Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Novigrad has nothing but houses in Witcher 3.

I wonder if you get an achievement for boning every hooker in the game?

Immersion in fapping session ruined when Geralt walked through a dresser

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arggghhh, the Witcher 3 quest for winning unique Gwent cards in Skellige is bugged. I can't get Ermion to show up on the map to play his got ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn stopped playing witcher for a while. Am playing XCom Enemy Unknown. s easy until you attack the alien base. Now I have hordes of aliens bum rushing my squad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn stopped playing witcher for a while. Am playing XCom Enemy Unknown. s easy until you attack the alien base. Now I have hordes of aliens bum rushing my squad
    Hey man, how high of an overclock have you gotten on your 970 Strix? My 970 sucks for overclocking (EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0), and I think your's has much better power delivery.

Witcher 3 is starting to get tedious now. I'm level 26 and all the quests I have left recommend a level of like 16. The game is starting to feel like closing Oblivion gates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I hated the oblivion gates.

I will try to over lock that soon as I get a chance. But d guy at d store said yeah thIs GPU is barely stretching its legs so its prime for overclocking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Witcher 3 has some really ing demented quests.
    LOL, there's one where you throw a baby into a lit oven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, there's one where you throw a baby into a lit oven.
    conversation w/ yourself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conversation w/ yourself?
    None of y'all other mother ers got anything interesting to say in this thread tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 is starting to get tedious now. I'm level 26 and all the quests I have left recommend a level of like 16. The game is starting to feel like closing Oblivion gates.
    Starting to get the same vibe. I was level four once I moved out of the starting area and couldn't do . Leveling felt like a chore because there was very little I could do other than the main storyline. After getting the hang of things, I have the opposite problem. I'm leveling too quickly, I have a journal full of grey quests, and gear becomes obsolete the moment Geralt puts it on. I haven't even traveled to Skelige yet because there is still so much to do in Velen/Novigrad. But if I don't, I'm afraid there will be nothing but grey quests/enemies when I do get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody play the expansion yet? Can't seem to get myself to complete the main game. It just kind of got boring. I've out leveled everything in the game it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All consoles + handhelds + PC master race

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody play the expansion yet? Can't seem to get myself to complete the main game. It just kind of got boring. I've out leveled everything in the game it seems.
    Witcher 3 ended up becoming pretty good again once I moved back onto the main quest. I just got burned out with all the side missions.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Tired of shooting at pixels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't had motivation to play this since the week it came out. I think I'm lievel 5 or 6. I really want to like it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't had motivation to play this since the week it came out. I think I'm lievel 5 or 6. I really want to like it though.
    You shouldn't have to want to like a game man. If you think it sucks there are a million others out there worth trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't have to want to like a game man. If you think it sucks there are a million others out there worth trying.
    Yeah for sure. Ithink i might just be growing out of video games in general. Hopefully Fallout 4 is good, I put tons of hours into skyrim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL consoles

http://www.techworm.net/2015/11/play...nications.html

Forget VOIP, Facebook Messenger, Google Chat, WhatsApp, the new communication device for terrorists is PlayStation 4

Friday’s gruesome attacks on ordinary Parisians has left not only 128 dead and scores injured, it has also left the world dazed at the ease with which the IS affiliated attackers could strike in the heart of Paris some 4100 kms far from Syria where IS is based.

Not only the attacks show that the terrorists had advanced arms and munitions, but also high level logistical support they received. To coordinate such a mass terrorist effort needs a powerful communicating device which is hidden from the authorities monitoring the IS communications 24×7. From the primary reports it seems that the IS terrorists have used one of the most popular gaming console in the world, Sony ’s PlayStation 4.

While France and its partner countries search for accomplices of the terrorists who assisted by providing logistical support, a raid in nearby Brussels reportedly provided evidence that included at least one PlayStation 4 console.

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon said that the PS4 is by used ISIS agents to communicate, and was selected due to the fact that it’s notoriously hard to monitor. “The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from [the Islamic State]and other hate preachers,” Jambon said last Friday, according to Brussels weekly, the Bulletin. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp.”

PlayStation’s IP-based voice systems are difficult to monitor compared to traditional forms of communication such as mobile phones and computers. And terrorists could send messages to each other within PlayStation games without speaking or typing a word. However, it remains unclear how the PS4 actually helped the terrorists in Paris during the fateful night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now it all makes sense why you're a PS4 fanboy tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    consoles
    platform for terrorists

PC Master Race will never support terror

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, this has been debunked, tbh... They used regular SMSs...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...were-starting/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did mention some trickery...

But the console can definitely do real 4K, 60 fps (4k video is limited to 30 fps though IIRC)... One of the projects we're working on for it is true 4k, no tricks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should expect native 4k. My GTX 970 can't even lock to 30 fps at medium settings in Witcher 3, and it's quite a bit faster than the GPU used in PS4 Good Version (which uses a downclocked RX 480).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the "extra" cost of the PC? Let's see how much you spend in one year on subscription fees, nickel and dime DLC opposed to a real mod community, and full cost, no sale games. I must have saved hundreds this year alone picking up top games on ^^nosteam^^ sales. How long do you need to wait for greatest hits sales from Sony or MS? 2 years or 20 million sales? Forget that , I got Max Payne 3 for free a couple of months after release on the CODEX Xmas sale. That adds up quick.
    fify bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should expect native 4k. My GTX 970 can't even lock to 30 fps at medium settings in Witcher 3, and it's quite a bit faster than the GPU used in PS4 Good Version (which uses a downclocked RX 480).
    Architecturally, it's very different than your run of the mill PC, tbh... you could only really compare it if your CPU and GPU shared the same GDDR5 memory.

On a normal PC, you have to load up all the data to RAM, then to the video card. On the PS4, it's loaded straight up in GPU memory. It's not the first console to do that, but it's one of the tricks that consoles can get away with. For games like the Witcher or GTA, which constantly stream data to the GPU, it's a big plus.

What really sets the PS4 back is the CPU, tbh... the SIMD is crappy, the bandwidth from the CPU to the GDDR5 memory is not very good, the L2 cache is shared among 4 cores (so you get 2x L2 caches for 8 cores, so it's pretty easy to starve the cache), the branch predictor is single-level, instead of multi-level like newer Intel processors.

So the gain of bandwidth in loading/streaming GPU data makes up a bit for the underpowered GPU, but if your game has some critical CPU-bound stuff (and we know things like physics are still largely done on the CPU), you just lose the edge.

The Pro has the CPU clocked a bit faster, but some of that stuff is still a problem.

Like if you could build the same architecture with an i5 + same GPU, it would be so much faster, it's not even funny. Even with 4 cores (1 for the OS and 3 for the games).

Thread Information