My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This **** is going to drag this out as long as he can, exposing the joke that is the court system.
    Texas therefore auto death penalty? Nope, surprisingly it's far more difficult of a judgement then non military Texass civilian kourts.

Nidal Malik Hasan doesn't deny that he carried out the November 2009 attack at Fort Hood, Texas, which left 13 people dead and more than 30 others wounded. There are dozens of witnesses who saw it happen.

The trial's start has been delayed over and over, often due to requests from Hasan. Any of the hundreds of decisions large or small could be fair game on appeal. The entire record will be scrutinized by military appeals courts that have overturned most of the death sentences they've considered.

Hasan has twice dismissed his lawyers and now plans to represent himself at trial. He's suggested he wants to argue the killings were in "defense of others" — namely, members of the Taliban fighting Americans in Afghanistan. The trial judge, Col. Tara Osborn, has so far denied that strategy.

Hasan has grown a beard while in custody that he says expresses his Muslim faith, but violates military rules on decorum. After a military judge ordered him forcibly shaved, an appeals court stayed that order and took another judge off the case.
    http://news.yahoo.com/fort-hood-rari...161613257.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    firing squad. get it over with.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    THis all makes complete sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your tax dollars at work.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/us/isi...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Fort Hood shooter writes to ISIS leader, asks to become 'citizen' of Islamic State
    (CNN) -- The Army psychiatrist who killed 13 people at Fort Hood has written a letter to the leader of ISIS, asking to become a citizen of the Islamic State's caliphate, his attorney said Thursday.
    "The letter states that Nadal Hasan wants to become a citizen of the Islamic State caliphate," attorney John Galligan said. "He wrote it in the last few weeks."
    Jury recommends death for Nidal Hassan
    Details of the letter were first reported by Fox News on Thursday.
    Some of the worst mass shootings in U.S.
    Described as a two page letter, it was addressed to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the notorious leader of ISIS who declared himself the caliph -- the religious ruler -- over what he calls the Islamic State that he says stretches from western Syria to eastern Iraq.
    U.S. weighs drone strike on ISIS leader
    "I formally and humbly request to be made a citizen of the Islamic State," Hasan wrote in the letter, according to Fox News.
    "It would be an honor for any believers to be an obedient citizen soldier to a people and its leader who don't compromise the religion of All-Mighty Allah to get along with the disbelievers."
    Hasan is on the military's death row at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
    Hasan was sentenced to death by a military court for the November 5, 2009, rampage, which authorities said the American-born Muslim carried out because he did not want to deploy to Afghanistan to fight other Muslims.
    Hasan was an Army major when he carried out the rampage at a deployment center, targeting unarmed soldiers who were preparing to deploy to Afghanistan or just returning. Thirty-two people were also injured in the attack.
    His rampage was brought to an end when he was shot by two police officers. The shooting left him paralyzed.
    During his trial, he offered no defense. At one point, he told the judge there was "adequate provocation" for the attack because the soldiers were going to participate in "an illegal war" in Afghanistan.
    CNN's AnneClaire Stapleton contributed to this report.

Thread Information