Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Turns out he wasn't even responsible for Bynum

With the departure of Jackson, Buss continued cleaning house, firing much of the Laker scouting department, including beloved assistant GM Ronnie Lester, who is often credited with the scouting of Andrew Bynum — yes, the same Bynum Buss hung his hat on.

He was the first Lakers employee to scout Andrew Bynum back at the McDonald's All-American camp in 2005 and the loudest Lakers employee to recommend the chubby 7-foot, 275-pound high school center from New Jersey with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft.

Though Bynum is a grown man now, going into his seventh season whenever this lockout ends, when I caught up with him Thursday afternoon, Lester told the story of the first time he saw Bynum like it was yesterday.
    "Coach Bill Bertka and myself went to watch him during the week of practice they had before the McDonald's All-American Game," he said. "He was just so big. … The first time I saw Andrew Bynum come out of the locker room, I pointed and said to Coach Bertka, 'Who is that?'
    "He was overweight, chubby faced, chubby bodied. He needed to get in shape, but what a difference from the other high school kids."
    Two months later he took a redeye to New York to watch him again.
    "I didn't recognize him. He had lost 30 pounds," Lester said. "That in and of itself, that kid losing 30 pounds in two months, that was pretty impressive right there. You knew the kid would work if he wanted something bad enough.

"After the workout, I called Mitch … and told him 'If he's there at 10, I don't know how you can pass the guy up.'"

-
    Rudy Tomjanovich Hire
    -
    hiring of Mike Brown was reported on ESPN. Buss apparently never reached out to Shaw
    Also, note that Buss hired Brown because he was impressed with his “defense-minded style.”

-Buss allowed his fear of the luxury tax to keep him from re-signing Sessions (who wasn’t asking for all that much), and instead put all their chips in with an almost 40-year-old Steve Nash

-promptly replaced him with Mike D’Antoni

- Four draft Picks for Steve Nash (27 Million)

- The Lakers have bragged about their forward thinking strategy of owning their own D-League team, but none of their D-League players have ever provided significant contributions in the NBA.

- Firing most of the scouting department
    - 2011 Skunker

-2012 Skunker

2013 Skunker

- Letting Earl Clark go
    - Letting MWP go

- Wanted to trade Marc Gasol for cash considerations
    - First to assemble a $100 million dollar roster and not record a playoff win
    - d out his sister in order to keep Chandler 2.0
    - Needed Billboard signs AND ads
    - Was 95% sure Dwight would stay
    - Traded Dwight Howard for Chris Kaman
    - Didn't trade Gasol when his value was high
    - Probably won't get anything for him either
    - Convinced the rest of the organization why D'antoni should stay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl his dad killing himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, where this "Fredo" thing came from?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    tbh, where this "Fredo" thing came from?
    Tbh, I coined it

Nothing worse than Fredo Corleone running a business. Jimmy just happens to be real life proof. Jerry (Vito) died, and instead of getting Michael, lakerfan got Fredo. And deserve nothing less.
    Last edited by Michael Jordan.; 08-22-2013 at 07:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid,tbh... props...

Der Führer!
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At least Jeanie Buss had pros uted herself to keep the greatest coach in NBA history and was willing to do so once again to mother Dwight Howard's 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramon Sessions
    Savior
    " save us Ramen noodles, pls "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid,tbh... props...
    True. MJ at it again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A lot of those are a huge stretch tbh, for example Earl Clark was solid but eventually hit the wall and MWP is done, at least for the kind of money he was making with the Lakers.

Bottom line:

Jim Buss didn't amnesty Kobe to get 5 years of mental midget Dwight in returnPERIOD

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    A lot of those are a huge stretch tbh, for example Earl Clark was solid but eventually hit the wall and MWP is done, at least for the kind of money he was making with the Lakers.

Bottom line:

Jim Buss didn't amnesty Kobe to get 5 years of mental midget Dwight in returnPERIOD
    Bottom line: The man in charge of the Lakers once wanted to trade Marc Gasol for cash, leaving Kobe stuck at 3.

Bottom line: Kobe ain't taking a paycut

Bottom line: Nash

Bottom line: s leaving L.A. for Cleveland

Bottom line: #StayD12

Are they still gonna build Dwight that statue they promised?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line:
    Bottom line: Kobe ain't taking a paycut

Bottom line: #StayD12

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fredo hiding in his sister's closet, watching her get plowed by Dwight and Phil

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ahem. Another mark on Fredo's permanent record.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish…

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Sources told the Times, however, that Wolves general manager Kevin McHale is not thrilled with the idea of getting Odom and Bynum, even if they come with the Lakers' 19th pick.

trying to trade Bynum and Odom for Garnett
    McHale
    Fredo

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Jeanie’s friends have been furious over the situation for some time now. They like to point out that Jim Buss didn’t even have an office in the team compound, that his big move has been to put his personal bartender on the team payroll. - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/blogs/lazenby/w....oIi8JNrf.dpuf

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Still, Jim Buss has been credited with making a series of moves five years ago that cost the franchise dearly, namely pushing for the firing of Jackson and the hiring of Rudy Tomjanovich as coach.
    Jeanie’s allies insist that Jim Buss made that move without so much as consulting with anyone else, and Tomjanovich’s short tenure cost the team millions.
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/blogs/lazenby/w....oIi8JNrf.dpuf

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It wasn't until Phil came back for the 2006 season, in which Jimmy's control were limited in the coaching aspect, since Phil was the only coach do ented who was not micro-managed by management. Despite that, Jim Buss felt it would be best to pull the Kwame/Caron trade that same summer despite not getting Kobe's approval, nor the fact that just a week ago, Phil was reported as having talked with Caron and excited about the idea of him playing in the backcourt ala Ron Harper role.

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/jim-buss-resume-brown-hiring-phil-feud-bartender-scouts-t130153.html

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Although Bynum is signed to a long-term contract, his relationship with Jackson and the team remains a touchy issue.

It wasn’t too long ago, for example, that Jim Buss told Bynum that Jackson wasn’t really very good at coaching big men, so Jim told the 19-year-old center that he should find his own coaching. When she learned of the comment, sister Jeanie supposedly said, “Jim, I don’t think you should say crazy things like that. They could have disastrous results.”

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World lesPERIOD

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My DJohn ting all over Polly, the chicken .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My DJohn ting all over Polly, the chicken .
    Ass smootcher.

Thread Information