Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M has had a ty defense for two seasons now.

Bama and Ole Miss have legit defenses. That wasn't a shootout.

Auburn has a legit defense this season.

Mississippi State's defense played well today. Aggy scored two late garbage TDs which didn't mean .

SEC has alot of young defenses due to the influx of guys going to the draft the last two seasons.

And the Big 12 has been touted as having good defenses in the past with OU, Texas, K-State, and even TCU. TCU and OU were supposed to be elite defensively this season and they are, but they both have very good offenses. I'm not afraid to admit that unlike you.
    Crofl legit defenses when they have barely played anyone with those joke ass schedules. And it's just not due to defenses being young. Big 12 spread offenses have come into the conference and dominated established SEC defenses.

Post Count
    Crofl legit defenses when they have barely played anyone with those joke ass schedules. And it's just not due to defenses being young. Big 12 spread offenses have come into the conference and dominated established SEC defenses.
    That's a bold face lie. Only A&M has brought their particular brand of style and Sumlin wasn't even at A&M the year before Aggy moved to the SEC. Missouri doesn't do anything differently compared to what Auburn and Florida had under Cam and Tebow.

Why couldn't OU dominate Florida's defense in the 2008 le game? That Florida defense was stacked as .

Ole Miss has as much speed on their defense compared to anyone in the country. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to their recruiting since Freeze took over. That defense is stacked.

Post Count
    What did Auburn's defense do to K-State's offense?

Post Count
    LSU's gonna finish last in the West.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's a bold face lie. Only A&M has brought their particular brand of style and Sumlin wasn't even at A&M the year before Aggy moved to the SEC. Missouri doesn't do anything differently compared to what Auburn and Florida had under Cam and Tebow.

Why couldn't OU dominate Florida's defense in the 2008 le game? That Florida defense was stacked as .

Ole Miss has as much speed on their defense compared to anyone in the country. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to their recruiting since Freeze took over. That defense is stacked.
    http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/20...review-offense

Uhh no. Missouri brought the same style and dominated with it.

Post Count
    http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/20...review-offense

Uhh no. Missouri brought the same style and dominated with it.
    They dominated one out of 3 years. They didn't do crap in year one and won't do crap this year, but they took advantage of a down year defensively in the SEC where a ton of teams lost alot of players after the 2012 season.

A&M's offense with Manziel would have dominated in any conference. They were an elite offensive team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Crofl SC being ranked in the top 10 to start the season and now losing to Kentucky

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    When the NFL draft occurs...watch how many SEC defenders go in the 1st round.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    re choosing defense first

It's re ed to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

Why would you choose defense in college football where you can't stop anybody?

Again. You choose defense first because why? You were giving up touchdowns that resulted in just 2 plays. Yeah you get an extra possession. What did Arkansas do wth it?

Smh amazing how many don't get it.

My Team
    Post Count
    Honest question...

Who would win on a neutral field? Texas or BYU? ( we already know the answer to that one)

How about LSU vs Texas? Yeah...that's a good debate question...let's do this. Who ya got dumbjohn?

My Team
    Post Count
    Wow...I was wondering what the you were doing with all the dumbjohn2008 quotes earlier. Just found them in last week's arkansas vs. A&M thread. It's official everything he says to me from now on (especially football) will be taken with a grain of salt.

Not knowing how college overtime works? Hey dumbjohn...you know why EVERY college coach in America elects to play defense first? Because it's the smartest thing you could possibly do...no wonder you don't understand it.

Just Wow...Smh amazing how many don't get it.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Cal: 60
    Wash St.: 59

PAC defense

My Team
    Post Count
    Cal: 60
    Wash St.: 59

PAC defense
    Just wait...djohn will try to tell you that Cal's and Wash St.'s offense is "much improved".

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Honest question...

Who would win on a neutral field? Texas or BYU? ( we already know the answer to that one)

How about LSU vs Texas? Yeah...that's a good debate question...let's do this. Who ya got dumbjohn?
    It's up to the Harden conference to schedule real games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's hilarious. SEC fan used to brag about conference domination now they have been reduced to "goddamn look at det SEC West division"

My Team
    Post Count
    It's hilarious. SEC fan used to brag about conference domination now they have been reduced to "goddamn look at det SEC West division"
    You ever figure out how college overtime works?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You realize the SEC West is still a part of the SEC right? Gosh you're a dumbass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You realize the SEC West is still a part of the SEC right? Gosh you're a dumbass.
    SEC fan bragged about the entire conference just like you did before Aggy joined

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    re choosing defense first

It's re ed to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

Why would you choose defense in college football where you can't stop anybody?

Again. You choose defense first because why? You were giving up touchdowns that resulted in just 2 plays. Yeah you get an extra possession. What did Arkansas do wth it?

Smh amazing how many don't get it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Tennessee holding Florida to 0 so far but then again Driskel is in the running for worst qb ever.
    Impossible.

Blake Bell accomplished that feat last year by a mile by getting solidly outplayed by Case McCoy.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    A&M has had a ty defense for two seasons now.

Bama and Ole Miss have legit defenses. That wasn't a shootout.

Auburn has a legit defense this season.

Mississippi State's defense played well today. Aggy scored two late garbage TDs which didn't mean .

SEC has alot of young defenses due to the influx of guys going to the draft the last two seasons.

And the Big 12 has been touted as having good defenses in the past with OU, Texas, K-State, and even TCU. TCU and OU were supposed to be elite defensively this season and they are, but they both have very good offenses. I'm not afraid to admit that unlike you.
    Sounds to me like what is being said is that defenses aren't based on conferences. It's based on personnel. Because there were years where OU had a very good defense (albeit 15 years ago) and years where Texas had some really good defenses, especially the 05 and 09 teams.

So I think this is why people get annoyed with SEC fans when Alabama and Florida have some good defenses and win NCs, and suddenly that means in SEC fans minds that the entire conference is stacked beyond imagination with defenses, and that even Ole Piss on a terrible year would get a shut out against the Reggie Bush/Matt Leinart USC squads of the mid 2000s.

Post Count
    Sounds to me like what is being said is that defenses aren't based on conferences. It's based on personnel. Because there were years where OU had a very good defense (albeit 15 years ago) and years where Texas had some really good defenses, especially the 05 and 09 teams.

So I think this is why people get annoyed with SEC fans when Alabama and Florida have some good defenses and win NCs, and suddenly that means in SEC fans minds that the entire conference is stacked beyond imagination with defenses, and that even Ole Piss on a terrible year would get a shut out against the Reggie Bush/Matt Leinart USC squads of the mid 2000s.
    Its always about personnel on defense. Not every team in the SEC has had stacked defenses year in and year out. Teams like Bama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and occasionally Auburn have had very good defenses though the last two seasons some of those teams have fallen off especially LSU, Georgia, and South Carolina. I think what has separated the SEC from other conferences in the past has been the amount of teams that have had very good defenses at once. Certainly it changes from year to year. Also teams from other conferences like OU, UT, FSU, etc have also had very good defenses that would match the SEC defenses. But the SEC compared to other conferences has more teams with very good defenses.

Thread Information