Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dems have zero credibility too"

but they hold the senate and the WH. polls shows people hold the Repugs responsible for the Congressional constipation, and the polls will be worse if Cruz shuts down govt trying to stop ACA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 Outrageous and Downright Horrific Statements From the Right-Wing Fringe Just This Week

1. Justice Scalia wonders aloud if citizens should have rocket launchers.

2. Colorado legislator: Poverty higher among blacks because they eat too much chicken.

3. Fox guest says Oklahoma shooting was partly because shooters could have been aborted.

4. Bryan Fischer: Christians are the new blacks.

5. Alabama GOP candidate: “ sexuals should stop pretending like they’re married” and Republicans must sign a pledge to make them stop doing that.

6. Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO): Climate change is a conspiracy; only ‘radical environmentalists’ get grants.

7. Heritage Foundation’s Jim DeMint’s alternative to Obamacare: emergency rooms.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...eek?paging=off

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ‘Impeachment Store’ That Sells All Things Impeachment

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem..._store_wnd.php

aka, The N!gg@ Derangement Syndrome

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Whateves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve King: Unemployed people are like kids trying to eat without doing chores

“See what’s happening? A hundred million Americans aren’t contributing. And yet, we’re looking out across the border and saying, let’s bring in some more people that are uneducated, unskilled. And we’re going to put them into the unskilled workforce, and somehow we’re going to increase our economy.”

Near the end of his remarks, King recalled that he had been criticized by “one of those left-wing mainstream media outlets” for not correcting a cons uent who told him that President Barack Obama was a “Muslim and a Marxist.”

“I don’t know his religion, I don’t question that at all,” the congressman explained. “But my answer was, ‘Well, he’s at least a Marxist.’ And they didn’t criticize that part. They don’t want to go down that path.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/2...-doing-chores/

ing IOWA, what a bunch of dumb s and frauds, like Texas and Georgia, Confederate states, sending assholes like King, Gohmert, Cruz, Braun to Congress.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun Bill in Missouri Would Test Limits in Nullifying U.S. Law

the Republican-controlled Missouri legislature is expected to enact a statute next month nullifying all federal gun laws in the state and making it a crime for federal agents to enforce them here. A Missourian arrested under federal firearm statutes would even be able to sue the arresting officer.

The law amounts to the most far-reaching states’ rights endeavor in the country, the far edge of a growing movement known as “nullification” in which a state defies federal power.

Richard G. Callahan, the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri, is concerned. He cited a recent joint operation of federal, state and local law enforcement officials that led to 159 arrests and the seizing of 267 weapons, and noted that the measure “would have outlawed such operations, and would have made criminals out of the law enforcement officers.”

Adam Winkler, a professor of law at the University of California, Los Angeles, who follows nullification efforts nationally, said that nearly two dozen states had passed medical marijuana laws in defiance of federal restrictions. Richard Cauchi, who tracks such health legislation for the National Conference of State Legislatures, said: “Since January 2011, at least 23 states have considered bills seeking to nullify the health care law; as of mid-2013 only one state, North Dakota, had a signed law. Its language states, however, that the nullification provisions ‘likely are not authorized by the United States Cons ution.' ”

What distinguishes the Missouri gun measure from the marijuana initiatives is its attempt to actually block federal enforcement by setting criminal penalties for federal agents, and prohibiting state officials from cooperating with federal efforts. That crosses the cons utional line, said Robert A. Levy, chairman of the libertarian Cato Ins ute’s board of directors — a state cannot frustrate the federal government’s attempts to enforce its laws.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/29/us/missouri-gun-measure-pushes-nullification-boundary.html?from=homepage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 De able Right-Wing Statements From This Last Week Alone

1. Penn. Gov. Corbett: Gays are like children. Neither should be able to marry.

2. Joe Walsh gives absurdly racist "I have a dream” speech.

3. Laura Ingraham makes bizarre and vicious decision to feature sound of a gunshot during John Lewis’ speech.

4. Christian radio show hosts: Gays commit half of all murders.

5. Pat Robertson: Gays using 'special rings' to infect us with AIDS.

6. Liz Cheney makes Cheney look liberal by opposing her own sister’s right to marry.

7. Ted Cruz' father rants insanely about Obamacare.

8. Mitch McConnell woos women voters by touting legislation he never supported.
    http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...one?paging=off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Powerful Texas Republican Advocates For Seceding From The United States

Texas Railroad Commissioner Barry Smitherman, who is running to be the next state Attorney General, is preparing his state to secede from the United States and become an “independent nation.”

In an interview with WND, a right-wing birther hub, Smitherman argued that Texas not only has the capability to survive without the rest of the country, but is actively taking steps to prepare for that day. “Generally speaking, we have made great progress in becoming an independent nation,” he declared. “I think we want to continue down that path so that if the rest of the country falls apart, Texas can operate as a stand-alone en y.”

From the interview:

We are uniquely situated because we have energy resources, fossil and otherwise, and our own independent electrical grid. Generally speaking, we have made great progress in becoming an independent nation, an ‘island nation’ if you will, and I think we want to continue down that path so that if the rest of the country falls apart, Texas can operate as a stand-alone en y with energy, food, water and roads as if we were a closed-loop system.”

Smitherman said he feels Texas officials must do what they can to prepare the state.

“This was one of my goals at the Utility Commission and it is one my goals currently as chairman of the Railroad Commission.
    That’s why I stress so vehemently oil and gas production, permitting turnaround times, and everything that enables the industry to produce as much as it can, as quickly as it can,” he said.

Railroad Commissioner is not a ceremonial position in Texas. Smitherman is charge of regulating the state’s energy industry, including oil, gas, coal, and other minerals. (Fun fact: the Railroad Commission no longer regulates Texas’ railroads.) And the fact that Smitherman could soon be the state’s Attorney General, a springboard for the governorship, makes his secessionist tendencies all the more alarming.

Smitherman’s not the highest-profile Texas Republican to openly ponder secession. That honor goes to Gov. Rick Perry (R), who told reporters in 2009 that Texas may have to secede “if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...can-secession/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 Instances of All-Out, Mean-Spirited, Right-Wing Lunacy From This Week Alone

1. Texas GOP Candidate: Texas Can Be Its Own ‘Island Nation’

2. Fox Guest: No Money, No Lunch Is a Good Teaching Moment

3. Christian Radio Host: Military’s ‘ sexual Takeover’ Could Doom Attack on Syria

4. GOP Spokesman Calls McConnell Opponent an ‘Empty Dress’

5. Anonymous Portland bag Threatens to Out Food Stamp Recipients

6. Christian Radio Host to Flock: You Can Attend Gay Weddings if You Tell Grooms ‘They Shall Both Be Put to Death’

7. Glenn Beck: Can’t We All Just Get Along? And Progressives Should Be Hunted Like Nazis

http://www.alternet.org/7-instances-...t=3&paging=off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Ways Republicans Will Permanently Destroy The GOP Brand

Shutting Down The Government

Defaulting On Our Debt

Reaffirming Themselves As the Party Of The Rich

Denying Health Care To Millions

Punting On Immigration Reform

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-ways-r...the-gop-brand/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems/liberals should be the conscience of our nation. Churches, unions, universities, democratic party, activists. Remind mex BD...remind me how many professors havent sold out for six figure salaries....remind me how the unions are protecting the rights of the workforce, and not selling them out...remind me how churches are speaking out against immoral actions of the state...remind me how this administration has stood up for minorities and for peace.

Its not.repugs who failed the working class. Its liberals. And you can only point the finger at repugs. Remember, repugs never promised to do for the working class, but utilize them as tools. Its the dems thatsold out America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems/liberals should be the conscience of our nation. Churches, unions, universities, democratic party, activists. Remind mex BD...remind me how many professors havent sold out for six figure salaries....remind me how the unions are protecting the rights of the workforce, and not selling them out...remind me how churches are speaking out against immoral actions of the state...remind me how this administration has stood up for minorities and for peace.

Its not.repugs who failed the working class. Its liberals. And you can only point the finger at repugs. Remember, repugs never promised to do for the working class, but utilize them as tools. Its the dems thatsold out America.
    I've always said the Dems refused to go crazy on the Repugs, out-crazy them to stop them. Dems remained moderate, passive, while the Repugs went, and stay, totally aggresively nuts.

But in no way does do the Dems have primary responsibility, as you say, for the Reugs and conservatives ing up the un able USA.

So all this totally dishonest false equivalence of the Dems and Repug are the same, is pure bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Annual Republican Crisis

The fiscal year is about to end, so the annual awakening of Tea Party Republicans in the House and Senate is about to begin. Most of the time they sit around and do virtually nothing but gripe (they have made the current Congress the least productive ever), but a new fiscal year finally gives them a chance to govern the only way they know how: by creating a false crisis in order to tear down a piece of the government.

This year, as has been the case so often in the past, their target is President Obama’s health care reform law. If it is not repealed or defunded or delayed or otherwise left bleeding in the public square, they will not pass a spending bill needed to keep the government open past Sept. 30.

And if that doesn’t cripple the health law (which it won’t), they will resort to the far more serious threat of default, refusing to raise the nation’s debt ceiling, no matter the catastrophe that would cause.

It has been clear for months that House Republicans are not going to agree to the Senate’s reasonable spending plan for 2014, one that replaces the damage of the sequester with a mix of revenue increases and less-harmful cuts. The House budget, in fact, calls for cuts to below the sequester level. The best that can be hoped for is a stopgap measure, known as a continuing resolution, to keep the government running through mid-December at this year’s inadequate level.

But on Wednesday, with time running out, House leaders announced they couldn’t manage even something as simple as that. Speaker John Boehner and Eric Cantor, the majority leader, had come up with a far-fetched scheme to placate the radicals in their coalition by attaching a provision to the spending resolution that would force the Senate to vote on defunding health reform. The Senate would, of course, instantly reject the health care language, but it could then approve the spending measure to prevent a shutdown.

The Republican extremists killed the idea, leaving the scheme without enough votes. They are no longer interested in symbolic blows against the health law; there have already been scores of those votes. They actually think they can get the Senate, and ultimately the president, to approve the defunding of the health law — Mr. Obama’s most important achievement — by threatening to harm the nation and the economy.

This is pure delusion. Democrats are never going to undo the law, especially knowing the size of the self-inflicted wound Republicans would suffer if they really did force a shutdown or, far worse, a default. But the powerful forces on the right don’t care about reality. The Club for Growth, a conservative group, announced it would use its dreaded ratings system against any Republican who supported a continuing resolution that did not “defund Obamacare.”

According to the Senate Conservatives Fund, an activist group,

“House Republican leaders have chickened out and decided to fund a program that will destroy our country.”

The group, founded by former Senator Jim DeMint, promised to run primary challengers against those who don’t vote to destroy the law.

Mr. Boehner, too, bears responsibility for the chaos that engulfs him. On Thursday, he demanded health-law concessions from Democrats, even as he announced that “we’ll continue to do everything we can to repeal, dismantle and defund Obamacare.” This only raises expectations on the right that the impossible might be achieved, as Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, put it, “in an alternative universe.”

What the speaker should be doing is the only thing that will spare the economy this unnecessary trauma: putting a clean spending bill and debt-ceiling increase before the full House for a vote, making it clear that the shrill voices of extremists have been silenced.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/15...an-crisis.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 Totally Crazy Statements by Right-Wing Lunatics From This Week

1. Ted Cruz: We need 100 more like Jesse Helms in the Senate.

fun-filled, wacky things Helms said and did:

• He sang the confederate anthem “Dixie” in an elevator with Carol Moseley-Braun, the African-American senator from Illinois, and told Sen. Orrin Hatch in front of her that he was trying to make her cry.
    • He opposed integration, or “mixing of the races,” and called the University of North Carolina the “University of Negroes and Communists” because it was integrated.
    • He led a one-man, 16-day filibuster opposing the designation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day as a holiday, and threatened to lead one to save South African apartheid.
    • More comically, as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he seemed unable to absorb the fact that the North Korean president’s name was Kim Jong Il, not Kim Jong 2.
    • Unlike other like-minded Southern politicians Strom Thurmond and George Wallace, Helms never disavowed his racist, segregationist views even on his deathbed in 2008.

2. Glenn Beck: War is a progressive idea so I am now against it.

3. Alex Jones: Globalist cyborgs are coming.

4. Stuart Varney and Monica Crowley: EPA is trying to suffocate children.

5. Minnesota archbishop: Satan is behind gay marriage.

6. Texas GOP gov. candidate tweets that Wendy Davis is “too stupid to be governor.”

7. Internet advice from a nobody who wants to ruin perfect strangers’ lives: Dads, don’t educate your daughters!

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...t=3&paging=off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glenn Beck rails against ‘progressive’ washing machines at Lowe’s

Glenn Beck’s attack on all forms of what he deems “progressivism” expanded to the home-improvement front today, as he criticized General Electric’s new “progressive” dishwasher. (Raw Story couldn’t find any information about this new GE dishwasher, but a lack of evidence isn’t proof that it doesn’t exist.) According to Beck, the new GE dishwasher is just the latest in a long line of attempts to “embed” the word “progressive” into daily discourse.

His co-host reminded him that “‘progressive’ does mean other things other than ‘progressive,’” but Beck would have none of it.

“I was a Lowe’s,” he said, “looking for some new paint. And I find this paint — I’m not sure who the manufacturer is — but this paint, this ‘progressive’ paint, and one of the colors is ‘Woodrow Wilson white.’”

Beck is referring to a line of Valspar paints made in conjunction with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which does include colors from sites associated with Wilson.

It also includes “Mark Twain House Ombra Grey” and “Betsy Ross House Blue,” the latter of which, at least, shouldn’t be stained by progressive associations.

“There was also something else in the store that was ‘progressive,’” Beck continued. “See how they’re embedding the word everywhere, to remind you that ‘progressive’ is a good thing.” Raw Story notes, for the record, that the word “progressive” is nowhere included — much less “embedded” — in the Valspar line of National Trust paints.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/0...ve-conspiracy/

Beck morning screeds "carried by more than 400 stations"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...million-335650

bubbas, rednecks, kickers, cowboys, tea baggers, libertairans, all ignorant assholes, catch Beck in drive time, and Fox TV.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You do realize Beck's schtick is to troll people like you, right?

Dude's pretty much a self-parody, tbh....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize Beck's schtick is to troll people like you, right?

Dude's pretty much a self-parody, tbh....
    Beck ain't trolling The Great Boutons who is by definition untrollable.

400 stations carry BecKKK because they can sell ads aimed at the BecKKK paranoid, ignorant asshole listeners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 of the Most Appalling Statements From America's Right-Wing Madhouse This Week

1. On Fox TV, it is assumed that the Nicaraguan meteorologist knows all about tacos.
    It’s fairly obvious by now that Fox News is a place where being offensive and ignorant is not just permitted, but encouraged. For example: How much fun is it to make fun of someone’s ethnic heritage inaccurately? So much fun. In an exchange that is indistinguishable from schoolyard bullying and outright nincompoop-ism, Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on Friday said he assumed that the network’s Latina meteorologist “grew up on tacos,” because she is from a Spanish-speaking country, and of course, they are all the same.

Being the multi-ethnic bastion that it is, Fox & Friends featured a segment on making tacos to celebrate National Taco Day. Kilmeade turned to Fox News Weather team member Maria Molina, who was born in Nicaragua and grew up in South Florida and asked, “So what are the tips we need to know? You grew up on tacos, correct?”
    “No, I did not grow up on tacos!” Molina snapped. “I’m Nicaraguan. It’s not a native food.”
    Does she really think that these people are educable?

2. Poor Ted Cruz: first a Republican “lynch mob” is after him, and then Democrats hurt his feelings.

Some Republicans are very mad at Ted Cruz, whose antics against Obamacare spiraled into the impasse that became the government shutdown, which is beginning to play very badly for the GOP. So on Wednesday, a group of Senate Republicans, including Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, railed against Cruz at a private luncheon, according to theNew York Times. Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire and Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin were there as well, and some of these senators became very angry with Cruz’s intransigence, and lit into him. An unnamed senator described the scene thusly to the Times: "It just started a lynch mob."

Lynch mob is a term that is being tossed around rather cavalierly these days, if you ask us. But then a lot of racially loaded terms are flying during the Obama administration, and anyone who thinks that is an accident is a fool. (See next item.)

Poor Ted Cruz was feeling really picked on all week, and not just by his own party. Democrats, he said at week’s end, are portraying him as the “root of all evil in the world.” How could they, when really everyone knows that Obamacare, or affordable healthcare, is the root of all evil in the world?

3. Rep. William O’Brien, (R-NH): “Obamacare is as bad as Fugitive Slave Act.”

Obamacare, in the conservative echo-sphere, is the worst thing ever to befall mankind, and that is why they must at any cost prevent it from happening, no matter how futile, ridiculous or damaging their actions may be. Rep. William O’Brien joined the anti-Obamacare hysteria this week with his racially tinged analogy comparing Obamacare to the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, which made it against the law not to return runaway slaves to their owners. Hmmm, wonder why something slavery-related popped into his head to describe the signature legislation of the first black president.

Here’s how he justified his offensive comparison to the Manchester Union Leader: “Just as the Fugitive Slave Act was an overreach by the federal government, so too we understand that Obamacare is an assault on the rights of individuals.”

Oh, so nothing racial about it at all.

4. Rep. Todd Rokita, (R-IN): Obamacare is the worst law known to man, pretty lady.

Crazed Republicans are really enjoying the attention they are getting what with the shutdown, and how they are saving the world from the abomination of Obamacare. Rep. Todd Nokita took full advantage of his moments in the sun this week, first when he said: "We just want to help the American people to get through one of the most insidious laws created by man, that is Obamacare."

Please save us, Republican heroes.

Still enjoying the spotlight, Rokita mixed it up with CNN’s Carol Costello later in the week, again defending the shutdown as a small price to pay for saving America from the horror of affordable healthcare. Finally, he gave up on trying to explain this all to Costello, saying, “Carol, you’re beautiful, but you have to be honest as well.”

Mmmm, sexism. That’s hot.

5. Not to be outdone: Bill O’Reilly finally weighs in on Obamacare

It did not seem possible, but Fox News host Bill O’Reilly took fear-mongering to a new level on Thursday when he told viewers to think of President Obama’s healthcare law as a “vicious motorcycle gang” coming for their daughters.

Yeah, that’s right.

“It’s like this,” O’Reilly said. “Your teenager comes to you, saying she wants to attend a dance. You have some misgivings, but you say okay because she’s so passionate about the issue. Then you learn a vicious motorcycle gang may well show up at the dance, so you change your mind based upon best available evidence. And you protect your daughter from possible danger. Obamacare is like that.”

See?

6. Rafael Cruz (Yep, Ted’s Dad): Obama’s on the side of the Muslims.

Ted Cruz is not the only member of his family with political aspirations and a talent for crazy talk. Speaking at a GOP rally in Adams County, CO, Ted’s dad, right-wing pastor Rafael Cruz said: “So Barack Obama said: 'If the winds shift, I will side with the Muslims.' McCain couldn’t say that, because it's not politically correct. It is time to stop being politically correct!”

What he really meant is it’s time to stop being correct at all, or to have your words reflect any sort of reality. That’s what time it is, America.

Then he made some more stuff up:55 million babies have been murdered by abortion since 1973. At the other end, Obamacare, with denying care to the elderly, with care being rationed, with care being postponed for 12 to 18 months, with care being controlled by a group of bureaucrats, that on the basis of cost/benefit, will decide whether you get a medical procedure or not, they’re destroying our end of life. As a matter of fact, one of the things in Obamacare is that the elderly, every five years you must have end-of-life counseling. Translation: suicide counseling!”

Translation: Run, run ye Christians away from this terrible Muslim-imposed healthcare law.

7. Rick Joyner, Christian TV host: Time for God to impose martial law to save us from Obama’s tyranny.

There is only one way out of this pickle, the one imposed by the tyrannical Muslim-in-chief Obama. On his Monday Internet broadcast, Morning Star TV’s Rick Joyner predicted that democracy was “doomed,” doomed I tell you, unless the Lord imposed martial law.

Poor guy worked himself into quite a lather. “We’re headed for serious tyranny, a terrible tyranny right now. But guess what? The kingdom is coming, the Kingdom of God is coming.” And some more stuff, blah blah blah. Then: “That’s why I appeal to the Lord: Don’t let us be totally destroyed, please raise up those who will save us. And as I’ve been telling friends for a long time, no election is going to get the right person in there because the system is so broken.”

Therefore, God must stage a coup. That’s what needs to happen right now.

8. Pat Robertson to elderly woman viewer: It’s your fault your husband’s health his suffering.

Always willing to comfort his flock, Pat Robertson used his “700 Club” pulpit recently to set a woman straight about priorities. Retired and living on a small pension and Social Security pension, the woman had to make the difficult decision of whether to give money to her church or pay her husband’s medical expenses.

This whole situation is all her fault, Robertson told her. Her husband is sick precisely because, despite her lifetime of hing to the church, her contribution has been inadequate.

“Your husband has all these medical problems because the ‘devour’ has not been rebuked,”
    Robertson explained. “You need to rebuke him. You give your hes faithfully and God said, ‘I will rebuke the devour,’ the person that is eating up your money and eating up your health. So you want to be healthy? That’s a promise in the word.”

Comforting words.
    ( iow: Send Robertson More Money! )

9. PA officials continue their rich history of offensive same-sex marriage analogies: This week, it’s pets and incest.

Back in August, lawyers for the state of Pennsylvania arguing against a clerk who was issuing same-sex marriage licenses suggested same-sex couples were like 12-year-old children. Governor Tom Corbett, on whose behalf the lawyers were arguing, tried to distance himself from those remarks in the ensuing kerfuffle. This week, on Wednesday, a like-minded county commissioner by the name of Tom Creighton who’s fighting tooth and nail against giving benefits to same-sex couples said: “I don’t feel the county should be looking for new ways to give away taxpayer money. Next it could be giving money out to people’s pets or whatever.”

On Friday, during an interview, Gov. Corbett opened his mouth and stuck his foot deep inside it, saying that while his lawyers’ (for whom taxpayers are paying $400 an hour) comparison of same-sex couples as children was inept, “I think a much better analogy would have been brother and sister, don’t you?” he said.

His interviewer declined to offer her assent, saying she’d leave the comments to “his team.”

By afternoon, Corbett was backpedaling and offering his version of an apology. It turns out he didn’t want to offend anyone, and if he did, he was sorry. He just wanted to give examples of categories of people who are ineligible for marriage.

Oh, okay. That makes it much better.

10. Hatefulness prize-winner of the week: Fox News’ Stuart Varney.

Fox News has been having a rollicking good time with the government shutdown. They think it’s the most wonderful thing. But it’s also the Democrats' fault. Go figure. The first day of the shutdown, Hannity and friends marveled at how they were not feeling the effects of the shutdown at all. What was the big deal, anyway? Fox Business’ Todd Starnes chortled: “If you believe the Democrats, it’s time to go out and buy the potted meat and Tang and get in your survival bunker.”

Ha ha ha ha. Aren’t people who barely have enough money to eat so funny? And so fun to make fun of?

Later in the week, Varney was not in so good of a mood. He was very, very angry, and not chortling anymore. He was angry at the more than 800,000 furloughed federal employees for having the audacity to want their back pay, so angry that he wants to “punish those people.”

“No, I don’t think they should get their back pay, frankly,” he said. “I really don’t. I’m sick and tired of a massive, bloated federal bureaucracy living on our backs, and taking money out of us, a lot more money than most of us earn in the private sector, then getting a furlough, and then getting their money back at the end of it. Sorry, I’m not for that. I want to punish these people. Sorry to say that, but that’s what I want to do.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...age=1#bookmark

Repugs! Libertarians! "Christians"! Fox and right-wing hate media! Tea Baggers! What a bunch of FLAMING ASSHOLES, moving America forward!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Repug nutcase takes in the nuts

Supreme Court Smacks Down Ken Cuccinelli’s Sodomy Law Appeal

The U.S. Supreme Court announced Monday that it would not hear Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II’s (R) appeal of a lower court ruling that held that the state’s sodomy ban is wholly uncons utional. Cuccinelli had made his defense of the law an issue in his campaign for governor.

Virginia’s archaic Crimes Against Nature law made oral and anal sex a felony — even between consenting adults in the privacy of their bedroom. In 2003, the Supreme Court held in Lawrence v. Texas that sodomy bans like Virginia’s violated the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.

In 2004, a bipartisan group in the Virginia General Assembly proposed updating the law to comply with the Supreme Court’s ruling, by eliminating provisions dealing with consenting adults in private and leaving in place provisions relating to pros ution, public sex, and those other than consenting adults. Cuccinelli, then a state senator, opposed the bill in committee and helped kill it on the Senate floor. In 2009, he told a newspaper that he supported keeping restrictions on the sexual behavior of consenting adults: “My view is that sexual acts, not sexuality, but sexual acts are wrong. They’re intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law based country it’s appropriate to have policies that reflect that. … They don’t comport with natural law.” As a result, the law’s text remained unchanged a decade after the Supreme Court’s ruling.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/1...me-court-loss/

Typical Repugs, loving bedroom regulations as much as they hate EPA/OSHA/FDA/etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World Net Daily: Obamacare will lead to genocide, just like Hitlercare

You know who else established a universal health care system in his country? Hitler, that’s who.

As the Affordable Care Act goes into effect this month in the U.S., World Net Daily columnist Ellis Washington points out the similarities he sees between the law, commonly referred to as Obamacare, and the health care system established in Germany.

“Years before the Jews were sent to the death camps en masse, the initial mass murders of the Holocaust were performed in sanitized German hospitals and the clinical procedures for socialized governmental mass execution were created and developed there under the Nazis Aktion T4 Program,” Washington warns in a column published Friday.

“Handicapped, re ed and mentally ill persons were killed by the hundreds of thousands within Hitler’s universal health-care system, including some of Hitler’s own relatives,” Washington says. “This genocide was conducted not out of evil intent but born out of medical necessity. Hitler, in his official directives, allowing medical killing, called them ‘mercy killing’ and ‘lives not worth living.’”

Washington says universal health care inevitably leads to genocide and mass killings, just as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin warned during her failed vice presidential bid in 2008.

“Like Hitlercare, Obamacare will inevitably lead to health-care rationing, death panels, millions of uninsured and, eventually, the systematic genocide of the weak, minorities, enfeebled, the elderly and political enemies of the God-state,” Washington writes.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/0...ke-hitlercare/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rabid monkey boutons still hurling feces, hoping something will stick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    amazing comeback, always informative. You anencephalics bode well for the Repug party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is This the Dumbest Thing a Republican Has Said During the Shutdown Mess?

Florida tea party Rep. Ted Yoho has a novel theory of what failing to raise the debt limit, forcing the United States into default, would accomplish. Where economists are in agreement that it would be catastrophic, according to Yoho:

"I think, personally, it would bring stability to the world markets," since they would be assured that the United States had moved decisively to curb its debt.

http://www.alternet.org/dumbest-thin...tter906618&t=7

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Put down the koolaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he is truthful which is more than we can say about you.

Thread Information