Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ignorant, stupid pitbull still has 100Ks if not Ms of ignorant, stupid followers, and probably most of them are hard-core, if closet, racists

Sarah Palin Celebrates MLK Day By Urging Obama To Stop 'Playing The Race Card'

"Mr. President, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. and all who commit to ending any racial divide, no more playing the race card,"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meet Lee Bright, The Tea Partier Who May Be Too Extreme For Even South Carolina

COLMES: So [teachers] shouldn’t have machine guns?

BRIGHT: I would think a teacher protecting a school grounds should be able to carry whatever she can carry legally.

COLMES: So should machine guns be legal to carry?

BRIGHT: The Second Amendment is pretty clear. It says the right to carry arms should not be infringed. [...] COLMES: So you should be able to have any gun you want?

BRIGHT: Well, I don’t see how the government can regulate it.

Bright’s extreme opposition to tougher gun laws is just one of many positions that puts him far outside of the mainstream, even in staunchly Republican South Carolina. Among other examples, Bright has:

• Argued that welfare programs are “all sin” and “legalized plunder.”
    • Explained his demand that food stamps be cut by insisting that “able-bodied people, if they don’t work, they shouldn’t eat.”
    • Warned that “Brown Shirts” from the Internal Revenue Service are going to enforce the Affordable Care Act with AR-15 semiautomatic rifles.
    • Insisted that “FEMA is a scam,” and that the government should have no role in providing disaster relief.
    • Suggested that Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor might want to dissolve the states, and that President Obama wants to become a king.
    • Threatened that South Carolinians may have to “use the Second Amendment” against the government, adding that “I want to lay down my life for my liberty just like my forefathers did.”

In addition to all of his overheated rhetoric, Bright holds at least $1.4 million in debt from a failed trucking business — a disclosure that rather undercuts his efforts to paint himself as a fiscal conservative.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/meet-lee...outh-carolina/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago GOP hopeful: Autism and dementia are God’s punishments for LGBT rights

One of the Republicans lining up to challenge Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her seat representing the 9th District of Illinois told the Chicago Daily Herald that God is “angry” with the United States and has sent scourges to punish the American people.

Candidate Susanne Atanus believes that autism and forms of dementia are punishments sent by God because of the growing support for marriage equality in the country and the prevalence of abortion.

“I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first,” Atanus said at an endorsement session with the Daily Herald on Monday.

God controls the weather, she said, and tornadoes are evidence of his wrath.

“God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions,” she said. “Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it’s in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/2...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana Christian Taleban

Don’t want to be hassled by creationist teacher? Give up Buddhism, Louisiana public school says

A public school in Louisiana allegedly advised a Buddhist family to change their beliefs if they didn’t want their child to face harassment from zealous teachers.

The American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of Louisiana on Wednesday filed a federal lawsuit against Negreet High School in Sabine Parish on behalf of two parents, Scott and Sharon Lane, and their son, “C.C.” The lawsuit claims the school has “a longstanding custom, policy, and practice of promoting and inculcating Christian beliefs,” including the teaching of creationism.

Sixth-grade teacher Rita Roark has told her students that the universe was created by God about 6,000 years ago, and taught that both the Big Bang theory and evolution are false, according to the lawsuit. She told her students that “if evolution was real, it would still be happening: Apes would be turning into humans today.”

One test she gave to students asked: “ISN’T IT AMAZING WHAT THE _____________ HAS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The correct answer was “Lord,” but C.C. wrote in something else. Roark responded by scolding the boy in front of the entire class.

When informed that C.C. was a Buddhist and therefore didn’t believe in God, Roark allegedly responded, “you’re stupid if you don’t believe in God.”

On another accusation, she allegedly described both Buddhism and Hinduism as “stupid.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/23/dont-want-to-be-hassled-by-creationist-teacher-give-up-buddhism-louisiana-public-school-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat Pastor with his War on Wimmens

Huckabee, who served two full terms as Arkansas governor, said women who use birth control “cannot control their libidos” without the help of "Uncle Sugar" and “Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless.”

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178064/mike-huckabee-actually-said-about-women-today?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=email_nation&utm_campaign=Email%20Nation%20-%2020140123

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gohmert: Gov't Tries To 'Lure' Single Moms Into 'Servitude' With Welfare

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat Pastor with his War on Wimmens

Huckabee, who served two full terms as Arkansas governor, said women who use birth control “cannot control their libidos” without the help of "Uncle Sugar" and “Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless.”

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178064/mike-huckabee-actually-said-about-women-today?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=email_nation&utm_campaign=Email%20Nation%20-%2020140123

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nervous venture capitalist compares nation’s progressive shift to Nazi ‘Kristallnacht’

On Saturday, the Wall Street Journal published a bizarre letter from wealthy venture capitalist Tom Perkins warning that the underclasses could stage a Nazi Germany-style pogrom against the wealthy.

In the piece — led “Progressive Kristallnacht Coming?” — Perkins worried that wealthy people like himself could end up being rounded up in the night and forced into camps.On Saturday, the Wall Street Journal published a bizarre letter from wealthy venture capitalist Tom Perkins warning that the underclasses could stage a Nazi Germany-style pogrom against the wealthy.

In the piece — led “Progressive Kristallnacht Coming?” — Perkins worried that wealthy people like himself could end up being rounded up in the night and forced into camps.

“Writing from the epicenter of progressive thought, San Francisco,” Perkins said, “I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its ‘one percent,’ namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the ‘rich.’”

“From the Occupy movement to the demonization of the rich embedded in virtually every word of our local newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, I perceive a rising tide of hatred of the successful one percent,” he lamented.

“This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking. Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent ‘progressive’ radicalism unthinkable now?” he asked.

Perkins is a senior partner in the venture capitalist firm Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Most Absurd Right-Wing Lunacies This Week: Pity the 1% Edition

1. Thomas Perkins: The 1% are treated the way Nazis treated Jews.

“Writing from the epicenter of progressive thought, San Francisco, I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its ‘one percent,’ namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the ‘rich.’”

From there he talked about the ongoing “demonization of the rich,” in the San Francisco Chronicle, the resentment about the Google buses, and rising real estate prices, and the “cruel attacks” on his ex-wife, author Danielle
    Steel, calling her a “snob” despite all she’s done for the less fortunate.

Here’s the kicker: “This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking,” he wrote. “Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent "progressive" radicalism unthinkable now?”

2. We heart Huckabee, and so will you, once you get that libido under control.

“If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it.”

3. Laura Ingraham does not think Sarah Silverman is funny. Sarah Silverman is crying about this.

“Comedy Expert Ingraham also called Silverman 'a Nobel Prize winner' (sarcastically, of course) and a 'degenerate, foul-mouthed, slob of a person.'

4. Iowa Republican Party posts incredibly stupid chart on racism.

5. Chicago GOP hopeful: Autism and dementia are God’s punishment for LGBT rights.

6. Oklahoma lawmaker: If gay people can get married, then no one should get married.

7. Montana GOP rep: Force women to have babies because abortion robs men.

8. GOP congressman: A wife should submit to her husband.

9. South Carolina Sen. candidate: Teachers should carry machine guns.

10. Victoria Jackson: Change First Amendment to ban Islam.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...age=1#bookmark

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul worries women ‘won’ the war and are ‘conquering’ men, taking their jobs

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/26/rand-paul-worries-women-won-the-war-and-are-conquering-men-taking-their-jobs/

dog whistle to right-wing misogynists to keep women paid 30% less than white men for the same job

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Veteran CBS host laughs in Cruz’s face after he repeatedly denies shutting down government

“Well, Bob, with all due respect, I don’t agree with the premise of your question,” Cruz replied. “Throughout the government shutdown, I opposed a government shutdown. I said we shouldn’t shut the government down. I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall.”

holy , tea baggers invent their own universe and actually believe they have a hold on reality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen West will not lower himself to address your vagina so don’t even bother asking

seeing everyone else having fun and not wishing to be left standing there with his in his hand, one-and-done former Congressman and lady-hatin’ ragemonster Allen West explained on a wingnut man-talk radio show that women are strong – they are invincible – they are woman, and they shouldn’t believe anything other than that no matter how much ‘the left’ smooth talks directly at their lady vaginas.

Allen West says he agrees with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s comment that Democrats act like women “cannot control their libido” — and the former Florida congressman adds: “The left tries to win the women’s vote by talking from the waist down.”

“Gov. Huckabee has no reason to apologize and if anything the Democrats should be apologizing,” West told “The Steve Malzberg Show” on Newsmax TV.

[...]

“I’m going to be very blunt, the left tries to win the women’s vote by talking from the waist down. What we have to do on our side as conservatives … we have to talk to their heart and we have to talk to their mind and that’s exactly what Gov. Huckabee was talking about drawing that delineation.”

Yes ladies, conservatives only want to speak to your lady brains and not that crazy plumbing down there because they respect your mind even though, if you want to get an abortion, you’re going to have to wait thirty days because your hormones are probably making you stupid and irrational.

Oh, and they also want to force-feed a transvaginal wand into your junk because you are probably too dumb to know that there is a maybe-baby growing inside you and not … oh, I don’t know … a Miata or a set of steak knives or something.

Additionally Allen West and his fellow conservatives will also speak to your “heart” and you gals can maybe let them but, personally and as a guy, I think they’re just going to try and motorboat you.

But it will be a respectful motorboating because that is the least you deserve from them and probably the most you will ever get…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News’ Laura Ingraham: ‘Wall off Detroit’ to keep the immigrants in

Conservative radio host and frequent Fox News contributor Laura Ingraham this week said that the government would need to “wall of Detroit” if more immigrants were allowed to move there.
    Earlier this month, Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R) told reporters that he had asked the Obama administration to set aside additional visas for immigrants with special skills and advanced degrees in an effort to reverse Detroit’s declining population.

The Associated Press reported that if Snyder’s plan is approved, “Detroit would be allocated 5,000 visas in the first year, 10,000 each of the next three years and 15,000 in the fifth year.” Immigrants would be allowed to live and work in the city for five years, but could apply for a green card after that time.

On her Tuesday radio show, Ingraham said the idea was “the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of.”

“The people of this country, they’re smart enough to know that they don’t want to go anywhere near Detroit. Right?” she explained. “But we need to get these people from other countries to live and work in Detroit to save us because we can then wall off Detroit, apparently, so they can’t then move to other parts of the country.”

“Is that what Rick Snyder is gonna do?” Ingraham asked. “Is there gonna be, you know, is there gonna be finally a border enforced in our country? Except it’s going to be around Detroit.”

Earlier this month, Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson came under fire after telling The New Yorker that his plan was to turn Detroit into an “Indian reservation.”

“[W]e herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and the corn,” he said.

and the jingos, racists, and xenophobes went wild!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LG talking to SC neoConfederates, racists, tea baggers, and other ignorant ers

Louie Gohmert: Raise taxes on poor people because they can pay with welfare

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug reachout, pro-wimmen messaging

Fox News host: Women don’t want equal pay, they already get ‘exactly what they’re worth’

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lindsey Graham’s State Of The Union Rebuttal: ‘World Literally About To Blow Up’

One of the leading foreign policy voices in the Republican Party wants to make something clear to the American people: President Obama is threatening the world’s very existence.

After the State of the Union address on Tuesday night, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) offered a hyperbolic response to the president’s discussion of his Iran policy.

“The world is literally about to blow up,” Graham said.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/republic...iterally-blow/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confederate, ignorant asshole Sessions takes Lady Gaga as medical proof that mj is addictive!

During a Senate Judiciary oversight hearing on the Department of Justice, Sessions told Attorney General Eric Holder that he was appalled that President Barack Obama had recently said marijuana was no more dangerous than alcohol.

“I’m heartbroken to see what the president said just a few days ago,” Sessions explained. “It’s just stunning to me. I find it beyond comprehension.

“Did the president conduct any medical or scientific survey?” the senator wanted to know, pointing to studies that claimed marijuana use was linked to impairments in IQ and anxiety.

“That is exactly why one of our aid and enforcement priorities is the prevention of marijuana to minors,” Holder replied.

“Well, Lady Gaga said she’s addicted to it and it’s not harmless!” Sessions insisted. “She’s been addicted to it. Patrick Kennedy, former Congressman Kennedy, said the president is wrong on this subject!”

There are more than 600 studies on mj, going back decades. In fact, many more studies and much longer time than on ANY BigPharma .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huckabee, here's a MAJOR discovery of how the brain works that was made mj research, the endocannibinoid system.

http://www.beyondthc.com/wp-content/...BSystemLee.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In response to a court decision that held that it was illegal to ban marriages between same-sex couples in Oklahoma, a state lawmaker wants to — and I’m not making this up — get rid of marriage for everyone in the state. Apparently, Rep. Mike Turner’s cons uents are ready to have this discussion.

I want to emphasize that this is 100 percent real. In order to keep gay people from marrying, actual lawmakers are proposing we eliminate marriage entirely.

Turner isn’t just blowing smoke, either. He submitted a bill. Turner has also called for a second vote to ban same-sex marriage, even though, as mentioned previously, a court ruled that the ban was uncons utional."

http://www.care2.com/causes/how-do-you-stop-gay-marriage-ban-marriage-entirely-says-oklahoma-lawmaker.html#ixzz2rtNsDPS6

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Cruz says Obama's promised sanctions veto could lead to Iran nuking New York, Los Angeles

“I thought that was one of the most dangerous things in the entire speech,” Cruz said of Obama’s commitment to veto new Iran sanctions as talks continue with the international community. “What I fear is that we’re making the mistakes of the past—the same mistakes the Clinton administration made with North Korea. With North Korea, we relaxed the sanctions in exchange for amorphous promises, and the billions that North Korea received in relaxed sanctions, they used to develop nuclear weapons.

“The risk is unacceptable. When you have the leaders of a nation who have said, among other things, they intend to drive Israel into the sea and wipe them off the face of the map—if Iran acquires a nuclear weapon, the risk is unacceptable that that weapon will be detonated over the skies of Tel Aviv or New York or Los Angeles,” Cruz said. “The results could be hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost.”

According to Cruz, Iran is a bigger threat than North Korea—which actually has nuclear weapons—because dictator Kim Jong Un, who "wants to stay in power more than anything else," can be deterred and that may not be true of Iran's leadership.

Uh-huh. Iran—where International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors have been, today, on the ground checking out one of the nation's uranium mines, with more inspections of other nuclear facilities to come—is more dangerous than North Korea, where the last IAEA visit was 12 years ago. Since then, the North has detonated three nuclear devices. Iran has none.

In Ted Cruz's twisted mind, negotiating an agreement filled with verifiable safeguards to keep things that way is going to lead to mushroom clouds over American cities.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gohmert, Bachmann, and King tell Hannity they’ll ride Obamacare ‘repeal train’ to bitter end

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/30/gohmert-bachmann-and-king-tell-hannity-theyll-ride-obamacare-repeal-train-to-bitter-end/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alabama anti-cloning bill would allow hospitals to turn away miscarrying women

Civil rights experts have warned that a bill approved by the Alabama state House last week would allow hospitals to turn away pregnant women who were experiencing a miscarriage.

State Rep. Becky Nordgren’s (R) HB31 — or the Health Care Rights of Conscience Act — would allow any health care profession to refuse to participate in abortion, sterilization, human cloning and embryonic stem cell research.

According to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), that means that hospital staff could refuse to take part in ending a woman’s pregnancy during a miscarriage even if her health was at stake.

And the legislation would also protect health care workers and hospitals from liability under Alabama law.

“This means that even if the hospitals know that the on-duty doctor won’t provide appropriate medical care, Alabama law says that in most cases they have no obligation to find someone who will,” the ACLU noted. “In effect, the Alabama legislature is saying to a pregnant woman in distress, ‘Good luck. You are on your own.’”

During a debate in the Alabama House of Representatives last week, state Rep. Patricia Todd (D) argued that the state had better things to do.

“We are looking at a deficit in this state for Medicaid, for corrections,” she said. “We should be spending time talking about how we get ourselves out of this situation. This is a feel-good bill to me. This is like, ‘I want to throw some red meat to make them see that, you know, I really am against abortion.’ When the reality is a health care professional can always opt-out of doing a procedure.”

Nordgren, however, insisted that the bill was not an anti-abortion bill.

“My personal beliefs have nothing to do with the intent of this bill,” she remarked, to jeers from Democrats.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/30/alabama-anti-cloning-bill-would-allow-hospitals-to-turn-away-miscarrying-women/

So a woman shows up miscarrying, and probably hemorrhaging, Repugs say: GFY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BYU-Idaho warns its students against masturbation in earnest war-themed video

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/01/byu-idaho-warns-its-students-against-masturbation-in-earnest-war-themed-video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Thread Information