Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Day one update not just to have DVD and BD playback. Fancy paperweights until you install the mandatory update.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...to-do-anything

Millions of users trying to download at the same time
    Didn't they learn from Nintendo?
    Microsoft/Sony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awful... and they're probably gonna ask you everything short of your SSN to have the privilege to download the update in order to 'activate' your console.

Microsoft is especially notorious for this kind of , and they seemingly never learn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awful... and they're probably gonna ask you everything short of your SSN to have the privilege to download the update in order to 'activate' your console.

Microsoft is especially notorious for this kind of , and they seemingly never learn...
    Yup. You're gonna have people waiting for days to be able to download the update. So much for launch day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not to mention every other game released on both platforms.

But you gotta remember..sometimes people just want to have a beer and play some games on the couch..and nobody wants to have to deal with the hassle of drivers, and all of the other crap associated with PC's. I'll buy the crappier of the gaming options so I can have cool features like media streaming and paid DLC.

Didn't pay a cent for mine. Not hard at all.
    PM me the details then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PM me the details then.
    Who is that in your sig?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who is that in your sig?
    that LADY is Hannah Simone

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda ty launch lineup for both systems tbh. What game(s) are you planning to pickup at launch?

les at launch
    PlayStation 4: 16
    Xbox One: 23

Exclusive les

PlayStation 4: Deep Down; Driveclub; InFamous: Second Son; Killzone: Shadow Fall; Knack; Resogun; Shadow of the Beast; The Order: 1886.

Xbox One: Dead Rising 3; Forza Motorsport 5; Halo 5; Killer Instinct; Project Spark; Quantum Break; Ryse: Son of Rome; Sunset Overdrive; anfall.

I personally would buy a PS4 over the Xbox as it's more powerful and cheaper. I'm not too interested in their exclusive games, if I had to choose one of them it would probably be Infamous, but for sure I would pick up NBA 2k14 (non-exclusive of course).

For Xbox, I might pick up Forza as an exclusive, and Killer Instinct would be a sure thing as it's F2P.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    people outside waiting at best buy lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people outside waiting at best buy lol
    Wait 12 hours to come home and wait 12 hours or more to download day 1 update..smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait 12 hours to come home and wait 12 hours or more to download day 1 update..smh.
    That's only a problem if you didn't download the firmware beforehand, which Sony put online on their website. You just put it on a USB stick and you're good to go. Nonissue, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's only a problem if you didn't download the firmware beforehand, which Sony put online on their website. You just put it on a USB stick and you're good to go. Nonissue, tbh.
    This.. Already have the update on a usb stick..

Amazon already shipped mine should be here tomorrow. I'll be at work doe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, guess you're one of the "smart" ones. What game you gonna get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.. Already have the update on a usb stick..

Amazon already shipped mine should be here tomorrow. I'll be at work doe.
    With the way the consoles launch went last year with the RROD and the YLOD, I'm wary* in diving headfirst for a console this go-around. I'll wait for six months to a year for you early adopters to iron out the kinks. Hope you like the new system bro. You should have asked for the day off, I know I would have.

*edit*

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I hope those 2 free games on ps+ are still free when I get mine in a couple months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, guess you're one of the "smart" ones. What game you gonna get?
    I'm undecided if I'm going to buy an XBone or PS4... or to go the PC route. I'm not feeling these games right now. Only game I want right now is Dark Souls 2 which is going to be on the PS3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure patch downloads are actually P2P so there shouldn't be any issues with servers. In fact it would seem the more people are downloading it the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got BF4 or the PS4 but I'm not sure I'm picking up anything else until Second Son drops. Maybe 2k14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure patch downloads are actually P2P so there shouldn't be any issues with servers. In fact it would seem the more people are downloading it the better.
    It's not p2p. It's a Sony server. At least they learned from previous mistakes and allowed people to download from the site to a USB drive.

I'm undecided if I'm going to buy an XBone or PS4... or to go the PC route. I'm not feeling these games right now. Only game I want right now is Dark Souls 2 which is going to be on the PS3.
    Yeah the launch games are crappy, but usually the launch games are minus a couple of games. I'll more than likely be getting Dark Souls 2 as well, but will probably just download the torrent off TPB. I only buy the games I plan on playing online tbh.

I've got BF4 or the PS4 but I'm not sure I'm picking up anything else until Second Son drops. Maybe 2k14
    I have been a BF advocate since I "saw the light" on the BF franchise with Bad Company 2. After 3 came out I just lost interest in it and thought it was becoming more "CoDish". I haven't even played 4 yet minus the beta. I switched over to the Arma series and it's just so much more fun when cooperating with people online.

I agree with 2k14, that looks ridiculous. Only game that has made me even consider *shudders* purchasing a PS4, but I'll just wait til next year when they use the new engine on the PC as well. The current gen on PC doesn't look too bad as it is, plus I'm having a good time w/ the graphics mods, and the extra jersey's and people create for the game.
    Last edited by DJR210; 11-15-2013 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the launch games are crappy, but usually the launch games are minus a couple of games. I'll more than likely be getting Dark Souls 2 as well, but will probably just download the torrent off TPB. I only buy the games I plan on playing online tbh.
    that, From Software will get all of my monies. For as much time I've put in these games, the satisfaction I get from them as well as the frustration, I'll support those assholes til the day I die.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

banderas. Some cringe worthy right there.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    sup hypocrite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats one ugly ing gook no .

Thread Information