Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bachmann: 'End Times' Are Coming Because Obama Is Supporting Al-Qaeda

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bachmann-end-times-are-coming-because-obama-is-supporting-al-qaeda

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Ben Carson (black) Calls Obamacare ‘Worst Thing Since Slavery’ at Values Voter Summit

"his name was being thrown around by some as a possible Republican presidential candidate for 2016
    "

Repug/tea bagger reachout!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dr-ben-ca...-voter-summit/

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol dumb women, dumb blacks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supply-Side Jesus and the Death of Shame

The single greatest political strength of the modern Republican Party is their utter and complete lack of shame. They will say anything - literally anything, no matter how delusional or self-contradictory - if it gets them what they want, or at least deranges the political debate in America enough to keep the other side from getting what it wants.

Case in point: on Tuesday afternoon, following President Obama's press conference regarding the shutdown, House Speaker John Boehner called a presser of his own to push the GOP's galactically shameless dialogue pivot about how the shutdown never had anything to do with defunding the Affordable Care Act, but has actually been about the debt and the deficit and the future of our children and stuff.

No, really, he said that, after Ted Cruz did that silly non-filibuster with the expressed purpose of defunding the law, and the first bunch of House-crafted versions of the CR sent to the Senate carried a rider defunding the law, and one could not swing one's dead cat by the tail in the first five days of the shutdown without striking a Tea Party lawmaker holding forth on the need to defund the law. , a pack of these right-wing flatulators have been planning to use a government shutdown to wreck the Affordable Care Act since the day Mr. Obama was re-elected, and now, everyone knows it.

But no, said Boehner, it's not at all about Obamacare, and never was, because they will say anything, literally anything, if they think it is to their advantage.

Mr. Ryan unctuously offered up the "Grand Bargain" once again - Chained CPI, means testing for Medicare, tax cuts for rich people and corporations, lather, rinse, repeat - as a means to end the impasse in Washington.

Conservatives all over the North American continent rose up in high dudgeon to denounce Mr. Ryan and his plan because it failed to include the defunding of the Affordable Care Act, because it's all about defunding Obamacare, except it's not, even though it is, but let's say it's not, because that polls better.

Their greatest strength, for years and years, has been their utter lack of shame. Their ability to say or do anything, and hypocrisy take the hindmost, has vaulted them into the position they hold today in American politics.

The Republican Party, as every living creature on the planet from you and me and him and her all the way down to the amoeba in the mud puddle knows full well, has stapled itself to the idea of supporting the military.

Yet the veterans are still getting screwed, the dead soldiers are getting doubly screwed, and all by the same pack of brazen liars who trumpet their love of the military after pouring body after body after body into the meat grinders of Iraq and Afghanistan. The amoeba in the mud puddle knows those were Republican wars, the soldiers and veterans know it for damn sure, and the American people know it, too...and now that this glad-handing pack of conservative hucksters with flags on their lapels and "Support The Troops" on their lips have gutted the basic services provided to those troops and veterans,

No "Grand Bargain," no deals of any kind. Pass a clean CR, raise the debt ceiling, period, end of file. Nothing, but nothing, is more important than standing firm on this, because hostage politics must end.

In the meantime, let their lack of shame do its brutal, corrosive work on the hull of the death ship that is the Republican Party. They are taking on water and listing badly. Let them sink, and let us finally bury Supply-Side Jesus and all his adherents under fathomless fathoms of cold, dark water.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...death-of-shame

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably 99% of these assholes, mostly in red states, red districts, in Confederate states, vote Repug

32% of Americans Think the Syrian Crisis is Part of ‘End Times’

The controversy involving Syria has 32% of Americans thinking that it’s all part of the “end times” as told in the Bible.

More specifically, 26% of Americans think that the Syrian conflict is foreshadowing Armageddon.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...-of-end-times/

http://www.lifewayresearch.com/2013/...-to-end-times/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why do libs label states from the South as Confederate States? The hypocrisy is hilarious. Liberals get pissy when southerners have the confederate flag and say that said southerners are stuck in the Civil War yet those same liberals still call the South "Confederate States". So sad. The South has more diversity than the North yet no one ever wants to admit it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do libs label states from the South as Confederate States? The hypocrisy is hilarious. Liberals get pissy when southerners have the confederate flag and say that said southerners are stuck in the Civil War yet those same liberals still call the South "Confederate States". So sad. The South has more diversity than the North yet no one ever wants to admit it.
    because they ARE Confederate states, the racist base of the Repug party, exploited by Nixon to convert Dixicrats to the Repug party after the Dems' progressive gains for blacks (VRA) of the 60s.

They, plus the rural western states, are the core of tea bagger "hate/destroy govt" faction, going back the Union "govt" winning the Civil War and destroying the Confederate slavery-based way of life.

"The South has more diversity than the North"

you mean more illegal immigrants being exploited by Confederate agriculture?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The radicalization of the Republican Party is the most important political story today

Rep. Peter King (R-NY) once claimed that “80 to 85 percent of mosques in this country are controlled by Islamic fundamentalists” and called those who worship in them “an enemy living amongst us.” He held McCarthyesque hearings into the supposed “radicalization of American Muslims,” parading a line of prominent bigots through the House Homeland Security Committee.

In the past few weeks, dozens of political journalists have dubbed him a moderate. In fact, he’s been anointed a leader among the Republican moderates. He earned that label because, like other New York pols, he doesn’t blindly support the National Rifle Association, and because he opposes shutting down the government and threatening to unleash a potential economic catastrophe in a hopeless quest to defund Obamacare. That’s it. That’s how low the bar of moderation in the Republican Party now falls.

the most important political story of our time – one necessary to understanding the last five years of so-called “gridlock” in Washington, DC – is one that journalists wedded to the idea that ‘both sides do it’ are uncomfortable reporting: the wildly asymmetric polarization of our two major political parties

the radicalization of the Republican Party since the 1980s. That shift isn’t merely a matter of opinion. Political scientists Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal developed a statistical measure of lawmakers’ voting records that allows scholars to study the dynamics in Congress empirically. The system, known as DW-NOMINATE, ranks legislators according to how far they veer from the midline of congressional votes.

Yale political scientist Jacob Hacker used this data for his 2006 book, Off Center, in which he noted that since 1975, Senate Republicans have moved twice as far to the right as their Democratic counterparts have moved to the left. Of course, this shutdown is being driven by the Republican-controlled House, and in the lower chamber Hacker found that Republicans had shifted six times further to the right than their Democratic counterparts went to the left.

the key aspect of this story is that the Republican Party veered toward the extreme of its ideological orientation just as the country was becoming more diverse and tolerant – and as the most progressive generation in 70 years was coming of age – and that dissonance has driven them to cast off the legislative norms that have traditionally made our divided government work.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/1...l-story-today/

"
    since 1975, Senate Republicans have moved twice as far to the right "

What a coincidence! The VRWC got going in the early 1970s. Conservatives were really pissed about how the country ganged up on criminal Nixon and sent dozens of his admin's lawyers to jail. They also reacted to the trashing of Goldwater in '64, and progress for minority rights, Medicare, Medicaid of the 1960s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Eight Craziest Things Ted Cruz Said At Values Voter Summit

1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him: “So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”
    2. On the press: “The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”
    3. On the Cons ution: “This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”
    4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech: “Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country
    5. On hecklers, again: “It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”
    6. On hecklers, a third time: “How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”
    7. On the Cold War: “Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”
    8. On Vice President Biden: “You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...uz-said-today/

If Texans had any pride or shame (or maybe they're just ing stupid), they'd vote this asshole out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Lt. Governor Calls For Obama To Be Impeached

Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst (R) called for President Obama to be impeached during a Tea Party event, according to the Texas Tribune. At the close of the event, a spokesperson for Dewhurst elaborated that “[h]e feels very strongly about the tragedy in Benghazi and has said that Congress should consider impeaching the President over the tragedy.” The spokesperson added that Obama needs to be held accountable for “Washington’s failure to secure the border and the gross overreach of the federal government under Obamacare.”

Significantly, Dewhurst is the former United States Senate candidate who was rejected by Texas Republicans in 2012 for being an insufficiently aggressive conservative. They elected shutdown advocate, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) instead.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ama-impeached/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greasebag REPUG Maine Gov. LePage: 47% Of Mainers Don’t Work

In a meeting last week in Falmouth, Maine, the controversial Republican governor bemoaned how “About 47 percent of able-bodied people in the state of Maine don’t work. About 47 percent. It’s really bad.”

It’s also false. With statistics provided from Maine’s own labor department, the Bangor Daily News points out that 65 percent of able-bodied Mainers are working or actively seeking work. The 35 percent remaining is composed largely of retirees, homemakers, students, and the disabled. The blue collar state is not divided between givers and takers, as the governor seems to suggest.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...-mainers-work/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is run by Repug assholes voted in by assholes

================
    Stop blocking military benefits for gay and lesbian National Guard members

The Department of Defense allows all same-sex spouses of National Guard members to enroll for the same benefits as other couples. So why is Texas refusing to allow these couples to enroll for benefits at any state-run facilities?

Marriage equality may not be law in Texas, but standing in the way of allowing people to access their guaranteed federal benefits is just plain wrong.

Our service members and their families deserve better. And thanks to the Supreme Court's decisions this summer, they are en led to it by law.

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/...utologin=false

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-22-2013 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes no sense. Perhaps if people would stop trotting out ole Dixie then the label would go away.

Why do people label him a communist. They get mad when he drapes himself in the hammer and sickle but still call him communist.

The south had more 'diversity' prior to the civil war as well. Black folks didn't start fleeing from the south until the Civil War. SCOTUS ruled that runaway slaves were to be sent back several times prior ot the confrontation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems/liberals should be the conscience of our nation. Churches, unions, universities, democratic party, activists. Remind mex BD...remind me how many professors havent sold out for six figure salaries....remind me how the unions are protecting the rights of the workforce, and not selling them out...remind me how churches are speaking out against immoral actions of the state...remind me how this administration has stood up for minorities and for peace.

Its not.repugs who failed the working class. Its liberals. And you can only point the finger at repugs. Remember, repugs never promised to do for the working class, but utilize them as tools. Its the dems thatsold out America.
    Wow, Chemtrail-boy still haunts the halls.

That said, I do think that the Democratic party can and should do more. That last bit has a grain of truth to it, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, there is still someone who doesn't get the code.

The people who try to argue that the Civil War wasn't about slavery or white power and that the confederate flag isn't still used as shorthand for " ing blacks need to know their place, under our boot heel" tend to be about the same sort of intellectual midgets who deny the holocaust.

(edit)

To be clear:

I don't think Jacob is quite that dumb, I just know how the Confederate battle flag is used by racist s these days, and I have never seen anyone sporting it that wasn't actually a racist if you got to talking to them and teased it out of them.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-23-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "...same sort of intellectual midgets who deny the holocaust."

and who deny AGW, deny that Repugs/tea baggers' main base is not motivated by racism or xenophobia, call the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression, etc, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Jaw-dropping Absurdities Brought to You By the Right Wing

1. Kevin Swanson is begging you not to buy those lesbian Girl Scout cookies

2. Men’s Righter, Paul Elam: It’s okay not to care about female rape victims

3. N.C. Republican official doesn’t want those lazy blacks voting

4. N.C. (yes, again) State Rep. Larry Pittman: Obama not a traitor (to Kenya, where he was born, of course)

5. Sherman Adelson: Nuke Iran

6. Joe the former Plumber: Democrats are the lynchers

7. Coach Daubenmire: Christians are being bullied into not bullying gays

8. Bradlee Dean, President Obama is both secretly pushing Shariah law, and secretly gay

9. Group of Christians refuse to tip waiter, but are nice enough to leave a note explaining his “ sexual lifestyle is an affront to God”

10. Texas Rep. Steve Stockman: Ted Cruz is a brilliant, heroic, visionary leader

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-jaw-dropping-absurdities-brought-you-right-wing?akid=11085.187590.Qzbjqg&rd=1&src=newsletter9 15483&t=2&paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

8. Bradlee Dean, President Obama is both secretly pushing Shariah law, and secretly gay
    I report, you decide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Benghazi witnesses grilled in secret on Capitol Hill

Two of the Justice Department's key witnesses in last year's terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, were summoned to Capitol Hill this month and grilled for hours in separate legal depositions.

Responding to congressional subpoenas, the State Department security agents were asked how the Libyan terrorists stormed the mission and set parts of it on fire, how they were armed and how they killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, sources with knowledge of the matter said. The agents also were asked about security breakdowns and whether the administration reacted appropriately to the Sept. 11, 2012, assault.

How those highly guarded and secret interviews came about was part of an increasingly bitter dispute between two branches of the federal government.

Prosecutors are under intense pressure to arrest and convict the terrorists, while the Republican-led House is determined to find who is responsible for any lapse in security that night, and whether the administration misled the public when officials initially said the attack stemmed from a protest.

Weeks before the interviews, top Justice Department officials repeatedly warned Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista) against doing so, saying it would seriously jeopardize any criminal prosecution of the terrorists. They wrote three times to the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, strongly urging him not to insist on interviewing the agents.

The interviews have not been released. But the Justice Department expressed concern that Issa might reveal some details from the interviews, or that defense lawyers could subpoena them if suspects are apprehended, according to the sources, who did not have permission to speak publicly, citing the ongoing investigation. At least one person has been named in a sealed indictment in the Benghazi attacks.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/60.../p2p-77952897/

less, feckless Issa is ing mad, insane, tilting at windmills, hoping one of them is holding a smoking gun to bring down Obama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paranoia-Rama: This Week In Right-Wing Lunacy

5. Satan Behind Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Herman Cain

Herman Cain has finally put all those allegations of extramarital affairs and sexual harassment from different women to rest, saying that all of them were lying and are working the Devil. Cain told Real Clear Religion that Satan was behind the charges of sexual misconduct, several of which were made long before he even ran for president, as part of a plot to bring down his campaign, which he suspended before the Iowa caucus. After explaining how he was the real victim, Cain said that he now preaches about his experience in fighting the demonic spirits which supposedly manufactured the scandal.

4. Grover Norquist Is Palling Around With Terrorists

In an interview with Glenn Beck, Center for Security Policy head Frank Gaffney said that he saw terrorists meeting with Grover Norquist back when they shared an office in Washington, D.C. Rather than alert the authorities, apparently, Gaffney instead decided to wait over a decade to reveal Norquist’s terrorists allies. Norquist notes that on the date of his supposed meeting with terrorists, he wasn’t even in Washington.

Gaffney’s claims that Norquist is a terrorist fellow traveler are so farfetched that leaders of the American Conservative Union decided to kick Gaffney out of the annual right-wing summit CPAC, but that hasn’t stopped him from winning over Beck and other anti-Muslim zealots such as Jerry Boykin, David Horowitz and Pamela Geller.

Cathie Adams of Eagle Forum has found even more definitive evidence that Norquist is a secret Islamic agent: “he has a beard.”

3. Obama Will Nuke Charleston

After the right-wing conspiracy that President Obama was planning to set off a nuclear bomb in Washington, D.C. and blame it on Syria, we now have gotten word that Obama has shifted his menacing plan to Charleston, South Carolina. Survivalists have been fretting about a secret plan to nuke Charleston that went awry after generals refused and, as a result, were swiftly fired by Obama.

This conspiracy theory follows claims made by Alex Jones of InfoWars, who cited comments made by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) about how Iran could give nuclear weapons to terrorists targeting US cities like Charleston, of an imminent false flag attack: “Graham is quite literally saying that if we do not launch a war with Syria, South Carolina may be nuked. And this ultimately reeks of yet another false flag being orchestrated by the United States government in order to send us into war, or at the very least a threat.”

2. Military, NFL Facing Feminization

Did you know that President Obama is personally selecting new hats for the Marines to make them look “feminine” and “French”? The New York Post story about Obama’s wretched plan to make male Marines seem “girly” was quickly picked up by Fox News, the Washington Times, Newsmax, all the news sources you’d expect not to do basic research to see if Obama was actually involved in uniform cover design process.

Shockingly
    , he wasn’t.

But maybe that was all a plot to take away attention from the “chickification” of the NFL, which Rush Limbaugh bravely exposed. “You don’t put the NFL in pink for a month!” Limbaugh said, referring to Breast Cancer Awareness Month, “I don't think there’s any question, folks, that there is an attack on masculinity. And it’s not new. Basically the modern era of feminism, that's what it is, is a critique against masculinity.”

Fainting Lady An Obama Plant

When a pregnant, diabetic woman nearly fainted during President Obama’s press conference in the Rose Garden, “Lady-Patriots” was on the case to expose her as an Obama plant! Naturally, Sarah Palin, Matt Drudge, and Fox News were happy to join the usual suspects like WorldNetDaily and InfoWars. “Lady Patriot” Sharon Scheutz foiled Obama’s false flag fainting to “take the focus off the disastrous website” and make people “feel warm and fuzzy for our hero President.”

“There are a lot of idiots out there,” she writes.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....TyF2vCQM.dpuf

You Right-Winger People are a bunch of ignorant asshole jerks, so funny!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fringe Factor: End sexuality With a Class Action Lawsuit

sexuality is just as dangerous as cigarettes, so why not try to end it—with a tobacco company-style lawsuit? Meanwhile, it’s about time for an insurrection against Obama, plus more from the fringe this week.

Tea Party Leader Wants to Sue sexuality, All of It

North Carolina GOP Leader: Law That Hurts ‘Lazy Blacks’ Is Not Racist

Conservative Commentator Calls for Insurrection Against Obama

Virginia: Push to Ban Sodomy May Make Life Easier for Real Sex Offenders

Major GOP Donor: Nuke Iran Before It Can Get Nuclear Weapons

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-lawsuit.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“There was absolutely no reason, whatsoever, for this administration to block access to the World War Two Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial. It’s never ever been done in a government shutdown prior to this administration doing so.”

There are at least two problems with this.

1. The Lincoln Memorial was indeed closed during a previous government shutdown in 1995. That one was also caused by Republicans trying to extract concessions from a Democratic president. Broun should remember it well, since he ran for Congress the following year. (He lost.)

2. The World War II Memorial was completed in 2004, and so did not exist during any previous shutdowns. While this renders Broun's statement technically true, it is true in the same way as saying "Abraham Lincoln never dined at Chipotle" is true. Neither statement makes a particularly intriguing point.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...m?detail=email

ing Confederates, ignorant assholes, politicians AND their voters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you right-wingers think unfair to brand Southern politicians and tea baggers as secessionist, racist assholes?

Maddow: Tea party apparently no longer embarrassed to flaunt its racist, neo-Confederate roots

tea party Republicans are embracing the Confederacy-era South as their cultural touchstone.

the conservative women’s group the National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW) and their 2010 conference in Charleston, SC, in which attendees were promised “A Southern Experience” by the South Carolina branch of the organization.

photos of the event, which featured white attendees dressed in Confederate regalia and African-American people dressed as slaves. The individual dressed as a Confederate officer in the image is South Carolina’s now-Lieutenant Governor Glenn McConnell, who in 2010 was still just a state senator.

In South Carolina, it is apparently good for your political career to be seen doing Civil War reenactments, complete with slaves.

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R), shortly after being sworn in, elected to celebrate Confederate History Month. Unlike past governors, however, he did not mention or make any note of the issue of slavery.

“After a while, after a national kerfuffle,” said Maddow, “McConnell did finally get embarrassed and went back to the commemoration statement and added a reference to slavery.”

the main problem with the shutdown of the federal government was that it ended, said Maddow. Those people believe the Republican Party didn’t fight hard enough to keep poor people from getting health coverage.

One of the people they are targeting is Sen. Thad Cochran, a rock-ribbed conservative who has sinned against the far right by voting to reopen the government. The tea party in Mississippi has found a challenger for Cochran in the form of neo-Confederate candidate state Sen. Chris McDaniel.

“It is an interesting question,” Maddow said, “whether being associated with the Confederacy — not just with the South, but with southern, white secession — it’s an interesting question whether being associated with that hurts individual elected officials.”

Another question, she said, is whether this pro-white, arch conservative movement that we call the tea party is a new thing, or rather a new name for the same old angry racists who have always lurked at the base of the GOP.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/2...ederate-roots/

Thread Information