Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He beat 36-year-old Trent Green, 33-year-old Steve McNair, a Patriots team that relied on Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel as offensive threats, and Rex Grssman to win that Super Bowl.... he's damn lucky that Marlon McCree choked and the Saints got blown out in the NFC le game that year, tbh, one of the least impressive championship runs ever

Once he had to face a real team in the Super Bowl, he shat himself in the clutch, including throwing a game-icing pick-six per the usual, tbh....

Bottom line is that Peyton turns into a pussy every year in the playoffs, he has repeatedly choked even against scrubs such as Mark Sanchez and Billy Volek.... even Jay Fiedler, Big Rape, and the Philbilly have sonned Peyton in the postseason.... he needs his brother Elite to teach him how to be clutch in the playoffs
    Ravens were 13-3 and the #1 seed in the AFC... he went into Foxborough and had a big comeback win, and then he went on to beat the Bears who that season had probably the best defense we've seen since the 2000 Ravens. Manning goes up against opposing defenses, not QB's.

i'm sure Lamar Smith's 40 carries for over 200 yards had nothing to do with the Miami game. all Fiedler and his 3 picks...

brady also lost to Sanchez, Rookie Flacco, and Jake Plummer.

I like how you just casually threw in Big Ben on that list of QB's as if he's some slouch and as if those Steeler teams/defenses were a joke. You of all people know how good the mid 2000's chargers were. shoulda made the superbowl a couple of times tbh. i'm sure if in the earlier part of his career, if Manning was allowed to play game manager like a true winner like Brady, he would have had better luck too.

and don't you forget that Elite Manning threw a game icing pick in the first superbowl against the Pats, but Asante dropped it
    Last edited by spurraider21; 09-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The fact that Peyton actually had to come back against that Patriots team is embarrassing, imagine what would have happened if Marty, Kaeding, and McCree didn't completely choke on and he had to play the Chargers that year, a team he has traditionally choked against....

Brady has had his fair share of playoff embarrassments lately, but we're talking about Peyton here, not Brady....

Denying Elite's clutchness.... he delivered clutch drives in the Super Bowl when his team was the underdog both times.... his second time around, he carried statistically the worst team in Super Bowl history through the playoffs to a ring.... meanwhile, Peyton fails yearly with stacked teams....

Post Count
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...tallyns/13438/

Peyton would get that team to the playoffs and lose immediately.... Elite carried them to a ring....

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i would think LeBron's Cup would be more sympathetic for Peyton. they have quite a few similarities tbh

Post Count
    Not really, tbh.... LeBron carried a horrible team to the Finals, Peyton fails with stacked teams.... LeBron is dominant in Game 7's, Peyton is a career choke artist.... LeBron is the consensus best player in his sport, it's been debatable whether Peyton is even the best at his position (Rodgers and Brady have made a legit case for best quarterback)....

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Chargers were the #1 seed in 2006. The Bears defense comment i hope was a troll attempt.

New England lost to a second-year Flacco, but he was awful that game and didn't need to do anything after the first quarter

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^yeah thats my bad. it was the 05, not the 06 bears that were downright dominant

and the flacco thing was making a point. by bringing up that manning lost to so and so quarterbacks, i was trying to demonstrate that its not usually relevant who the opposing qb was, but rather, the opposing defense.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I never understand why Clipper Nation is so thirsty for Lebron to blow a load down his throat, splattering his tonsils, yet tries to on Peyton all the time when they are somewhat similar players. Though I don't remember Peyton quitting on his team the way Lebron did his last playoffs with Cleveland. Even the infamous pick 6 against the Saints, I'm not sure if that was Reggie's fault for running a horrible route or Peyton's throw, who as we know now was losing more arm strength since the 2006 Phillip Daniels neck bend. I guess he could've been mainlining HGH like Lebron but not sure that would've helped his neck.

Either way, Peyton's playoff losses are well do ented. He's had some incredible games in the playoffs, some mediocre ones and of course some ty moments. I wouldn't say those last few years with the Colts were stacked by any means. Taking a Jim Caldwell coached team to the SB should put you in the HOF imo.

I could be wrong, but I believe Peyton was the only QB to go through the number 1, 2 and 3 ranked defenses on his way to the SB, so while his stats on that run weren't spectacular, he deserves credit for having to face great Ds. IMHO, I think his playoff victory over the Ravens in 2006 was his greatest playoff game, even though his stats were ugly and needed Money Viniatieri a lot. That Ravens D was brutal and I think they were primed to win the SB that year. Manning made a few clutch throws and 3rd down conversions that sealed a game they had no business winning.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    I never understand why Clipper Nation is so thirsty for Lebron to blow a load down his throat, splattering his tonsils, yet tries to on Peyton all the time when they are somewhat similar players. Though I don't remember Peyton quitting on his team the way Lebron did his last playoffs with Cleveland. Even the infamous pick 6 against the Saints, I'm not sure if that was Reggie's fault for running a horrible route or Peyton's throw, who as we know now was losing more arm strength since the 2006 Phillip Daniels neck bend. I guess he could've been mainlining HGH like Lebron but not sure that would've helped his neck.

Either way, Peyton's playoff losses are well do ented. He's had some incredible games in the playoffs, some mediocre ones and of course some ty moments. I wouldn't say those last few years with the Colts were stacked by any means. Taking a Jim Caldwell coached team to the SB should put you in the HOF imo.

I could be wrong, but I believe Peyton was the only QB to go through the number 1, 2 and 3 ranked defenses on his way to the SB, so while his stats on that run weren't spectacular, he deserves credit for having to face great Ds. IMHO, I think his playoff victory over the Ravens in 2006 was his greatest playoff game, even though his stats were ugly and needed Money Viniatieri a lot. That Ravens D was brutal and I think they were primed to win the SB that year. Manning made a few clutch throws and 3rd down conversions that sealed a game they had no business winning.

People just ignore that. Peyton's defenses also blew a 4th quarter lead 5 times in the postseason IIRC. We also forget the Garcon drop in the Saints SB that would have made it 17-3.

Post Count
    I never understand why Clipper Nation is so thirsty for Lebron to blow a load down his throat, splattering his tonsils, yet tries to on Peyton all the time when they are somewhat similar players.
    They aren't, though

I'd actually compare LeBron to Dan Marino.... the biggest difference, though, is that LeBron changed his situation when Cleveland was screwing him over, whereas Marino stayed loyal to a franchise that never quite put the right team around him, tbh....

The funny thing is, I used to defend Peyton, but after that horrible pick in OT last year against the Ravens, it was abundantly clear that he's just a choke artist, tbh.... if he doesn't ring this year, that label is pretty much cemented for life....

Though I don't remember Peyton quitting on his team the way Lebron did his last playoffs with Cleveland.
    Putting up a triple-double in the deciding game while injured is quitting?

I guess he could've been mainlining HGH like Lebron but not sure that would've helped his neck.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They aren't, though

I'd actually compare LeBron to Dan Marino.... the biggest difference, though, is that LeBron changed his situation when Cleveland was screwing him over, whereas Marino stayed loyal to a franchise that never quite put the right team around him, tbh....

The funny thing is, I used to defend Peyton, but after that horrible pick in OT last year against the Ravens, it was abundantly clear that he's just a choke artist, tbh.... if he doesn't ring this year, that label is pretty much cemented for life....

Putting up a triple-double in the deciding game while injured is quitting?

so if he wins a SB, you're back on his bandwagon? please. even if he doesn't win with the Broncos, his reputation will take a hit obviously, but he's still the regular season GOAT, and that counts for something.

Comparing him to Lebron is stupid, you are right, Peyton never colluded with 2 all stars to save his legacy.
    "DWade, help me, I need that big brother guidance."

If he wanted the easy path, he would've joined the Niners when we were wanting him, that would've been a cluster for the NFL.

Your Chargers were imo, the biggest chokers of this past decade. No excuses for that son, in fact I'd say Peyton did more with less than anyone associated with those Charger teams.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    People just ignore that. Peyton's defenses also blew a 4th quarter lead 5 times in the postseason IIRC. We also forget the Garcon drop in the Saints SB that would have made it 17-3.
    good memory, i forgot about that Garcon drop. was unacceptable.

Tbh, I think the most disappointing year for Peyton was 2005, bar none. set the TD record, their defense was finally very good. Then Coach Dungy's son commits suicide, and that team was deflated. I knew then that they would either come together and win the whole thing or unravel, and it was unfortunately the latter. Of course having the great Jim Caldwell as your interim coach wasn't a recipe for success either.

They could've beat the Steelers but Vanderjagt shanked a FG like I've never seen. That year was Manning's biggest letdown imo, but who knows how things would've been differently if Dungy was around, though not like Dungy's playoff record was great either.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Peyton is obviously more like Kobe. Some playoff chucking, but carrying his team most of the way. He'll also come back from seemingly career ending surgery to lead his team to the Super Bowl.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count

Partner I don't know how you question Clipper Nation's homerism toward Leroid James. I thought was very transparent already.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Partner I don't know how you question Clipper Nation's homerism toward Leroid James. I thought was very transparent already.
    I know CN loves Lebron, that's fine. I've given Lebron his props on here and in real life many times. I just think ting on Peyton when defending Lebron's dubious moments is questionable and worthy.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Peyton is obviously more like Kobe. Some playoff chucking, but carrying his team most of the way. He'll also come back from seemingly career ending surgery to lead his team to the Super Bowl.
    kobe is more like cam newton tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I've never been a big Manning defender, but since he's blowing up the record books on my team right now, I will happily do so.

Back before Elway won his first Super Bowl, everyone used to say that a QB needed to win a Super Bowl to be considered the best ever. Then Elway won and everyone changed the prerequisite to "you have to win multiple Super Bowls".

Then Elway won his second and everyone just said, "well Montana is better anyway". Then Brady won three Super Bowls and everyone started the "Brady vs. Montana" argument.

It's Coastal Bias. Manning will never be the best ever because sports media exists on the East or West Coast respectively and people like us believe everything we hear.....even when we don't know it or admit it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Also, speaking of East Coast bias....why the am I still hearing so much about the Giants and Jets on sportstalk? Let those teams die like they are doing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    "There are people who know football, and then there are those who say Peyton Manning isn't that great and cite his playoff record as proof."

yahoo sports power rankings dropping a truth bomb

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    "There are people who know football, and then there are those who say Peyton Manning isn't that great and cite his playoff record as proof."

yahoo sports power rankings dropping a truth bomb
    I saw that too.....first thing I thought of was spurstalk

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    indeed

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Ravens were 13-3 and the #1 seed in the AFC... he went into Foxborough and had a big comeback win, and then he went on to beat the Bears who that season had probably the best defense we've seen since the 2000 Ravens. Manning goes up against opposing defenses, not QB's.

i'm sure Lamar Smith's 40 carries for over 200 yards had nothing to do with the Miami game. all Fiedler and his 3 picks...

brady also lost to Sanchez, Rookie Flacco, and Jake Plummer.

I like how you just casually threw in Big Ben on that list of QB's as if he's some slouch and as if those Steeler teams/defenses were a joke. You of all people know how good the mid 2000's chargers were. shoulda made the superbowl a couple of times tbh. i'm sure if in the earlier part of his career, if Manning was allowed to play game manager like a true winner like Brady, he would have had better luck too.

and don't you forget that Elite Manning threw a game icing pick in the first superbowl against the Pats, but Asante dropped it
    I just read this but that sentence is entirely wrong.

San Diego were the top seed that year at 14-2. Baltimore were a very good team, but the Colts didn't score a TD and relied on 5 FGs plus great defense which forced a McNair INT inside the 5 yardline.

The comeback against New England was in Indy, not Foxboro. And part of the deficit was a pick six early in the game.

The Bears defense was very good, but not great. They weren't the best defense in that league that year. New England and the Ravens had better defenses that season. The Bears defense the year before was much better. The 2002 Bucs defense was much better than the 2006 Bears defense.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

San Diego were the top seed that year at 14-2. Baltimore were a very good team, but the Colts didn't score a TD and relied on 5 FGs plus great defense which forced a McNair INT inside the 5 yardline.

The comeback against New England was in Indy, not Foxboro. And part of the deficit was a pick six early in the game.

The Bears defense was very good, but not great. They weren't the best defense in that league that year. New England and the Ravens had better defenses that season. The Bears defense the year before was much better. The 2002 Bucs defense was much better than the 2006 Bears defense.
    yep... i've been wrong before, i'm sure i will be again.

i didn't really go into the colts/ravens game though, at least not in that post. but when you say the pats and ravens had better defenses, its still telling that the colts got by both those teams. outscoring the pats 32-13 in the second half was still something impressive

Post Count

Exactly.... it's hilarious how people continue to spin that postseason as if Fivehead wasn't choking as usual and getting carried by his defense to his only ring against a ridiculously weak Super Bowl opponent.... he also got lucky that the Chargers, who had his number in Indy, choked that year....

Thread Information