Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Granger only played a handful of games this passed season, what injury did he have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, not likely to happen. But just say we meet Miami again and according to Pop we're better off going small

Duncan
    Leonard
    Granger
    Green/Manu
    Tony

That would be pretty sweet lineup. Save Tiago for the likes of Memphis, Houston etc. We're not gonna get him anyway. Look what happened with the last overpayed SF we traded for who was supposed to help win us a ring

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could just be me, but expecting to win a ship every year could be setting the bar a tad high.
    Perhaps for a fan but for an organization that's there goal..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really understand what we have that would be a reasonable exchange for Granger that we should even be giving up. Duncan, Parker, and Leonard are obviously untouchables, and I guess they're probably listing Manu as untouchable still too. So that means we'd at least have to give up Green and probably at least one other decent player (Diaw possibly) and either De Colo or Joseph at minimum for Granger and a scrub.

I'm not sure that's worth it even though it's probably a "fair" trade if Granger's anywhere near what he used to be. I'd rather still have Green and Diaw than have Granger, as homerish as that may sound. I'm kinda happy with Green and Diaw tbh. What we actually needed was a free agent backup PG or SG/SF to take up some of the playmaking responsbility. Not to whiff on signing any of the many guys who were available then be considering a trade in which we'd have to give up some of that depth which greastly helped us nearly get a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and somehow manage to always be in contention.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps for a fan but for an organization that's there goal..
    Goals & expectations are 2 different things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way this can work salary-wise.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn.. here we go again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 teams are always in contention in the west but the Spurs haven't won anything since 2007.
    Not even remotely true. In any season, there might be two contenders in the East and two in the West. Making the playoffs does NOT make you a contender. Over the course of Tim's career, we've been ACTUAL contenders as much as anyone, including the Lakers, probably 13 years out of 16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the usual.... Bonner, Blair, De Colo and Mills. I'm surprised the Pacers haven't contacted the Spurs already. Who couldn't use a stretch four, an undersized Center with a heart of gold, a "mini" Manu, and a third string shooting guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 teams are always in contention in the west but the Spurs haven't won anything since 2007.
    Assuming this is an old post because the Spurs just won the West this year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance. Spurs cant take 14 mil, Spurs dont have anything to offer to Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola Trades to Indiana for Gerald Green and possibly a 1st rounder. Don't know how that effect a possible, hypothetical trade to Indiana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we would be able to nag him without a deal involving Danny green, tbh. A whole different combinations of garbage isn't gonna entice indie, even if it included a 1st rounder which I sure a lot of contenders will be willing to package with their junk as well.

Perhaps, oh Boylen boy could pick up the phone and try to entice them, but I doubt he was that clout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance. Spurs cant take 14 mil, Spurs dont have anything to offer to Indiana.
    If they got involved with another party with cap space...say Atlanta, which sounds about perfect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it could be work a 3 team trade involving Washington and Play Blair...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is WHEN we're the spurs interested. I have a feeling the article is basing its rumors on old info. I like the idea of Granger but Spurs would need to wait until he becomes UFA next summer. At this point Not sure what value the spurs would give Indiana, and 14m in salaries will be tough to come up with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair, de colo, bonner to Washington, ariza, Neal, two first round picks to Indiana, granger to spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please just come play for the spurs danny grainger we'd all freakin love you on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 questions. Did I just get sucked into another spurs rumor that won't happen and is this one going last 47 pages like the ak47 thread????
    Yes and Yes.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys I seriously doubt this happens. Just saying.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    2 questions. Did I just get sucked into another spurs rumor that won't happen and is this one going last 47 pages like the ak47 thread????
    1.) No, because this isn't a rumor. This article is an opinion piece that stated the Spurs needed to make a move and Granger might be available. The OP mistakenly took that as the Spurs were interested in Granger.

2.) No because this non-rumor has no legs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they got involved with another party with cap space...say Atlanta, which sounds about perfect
    Picks, Blair, Neal, Bonner, CoJo, Mills, DeColo. What an amazing package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs try to pay a guy more money than Tony Parker to play 10 mpg anyway?

Part of why the Spurs are gonna look good for the future is their salary flexibility.

Thread Information