College
    Texas Longhorns
    not abnormal for him these days unfortunately

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i aint eem mad at dave. my cousin went to his show in houston recently and he said the same happened. some drunk cracca's kept interrupting the show saying "i'm rick james !" and yelling at the stage. nobody paid to hear some drunk geek scream and yell. shut up, sit down and enjoy the show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd like to say it was just some drunk "crazy azz crackas", but then I watched the videos in the OP.

Name
    Two10Whitey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i aint eem mad at dave. my cousin went to his show in houston recently and he said the same happened. some drunk cracca's kept interrupting the show saying "i'm rick james !" and yelling at the stage. nobody paid to hear some drunk geek scream and yell. shut up, sit down and enjoy the show.
    Lol like black folks in a movie theater right?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I agree with the latter half, but a top tier comedian should:
    a. be able to get security to remove the dude
    b. shut them the down in seconds.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Went to the show in Dallas, overall I had a good time because that's what I do anyway but I was hoping he'd use his old comedy style like he used with Killin Em Softly. Now he just seems to be in "reflective mode", always talking about the deal he turned down and integrity. Still funny but not as funny. He's still mah boy though.

People really need to get over the Rick James and "I'm rich" already. It's old, played out. Let the man do his thing and stop interrupting him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    People really need to get over the Rick James and "I'm rich" already. It's old, played out. Let the man do his thing and stop interrupting him.
    I agree with you. At the same time though, knowing guys who do stand-up, I know there are people who are there for the sole reason of ing with the guy on stage. It just goes with the territory. Every stand-up has to deal with it and Chapelle is no exception.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Went to the show in Dallas, overall I had a good time because that's what I do anyway but I was hoping he'd use his old comedy style like he used with Killin Em Softly. Now he just seems to be in "reflective mode", always talking about the deal he turned down and integrity. Still funny but not as funny. He's still mah boy though.

I was there too... I thought the show ended pretty bad. FotC didn't seem to hit with the crowd either. I'm ing sick of the Rick James just as much as anyone, but Chappelle downright bombed in Dallas too. What was that crap at the end, bringing up Mr Sunshine, the harmonica player, and the dude from the audience, only to end the show with a confused and disappointed crowd just standing up and leaving? No ovation or anything. His 11 minutes of written material was awesome... but c'mon, how do you expect to stretch 11 minutes to an hour?

Tbh, the guys seemed depressed to me. I hope he gets out of it. Like he's going through an existential crisis or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Lol like black folks in a movie theater right?
    sure, why not?

I agree with the latter half, but a top tier comedian should:
    a. be able to get security to remove the dude
    b. shut them the down in seconds.
    i read he was looking at security but don't know if it was to see if they would remove the hecklers or him. i agree he should have roasted the heckler but i've never heard of dave being that type of comedian. i know pryor and eddie murphy would shut a heckler down quick fast and in a hurry.

i think dave is trying to escape the whole chappelle show tag; thats the main reason he turned down all that money and left to africa. so when he's trying to make a comeback with new material and all he hears while he's on stage are people yelling stuff at him that he's trying to put behind him, he basically says it and collects his check for just sitting there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    sure, why not?

i read he was looking at security but don't know if it was to see if they would remove the hecklers or him. i agree he should have roasted the heckler but i've never heard of dave being that type of comedian. i know pryor and eddie murphy would shut a heckler down quick fast and in a hurry.

i think dave is trying to escape the whole chappelle show tag; thats the main reason he turned down all that money and left to africa. so when he's trying to make a comeback with new material and all he hears while he's on stage are people yelling stuff at him that he's trying to put behind him, he basically says it and collects his check for just sitting there.
    He quit Chappelle Show cause Comedy Central turned him and Neal Brennan (co-creator) against each other. Brennan wanted more money for more season for himself, and they told Dave he was asking for more money than Dave, Dave overreacted and their friendship dissolved pretty quickly. Go suits.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    He quit Chappelle Show cause Comedy Central turned him and Neal Brennan (co-creator) against each other. Brennan wanted more money for more season for himself, and they told Dave he was asking for more money than Dave, Dave overreacted and their friendship dissolved pretty quickly. Go suits.

i read an article where brennan said a cast member laughed at a skit they were doing (of course about race) and at that point dave said enough was enough. dave also mentioned he didn't want to feel like he was putting on a minstrel show or "shuffling" he didn't want to be a $50 million dollar slave so to speak.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i read an article where brennan said a cast member laughed at a skit they were doing (of course about race) and at that point dave said enough was enough. dave also mentioned he didn't want to feel like he was putting on a minstrel show or "shuffling" he didn't want to be a $50 million dollar slave so to speak.
    I read an article that speculated Obama was about to undo his Middle East Doctrine.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Like someone said above this is nothing new for him. A couple of years ago I could understand a crowd turning nasty if he wasn't up there doing the greatest hits from Chappelle's Show for them but I find it hard to believe that anyone who is actually a fan of his work from that time hasn't heard about him pulling this stuff by now. Plenty of blame to go around on this one. It's a poor showing of professionalism on Dave's part, it's a poor showing of audience decorum, and it's a poor reflection especially on the guys booking this show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    we had Chappelle come over a few weeks ago for a party and we wanted him to do about 20 minutes or so. He sucked so bad that we pulled him off after 5 minutes and just had him watch the kids...which turned out to be a terrible idea.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    prob that pixie skit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Clayton Bigsby; The Black, White Supremist…Still makes me laugh...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    prob that pixie skit
    yup it was

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    didn't want to be a puppet for the illuminati. Props to him.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    no surprise tbh. his white writer wrote all the shows for him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    no surprise tbh. his white writer wrote all the shows for him.
    like all comedy shows don't have a full table of writers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thank god we'll always have the rs...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    didn't want to be a puppet for the illuminati. Props to him.
    Pretty much. He got cut off, just like Katt Williams- and now he's scrapping like the rest of us. Good interview on Inside the Actors Studio

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    prob that pixie skit
    DAAAAAMN, just YouTubed that. lol. Now I understand why he's always talking about "Intergrity". Good lord...

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Just watching his Netflix specials, and he kills it tbh.

Thread Information