Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Baker ing Football looked pretty good, imo.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

good performance, coulda been better, just keep improving. defense was pretty good too. I liked that last play of the game.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ...The quarterback completed 43-of-60 passes for 413 yards and four touchdowns as well as an 11-yard scramble into the end zone.

His first collegiate drive ended with a 43-yard field goal from Ryan Bustin to lift the Red Raiders to an early 3-0 lead.“He breaks the ice, that’s for sure,” Kaster said. “The first drive, he’s out there looking at us and cracking jokes. Coming from a guy like that, a walk-on that has a lot to prove to this university and this football team, he’s done a heck of a job. He knows how to get us calm, and that’s surprising for a kid like that.”

What kind of jokes?

“He came through cracking jokes in the middle of the drive,” Kaster said. “Just cheesy little jokes that got a smile on our face and was like, ‘Alright let’s just keep going.’ Baker’s a good guy. He’s going to do really good here.”

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....ng-score.html/
    looks like he's here to stay. I feel bad for Brewer.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Why did this guy walk-on at TT? His Rivals page says he had offers from Washington State, Rice and FAU. He'll probably be put on scholarship next year either way but still kinda strange unless TT was his dream school or something.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Why did this guy walk-on at TT? His Rivals page says he had offers from Washington State, Rice and FAU. He'll probably be put on scholarship next year either way but still kinda strange unless TT was his dream school or something.
    He was holding out for a scholarship from TCU that never came.

Smart kid, good decision making, good high school program; just lacks natural physical attributes to be a blue chipper I guess.

Tech offered him preferred walk on status and he took it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack offered at safety.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Is it true this is transferring tbh ?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Just too many QBs to fight for playing time with. Even Clayton Nicholas is transferring. It's very possible Baker FF transfers to a juco so that Tech can't block his choice of university the following year.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Read that he wasn't offered a scholarship by Kliff and that's why he's transferring. Pretty ty if true tbh.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Read that he wasn't offered a scholarship by Kliff and that's why he's transferring. Pretty ty if true tbh.
    It sucks for BFF but there are only so many scholarships to go around and having 4 QBs on scholarship makes no sense. I'm glad Kliff has the stones to make the tough decisions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    looks like he's here to stay. I feel bad for Brewer.
    I feel a bit bad for Mayfield, but only a bit.

lol walking on now at OU.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Kliff is heartless tbh. Four scholarship QBs isn't even that unusual especially for a pass happy offense like TTs.

Not sure what Mayfield is doing walking on at OU though. What a strange dude tbh.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Mayfield is no ordinary walk-on. "He earned (a scholarship) a while back. I just had to keep it under wraps. He had practiced like a senior for the last week and I expected him to play really well. I couldn't be more impressed with the way he's handled the operation, handled his teammates and I'm just happy he got to play as well as I thought he could." Kingsbury added Mayfield is still a walk-on, but the team is working the numbers to put him on scholarship as soon as possible.

Dallas Morning News"
    They can't give scholarships until the fall any way from what I understand, so I'll give Kliff the benefit of the doubt here over a kid moping after he lost the starting job.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And frankly, Mack Brown being all heart with Case McCoy was what ultimately got him fired.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    If that's the case then the dude is that much stranger. He went to Lubbock to fight for a scholarship yet fighting for a starting spot in the Spring is too much? Makes no sense tbh.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If that's the case then the dude is that much stranger. He went to Lubbock to fight for a scholarship yet fighting for a starting spot in the Spring is too much? Makes no sense tbh.
    Losing a full year of eligibility at OU playing behind Trevor Knight with no guarantee of scholarship there makes him really stupid.

He should have gone the juco route like everyone else does.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Losing a full year of eligibility at OU playing behind Trevor Knight with no guarantee of scholarship there makes him really stupid.

He should have gone the juco route like everyone else does.
    Or he coulve gone to CUSA. UTSA, Rice and North Texas just graduated their QBs. UTEP loses Showers after this year I believe.

Just a really dumb move on his part tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Brewer transferring too, thats two scholarship QBs+Mayfield. The is going on in Lubbick tbh.

Wouldnt mind if he came to UTSA actually.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Brewer transferring too, thats two scholarship QBs+Mayfield. The is going on in Lubbick tbh.

Wouldnt mind if he came to UTSA actually.
    QBs transferring because they want to be the starter is nothing new.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    QBs transferring because they want to be the starter is nothing new.
    Yeah, but three in one off-season ?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, but three in one off-season ?
    Yeah, it's about getting playing time. Not sure why this is a difficult concept for you.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's about getting playing time. Not sure why this is a difficult concept for you.
    I understand why theyre doing it dumbass. I'm saying three in one off-season is really unusual and probably cause for concern in Lubbick.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I understand why theyre doing it dumbass. I'm saying three in one off-season is really unusual and probably cause for concern in Lubbick.
    you're the only one concerned, dumb .

smh utsa

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    you're the only one concerned, dumb .

smh utsa
    God damn youre a dumbass.

Thread Information