Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's on record saying the Spurs didn't believe in him, said the Spurs might have won their fifth NBA le if coach Popovich played him more, has made it known he has the first Mavs-Spurs game circled in his calendar and even Mavs owner Mark Cuban has said Blair will punish San Antonio this coming season.

Via Sports Day DFW:

“Like everybody else who doesn’t play, it’s very disappointing,” he said. “But I knew I was going to a new team and somebody else was going to take advantage of the potential I had. So to me it’s not a big deal.
    “It’s going to be fun being on the opposite team and playing with the Mavs (in the rivalry with San Antonio). They didn’t give me anything when I was there. I mean, the fans gave me everything. But everything else, it is what it is. I just look for us to get a win (when the Mavs play the Spurs).”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair says Spurs ‘didn’t give me anything’

Posted on October 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm by Dan McCarney

Dallas forward DeJuan Blair continues to hold a grudge against his former club. (Express-News)

SAN ANTONIO — DeJuan Blair is at it again, taking yet another shot at his former club. This time he complained that the Spurs “didn’t give me anything” during his four seasons in San Antonio before signing with Dallas after receiving scant interest in free agency.
    Blair’s full comment, courtesy of the Dallas Morning News:

“Like everybody else who doesn’t play, it’s very disappointing. But I knew I was going to a new team and somebody else was going to take advantage of the potential I had. So to me it’s not a big deal.
    “It’s going to be fun being on the opposite team and playing with the Mavs (against the Spurs). They didn’t give me anything when I was there. I mean, the fans gave me everything. But everything else, it is what it is. I just look for us to get a win (when Dallas plays the Spurs).”

In reality, the Spurs gave Blair 166 starts after drafting him 37th in the 2009 draft, when 25 franchises had already passed on the undersized power forward from Pittsburgh.
    It took three seasons, but Gregg Popovich finally determined that Blair’s strengths — effective finishing around the rim, rebounding — weren’t nearly enough to offset his weaknesses, particularly on the defensive end. With Blair on the court, the Spurs’ performance consistently dropped at both ends.

2009-10: minus 0.8 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 1.3 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2010-11: minus 0.7 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 1.9 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2011-12: minus 7.4 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 2.6 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2012-13: minus 6.7 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 3.6 points per 100 possessions on defense

In comparison, the Spurs played better on both ends last season with Blair’s replacement in the starting lineup, Tiago Splitter. With veteran Boris Diaw providing a more versatile option off the bench, there simply wasn’t any reason to continue playing Blair.
    As such, he played more than 500 fewer minutes while his starts dropped from 62 to 16. The Spurs, meanwhile, jumped from 10th to third in defensive efficiency while coming within seconds of beating Miami in the Finals.
    Something else to consider: If the Mavericks were that excited to sign Blair, they probably wouldn’t have let him languish for more than a month on the open market, and they probably would have offered him a better deal than just one year for the assumed minimum of just under $1 million.
    So as satisfying as it might be to take swipes at his former club, Blair should probably put the onus where it belongs: His own shortcomings.
    Post-assist finger point: Project Spurs
    Statistics: Basketball Reference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Blair

What the f*ck he is thinking? He's the superstar in this team? Spurs gave everything to you, it's just you're undersized. I hope you stop being a delusional. You should be thankful. Isn't it when free agency comes you struggled looking for your second team? Stop ing about the Spurs. Thanks for the ride though.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a butthurt, crying got. They gave your ass almost four million dollars when the rest of the NBA passed on you in the draft( your dumbass owing 53k to a jeweler). As was cited above, they gave you a bunch of ing starts but you still didn't learn how to defend, develop a reliable outside shot or grow another four inches. You got given all the opportunity in the world. You even quit rebounding. I hope one of your ing knees explodes the first game into the season you ungrateful son of a .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the Popsuckers trashing on Blair and wishing him failure just because Lord Pop did not like him. What a bunch of hypocrites.
    Oh, the anger from the Popsuckers is starting to emerge because DeJuan Blair has defied Lord Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a butthurt, crying got. They gave your ass almost four million dollars when the rest of the NBA passed on you in the draft( your dumbass owing 53k to a jeweler). As was cited above, they gave you a bunch of ing starts but you still didn't learn how to defend, develop a reliable outside shot or grow another four inches. You got given all the opportunity in the world. You even quit rebounding. I hope one of your ing knees explodes the first game into the season you ungrateful son of a .
    Exactly this. Blair should be grateful he's even in the NBA because of the Spurs. Oh well, they won't regret letting go of him anyway. Baynes, Ayres, Bonner >>>> Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair wouldn't even be in the NBA if it weren't for the Spurs. ing scrub should be more appreciative, acting like the Spurs owe him something. Maybe if he wasn't such a scrub he would work on his game and learn how to at least play decent defense.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright Pop lovers. Who was a better player? Malik Rose or DeJuan Blair? Malik developed a jump shot before Pop put him in the doghouse for being too short. I'm guessing the answer will be Malik since he won a ring? I'm very intrigued in what the Popsuckers have to say. Since Pop hated both men, I'm guessing that you'll probably have mutual feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair says Spurs ‘didn’t give me anything’

Posted on October 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm by Dan McCarney

Dallas forward DeJuan Blair continues to hold a grudge against his former club. (Express-News)

SAN ANTONIO — DeJuan Blair is at it again, taking yet another shot at his former club. This time he complained that the Spurs “didn’t give me anything” during his four seasons in San Antonio before signing with Dallas after receiving scant interest in free agency.
    Blair’s full comment, courtesy of the Dallas Morning News:

“Like everybody else who doesn’t play, it’s very disappointing. But I knew I was going to a new team and somebody else was going to take advantage of the potential I had. So to me it’s not a big deal.
    “It’s going to be fun being on the opposite team and playing with the Mavs (against the Spurs). They didn’t give me anything when I was there. I mean, the fans gave me everything. But everything else, it is what it is. I just look for us to get a win (when Dallas plays the Spurs).”

In reality, the Spurs gave Blair 166 starts after drafting him 37th in the 2009 draft, when 25 franchises had already passed on the undersized power forward from Pittsburgh.
    It took three seasons, but Gregg Popovich finally determined that Blair’s strengths — effective finishing around the rim, rebounding — weren’t nearly enough to offset his weaknesses, particularly on the defensive end. With Blair on the court, the Spurs’ performance consistently dropped at both ends.

2009-10: minus 0.8 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 1.3 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2010-11: minus 0.7 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 1.9 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2011-12: minus 7.4 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 2.6 points per 100 possessions on defense
    2012-13: minus 6.7 points per 100 possessions on offense, plus 3.6 points per 100 possessions on defense

In comparison, the Spurs played better on both ends last season with Blair’s replacement in the starting lineup, Tiago Splitter. With veteran Boris Diaw providing a more versatile option off the bench, there simply wasn’t any reason to continue playing Blair.
    As such, he played more than 500 fewer minutes while his starts dropped from 62 to 16. The Spurs, meanwhile, jumped from 10th to third in defensive efficiency while coming within seconds of beating Miami in the Finals.
    Something else to consider: If the Mavericks were that excited to sign Blair, they probably wouldn’t have let him languish for more than a month on the open market, and they probably would have offered him a better deal than just one year for the assumed minimum of just under $1 million.
    So as satisfying as it might be to take swipes at his former club, Blair should probably put the onus where it belongs: His own shortcomings.
    Post-assist finger point: Project Spurs
    Statistics: Basketball Reference
    I was just gonna post the link, you beat me to it. Anyway, what a stupid guy. The franchise drafted him, gave him a lot of minutes (initially), but he didn't do anything to better himself. So what makes it the spurs' fault? Dumb POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLAIR....... That is all. He is on the enemy now and I hope he sucks everytime he plays us. He is a bitter .

OH YEAH I HOPE AYRES or whatever his name is now plays against him and blocks the out of him in a game this year.
    I was just gonna post the link, you beat me to it. Anyway, what a stupid guy. The franchise drafted him, gave him a lot of minutes (initially), but he didn't do anything to better himself. So what makes it the spurs' fault? Dumb POS
    He developed that stupid FLOATER! You know the one he tried to use 100 times everytime he was in the game late! The one that was so ugly you cringed when he shot it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLAIR....... That is all. He is on the enemy now and I hope he sucks everytime he plays us. He is a bitter .

OH YEAH I HOPE AYRES or whatever his name is now plays against him and blocks the out of him in a game this year.

He developed that stupid FLOATER! You know the one he tried to use 100 times everytime he was in the game late! The one that was so ugly you cringed when he shot it.
    Agreed. But fwiw, that stupid floater did piss off Dwight Coward, so that was cool lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just glad this idiot is gone. He'll be without a job in a year because he sucks

YOU Blair

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the anger from the Popsuckers is starting to emerge because DeJuan Blair has defied Lord Pop.
    Alright Pop lovers. Who was a better player? Malik Rose or DeJuan Blair? Malik developed a jump shot before Pop put him in the doghouse for being too short. I'm guessing the answer will be Malik since he won a ring? I'm very intrigued in what the Popsuckers have to say. Since Pop hated both men, I'm guessing that you'll probably have mutual feelings.
    you, and Blair. Go be a Mavs fan if you love Blair so much.
    He got 166 starts and proved jack . Dispute that!
    You act much more like a Mavs fan anyway, than you ever do a Spurs fan!

You accuse people on here of being Popluvers and Manu lovers just because they are non-biased and rational and thusly disagree with you. Blair is being justly criticized for his own words and actions! Period!
    The defense suffered whenever he played. Dispute that!
    So go yourself and all your Mav buddies.
    We don't want you here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with 'Lord Pop', but more that he's the an hesis of what we, as fans, covet in a Spurs-type player. Look at Neal's departure; there's no vitriol, no anger. He played the minutes that he earned and he worked to integrate himself into the system. Blair went the wrong route by trying to change what he was. This whole thing that he's creating, this hugely uneven rivalry, is something that we all expected when he found a new team. If he was ing about the Spurs WHILE HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, one can only assume he'd be even more stupid once he departed. He's going to have a difficult time finding a job after this season, if he even makes it through.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ......................@ blair haters ....................... replacing blair with dice in the playoffs = suns sweep grizzlies 1st round exit ....................... blair deserved playoff playing time..................... bonner/splitter/diaw will never have 2 30/20 games............................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They drafted him when no one else would, and paid him late first round pay, as if they hadn't traded their pick that year, but picked him there.

Yeah, they did nothing for Blair.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    They drafted him when no one else would, and paid him late first round pay, as if they hadn't traded their pick that year, but picked him there.

Yeah, they did nothing for Blair.

What an ungrateful brat. Keep running your mouth off Blair. See where it gets you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ all the Blair haters. All u got is weak ass 3 year old whataburger jokes. Face it, it was a mistake taking him out of the rotation. Beast is gonna drop a triple double on us!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ all the Blair haters. All u got is weak ass 3 year old whataburger jokes. Face it, it was a mistake taking him out of the rotation. Beast is gonna drop a triple double on us!!!!!!
    From the MYSA article [minuses on offense are bad, pluses on defense are bad] :

When Blair was on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan Blair plans to have fun against Spurs

Posted by Inside Hoops

Here’s the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on DeJuan Blair of the Dallas Mavericks, who may be quite excited to battle his former team:
    If there’s ever a player who wears his emotions on his sleeves, it’s DeJuan Blair.
    And right now, the Dallas Mavericks’ center is walking around with a lot of pin-up emotions.
    Blair is still steamed at the way the San Antonio Spurs treated him last season. Especially since they barely played him at all against Miami during the NBA Finals in a series Blair believes he could have helped the Spurs win if given the chance to play.
    Thus, when Blair became a free agent, signed a one-year, $884,293 contract with the Mavs, and then saw that their first game against the Spurs was today, he made a big fat circle around it on his calendar.

Kawhi U Gotta Be Lyk Dat Spurs_Be_Beastin''s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he even playing tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair tonight: "Look Pop, Rick benches me better."

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Even Mavericks owner Mark Cuban got into the act, because hey, Mark Cuban.

“We already know what DeJuan is going to do to the Spurs,” he gloated. “It’s going to be a beautiful thing.”
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-dejuan-blair/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Blair go for 30pts 20rebs 10blks and never get close to that again, until they play us again.

Thread Information