me that teams are better off investing in the skill positions and defense instead of wasting money trying to put together the best possible O-line, tbh....

no Seattle doesn't have a better roster, where do you come up with this silliness? Only a fool (which explains it) wouldn't see the depth advantage the Niners have.
    You yourself admitted that Seattle has the edge at QB, WR, and the secondary, and that Marshawn Lynch is a "stud".... it's also pretty obvious that the Seahawks have a great defensive line, although you're too much of a homer to admit that.... all in all, Seattle has the better rosterPERIOD

Thread Information