My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    CNN says it is "completely uncomfortable" with hacked emails showing former contributor and interim DNC chair Donna Brazile sharing questions with the Clinton campaign before a debate and a town hall during the Democratic primary, and has accepted her resignation.

Hacked emails posted by WikiLeaks show Brazile, whose CNN contract was suspended when she became interim DNC chair over the summer, sharing with the Clinton campaign a question that would be posed to Hillary Clinton before the March CNN Democratic debate in Flint, and sharing with the campaign a possible question prior to a CNN town hall also in March.
    In a statement, CNN spokeswoman Lauren Pratapas said that on Oct. 14, the network accepted Brazile's resignation.

"On October 14th, CNN accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a CNN contributor. (Her deal had previously been suspended in July when she became the interim head of the DNC.) CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate. We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor," Pratapas said.

In a tweet, Brazile thanked CNN and her now former colleagues there.

"Thank you @CNN. Honored to be a Democratic Strategist and commentator on the network. Godspeed to all my former colleagues," she wrote.

A CNN employee, speaking on background, suggested Brazile may have met the woman who was supposed to pose the question about lead poisoning during a service event planned the day before the debate.
    As for the town hall event, a follow up email from Brazile posted by WikiLeaks on Monday and other emails obtained by POLITICO seem to point to Roland Martin, a TV One host who was co-moderating the Town Hall, as the source of the questions

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...#ixzz4OgPx8tKz
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but CNN OK with Trash's ex-campaign manager as shilling for Trash on CNN's payroll, while also taking Trash money.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-31-2016 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donna Fatzil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her interviews on this issue were painfully uncomfortable and she repeatedly tried to dodge and reporters kept calling her out on it

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It was about time. She's been an apologist for years. Good riddance.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is a liar.

But not quite as obvious a liar as Trump.

Cant believe she still denies what is in those emails. And if CNN did not give her access to questions she made a point of finding/stealing at least one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was about time. She's been an apologist for years. Good riddance.
    and woman-beater Lewandowski is?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donna Brazile Is the Worst Mole in History

Earlier this year, before a town hall in Flint,

Brazile tipped the Clinton campaign that she would be asked about...wait for it...lead poisoning.

Needless to say, the
    whole point of holding the town hall in Flint was because of it lead poisoning problem.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/10/donna-brazile-worst-mole-history

CNN!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She will have her own talk show soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or White House Press Secretary, same thing

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL...

That's a possibility of a favor granted!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brazile tipped the Clinton campaign that she would be asked about...wait for it...lead poisoning.

Needless to say, the
    whole point of holding the town hall in Flint was because of it lead poisoning problem.

CNN!
    Yes.

And she even added the ladies name and what she looked like. If you are in Leadville, why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh, that would be cringeworthy. i wanted to vomit when she was talking about playing basketball not dodgeball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Needless to say, the

CNN!
    Yeah that was a stretch to think they might ask a question about that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her interviews on this issue were painfully uncomfortable and she repeatedly tried to dodge and reporters kept calling her out on it
    And the above is a part of the overall problem of "news" on TV. It's loaded with politicians/expoliticians instead of trained journalists who know how politicians work and might have some insight on getting to the importance of a topic, instead of spinning it.

There is a market for news reporting and interpreting events as accurately as possible. I assume we all want an accurate assessment of a situation. Yet on this very site we clearly have partisan spin s who claim media is biased. Because they want to hear what their experience has led them to believe instead of actually reading another point of view that actually might make sense. They live in their own little bubble and just don't get out. They don't want to hear other's experience.

Honestly, this is why I think a proper science education is important. You want to be as accurate as possible so that your findings aid in predicting the possible outcome of a future event. Lying with your basic data is counterproductive in the long run. But people who govern don't seem to mind this because of promises to cons uents?

Now if your goal is to strive for a future in which you benefit at the expense of others, which both parties claim the other does, you look for data that proves, for example, that trickle down does not work, or proves that artificially redistributing wealth is healthy (or vice versa). These are complex economic problems that need to be taken seriously. But we have parties that build think tanks to prove a hypothesis instead of looking at the data and honestly assessing it. We have economists that tow a very predictable line. They take data that fits their expectations as word, and closely analyze and find problems with data that does not.

Maybe it's just too complex so they are allowed poetic license to do whatever suits their needs I guess.

Too long a rant... frustration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not initially. She'll get a spot on The Real and then see how it goes.

Thread Information