Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it even announced for PC? I thought this might go the RDR route.
    Nah, nothing official. Some people found references in the code that would lead you to believe a PC version is in the works. You know a next generation console version has to come out, so it would only make sense to port over to PC also.

I'm referencing March as the rumor articles were being published the other day from some of the more reputable PC gaming sites, apparently they have reason to believe a March launch will be announced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic. PC gaming is a timesink like a previous poster stated. It's natural as you get older your sink gets smaller with a job and family to support which is way people view PC gamers as losers after a certain age. I would saaaaay if you have long PC gaming sessions and you're 27-45, 85% chance you are on the "lower ambition" side of the scale. I hate to use the term "loser".

The 15% includes - Accomplished richers and bachelors, the disabled, a marriage with a spouse that re-vovles around video games.
    Great write up. What are your thoughts on a 27-45 year old individual who has "long gaming sessions" on their console or cell phone?

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up. What are your thoughts on a 27-45 year old individual who has "long gaming sessions" on their console or cell phone?
    The comparision just doesn't make a dent when up against the horde of 27-45 pc gamers noobing it up with the other noobs. People die playing long sessions on the PC. I haven't heard a death yet from the console.

Is "noob" still a relevent term? It was when I was a PC gamer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comparision just doesn't make a dent when up against the horde of 27-45 pc gamers noobing it up with the other noobs. People die playing long sessions on the PC. I haven't heard a death yet from the console.

Is "noob" still a relevent term? It was when I was a PC gamer.
    Lmao, all credibility in the discussion lost with this post.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao, all credibility in the discussion lost with this post.
    Why is that?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did this turn into a PC vs Consoles thread? s should stick to the topic and scoff the ty XBox-One tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC's are more powerful than my phone, but I still play games on my phone.

I guess I would care more about really high-end graphics, but I get to see real boobs on a regular basis, so the photorealism of virtual boobs doesn't matter to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC gaming has lots of advantages over console gaming. That doesn't mean its better for everyone.
    Not trying to flame at all, but based on your posts thus far, I am assuming you will be getting a new console. I wanted to get your reasons as to why you plan on buying one. My personal reason for upgrading would be to get an experience I cannot get with the current system.

Games - MS and Sony have pledged support for current gen for the next few years. Top games will be available on current gen as well.

Access to the Marketplace, PS Store and online apps - Netflix, Youtube, etc. all available for current gen

Camera/Motion Controls - Available on current gen consoles

Sound - No breakthroughs in sound tech, sound will be the same 5.1 currently available with current gen

Community - Same online capability as current gen

The only clear cut advantage in getting a next gen console based on what I have mentioned would have to be the upgrade in graphics. If this is the case, I just can't see why a consumer would not want to get the best possible experience in relation to the graphical performance and would settle for a system that is already dated prior to being released. Not to mention you get a powerful PC out of the deal which can serve purpuse for several other things in addition to gaming. I mean the new controllers are improved, but does that help sway a decision to buy a completely new console?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, just stop with your crusade about how superior PCs are. No one gives a . We all know the pros and cons of each platform.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the correct nomenclature is "n00b"

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not trying to flame at all, but based on your posts thus far, I am assuming you will be getting a new console. I wanted to get your reasons as to why you plan on buying one. My personal reason for upgrading would be to get an experience I cannot get with the current system.

Games - MS and Sony have pledged support for current gen for the next few years. Top games will be available on current gen as well.

Access to the Marketplace, PS Store and online apps - Netflix, Youtube, etc. all available for current gen

Sound - No breakthroughs in sound tech, sound will be the same 5.1 currently available with current gen

The only clear cut advantage in getting a next gen console based on what I have mentioned would have to be the upgrade in graphics. If this is the case, I just can't see why a consumer would not want to get the best possible experience in relation to the graphical performance and would settle for a system that is already dated prior to being released. Not to mention you get a powerful PC out of the deal which can serve purpuse for several other things in addition to gaming. I mean the new controllers are improved, but does that help sway a decision to buy a completely new console?
    A ton of games will be PS4/Xbox one exclusive (FF, KH, Infamous, Killzone). Don't be disingenuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My PS3's blue ray drive has some trouble reading games 4 years in. Its a second bluray player and media streamer for our apartment that is easy as to set up. Its 400 dollars and is less of a pain to set up and maintain than a PC. Most importantly, don't count on games coming to the PC that I want to play and to play with friends that will own that system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people just can't help themselves. Have to turn console threads into how much PC gaming is better all the damn time. I don't understand why PC gamers have such an inferiority complex about their systems if they really are so much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did this turn into a PC vs Consoles thread? s should stick to the topic and scoff the ty XBox-One tbh.
    Never intended my original comment to lead to a PC vs Console thread, my original post was simply to point out the fact that they are both Jaguar based APU crap that has been dated long before their releases. It's a battle of which is the crappiest tbh. It evolved into a "vs" thread because I responded to the inaccurate or stereotypical "PC users are fat geeks hunched over a desk" type comments that were left, and others responded back to me.

And you're right, the claims of the Xbox One's performance in comparison to the PS4 are laughable. They are the Nintendo Wii of the next gen apparently. Ok, maybe not that bad.

Jesus Christ, just stop with your crusade about how superior PCs are. No one gives a . We all know the pros and cons of each platform.
    Yet you still felt the need to stop by and put your two cents in?

A ton of games will be PS4/Xbox one exclusive (FF, KH, Infamous, Killzone). Don't be disingenuous.
    This is a valid point. Console exclusives are a huge selling point, there just isn't enough of them IMO. I would love access to Madden, Forza, God of War, etc. but I have to take the good with the bad. Hopefully with the x86 architecture across the board, at least maybe I can get a PC Madden next year.

Some people just can't help themselves. Have to turn console threads into how much PC gaming is better all the damn time. I don't understand why PC gamers have such an inferiority complex about their systems if they really are so much better.
    I speak from the perspective of both sides. It's not a biased opinion whatsoever. I have owned nearly every major console from the NES on, I have the right as a longtime console gamer to on them now after transitioning to PC. I made the switch to PC less than a year ago. I guess the real question is why do console gamers get so butthurt when said PC gamer comes in leaves an anti-console remark?
    Last edited by DJR210; 09-25-2013 at 08:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, lol at this thread being our equivalent of the racial war over in The Club.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This..

Dafuq happened here. I posted this so we can on xbone.. >_>

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is my i7 870 + 6850 as good as a ps4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comparison I saw in regards to the next gen consoles PC equivalent was an i3 and 7850 IIRC. This was before claims surfaced of the the Xbox being so far below the PS4.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's irrelevant when you talk about consoles.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A lot of blast processing talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC vs console fight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im a lifelong PC gamer, the only console I ever had was a sega genesis that I got as a teenager living in China (after growing up in the states and saving up 50-60$ to but NES, SNES, and turbo grafx cartridges with the neighborhood crew, o 50 cent cartridges!)(ok, i also got an xbox at a garage sale but I only had it for a couple months and I wanted to play the exclusive oddworld games). So I'm biased. That said...

I last upgraded around 2010, and only in the past couple months have games come out that I cant max out in settings. I find myself pretty bored by most new games- part of it is because I dont have as much free time, but part of it is that Im tired of rehashing same / new graphics. I end up playing older games, emulated arcade/console classics, indies, or even the casual/smart phone games more than the AAA PC stuff (which makes my 580 total overkill 90% of the time)

Its especially bad because a lot of the shiny new stuff looks great but plays worse. Id rather have worse graphics if it comes at the expense of less control/fun.

Gamers need to stop rating games solely on their polygon count and "realism". Polygons shaders and lighting arent the only way to make a game look good (I think theyre called artists). And it drives up production costs so high that we only get hollywood style rehashes instead of fresh ideas.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC gaming has lots of advantages over console gaming. That doesn't mean its better for everyone.
    Exactly, is a different product, completely.
    I have both a console and a PC...and yes, before someone asks, my PC can run every game. Still, sometimes you just want to connect the console a play 2K in your couch with a beer. And maybe that same day, I want to hunt dragons in Skyrim...
    2K and Dragons...two different things...like PCs and consoles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, is a different product, completely.
    I have both a console and a PC...and yes, before someone asks, my PC can run every game. Still, sometimes you just want to connect the console a play 2K in your couch with a beer. And maybe that same day, I want to hunt dragons in Skyrim...
    2K and Dragons...two different things...like PCs and consoles...

I'm trying to decypher through your broken english, but If my translation is correct you're saying that you want a console to play 2k or Skyrim in a couch with a beer.. hmmm.. yeah, you would definitely need a console as PC's do not offer 2K, Skyrim, HDMI ports, wireless controllers, or condone the use of alcohol.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm trying to decypher through your broken english, but If my translation is correct you're saying that you want a console to play 2k or Skyrim in a couch with a beer.. hmmm.. yeah, you would definitely need a console as PC's do not offer 2K, Skyrim, HDMI ports, wireless controllers, or condone the use of alcohol.
    What Im saying is that games like Skyrim should be played in a PC,not a console. Off course, not everybody can have both...and many don't care.
    Games like 2K are the same, and its better, IMO, to play them in a console, which usually is connected to a TV near a couch.
    So, at the end, 2 different products that fulfill two different needs.
    Arguing that a PC is better than a console...well, apple and oranges.

Thats all Im saying...excuse my english, is not perfect, specially when I type quickly.

Thread Information