Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul is invincible. He continues to lead in the polls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Slanders Clinton

AP Presents Blatant Falsehood About Clinton Charity As An Open Question

He condemned Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose family foundation has raised more than $30 million for Haiti since the 2010 earthquake.
    "To me the most disgusting thing about the Clinton foundation is almost none of their money went to charity," Paul said, suggesting that only 6 percent of the Clinton Global Initiative's revenue went to charitable grants.

Considering all of the organizations affiliated with the Clinton Foundation, [Daniel Borochoff, president and founder of CharityWatch] said, CharityWatch concluded about 89 percent of its budget is spent on programs. That's the amount it spent on charity in 2013, he said.

We looked at the consolidated financial statements (see page 4) and calculated that in 2013, 88.3 percent of spending was designated as going toward program services -- $196.6 million out of $222.6 million in reported expenses.

We can't vouch for the effectiveness of the programming expenses listed in the report, but it is clear that the claim that the Clinton Foundation only steers 6 percent of its donations to charity is wrong, and amounts to a misunderstanding of how public charities work. [FactCheck.org, 6/19/15]

Overall, the foundation spends about 89 percent of its money on its charitable mission, according to the independent American Ins ute of Philanthropy. Based on that analysis, the watchdog group gave the foundation a rating of A for 2013, on a scale that goes to A-plus. Charity Navigator, the other leading group that rates charities, recently put the foundation on a "watch list" because of the negative press that has surrounded it. (That group has not issued a rating for the Clinton Foundation, saying the foundation's structure is too complex to grade.) [Washington Post, 6/2/15]

When most people in the charitable world think of foundations, they think of organizations that give away a lot of money in the form of grants to others who go out and do good works. The Clinton foundation works differently -- it keeps its money in house and hires staff to carry out its own humanitarian programs.
    [...]
    To offer some context, spending 88 percent of expenses on charitable programs, as the Clinton foundation says it does, would actually be pretty good by industry standards. Parsons said the average reported across all organizations in the National Center for Charitable Statistics is 81 percent -- equal to the Clinton Foundation's rate on its own -- and the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance suggests a minimum of 65 percent. "The foundation exceeds that," [Linda Parsons, an associate professor of accounting at the University of Alabama's Culverhouse College of Commerce] said. [PolitiFact.com, 4/29/15]

Fox News: Experts Say Clinton Foundation's Charitable Spending Percentage Is "Very Good." Fox News correspondent Eric Shawn debunked his colleagues' attacks on Clinton Foundation spending, reporting that claims that the foundation gives roughly 10 percent of its money raised to charitable endeavors is "actually incredibly misleading":
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201...ton-cha/205059

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    MediaMatters
    NewsBusters: Lib Edition

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky GOP votes to let Rand Paul run for his Senate seat in 2016 in case that President thing doesn’t work out

GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul on Saturday convinced Kentucky Republicans to allow him to run for reelection to his Senate seat while running for president, in case the latter doesn’t go his way.Poll numbers show Paul is far behind in the contest to win his party’s nomination, polling at 4.3%, behind Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush and Donald Trump, the current front runner, according to Real Clear Politics.

The Washington Post reports
    the process of getting Kentucky’s first presidential caucus together was rough, following Rand’s less-than-stellar summer of campaigning.

“I applaud the Republican Party of Kentucky on their decision to hold a caucus in the upcoming Republican presidential cycle,” Paul said in a statement, according to the Post. “The people of Kentucky deserve a voice as the GOP chooses their next nominee, and holding a caucus will ensure that Kentucky is relevant and participates early in the process.”

Paul personally attended the vote to lobby for the ability to run for president without jeopardizing his simultaneous campaign for Senate reelection, the Post reports.

In the end, Kentucky’s GOP central committee voted overwhelmingly to move from a primary to caucus system. This allows Paul to get around state laws forbidding candidates from appearing twice on the same ballot, Politico reports.

Paul has promised to fund the caucuses, which could run him a $500,000-plus price tag.

The Post reports Paul’s campaign for president thus far has been rocky. In August, the heads of his super PAC were indicted on bribery charges, and his performance in the first GOP debate didn’t improve his numbers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/kent...esnt-work-out/

KY jelly Repug assholes wasting their time supporting the LOSER asshole Paul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul, Republican presidential scrub, buys a special caucus in KY for a quarter mil so he can appear on two different ballots and skirt KY law, running for two offices at once. KY GOP accedes.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-and-senate-in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In essence, if he ponies up, he just bought an election.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    buy an election? no, just created and bought a KY presidential caucus in campaign where he doesn't have even a slim chance. Paul thinks he is "en led" to run for two offices at once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say he bought a victory. supposing he coughs up the quarter mil, he will have paid for a special presidential caucus that otherwise would not have been held.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand is bland. He's out.

Thread Information