Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious to see what the average rates are going to be and with more standardization in plans it should be much easier to do cost analysis.

I am curious to see what effect it will have on the budget.

I am curious to see how it is going to effect health care access for the uninsured and the major public health metrics.

That is how I will judge Obamacare. I don't care about a software launch problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way unless you live in the middle of an asbestos plant.
    When I was selling plans over 10 years ago that wasn't an outrageous monthly cost for a 26 year old female at all. I don't think it is now unless premiums have dropped. And well, thats pretty much impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, IIRC, EPO plans are no longer legal under ACA, due to the lack of mandated minimum coverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, not sure if it was EPO plans... I know there was a fairly cheap plan most individuals in NJ used to get, but it's no longer legal under ACA...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to know what language they wrote the web application in, which http server, which database, where is it all hosted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a piece of that's not ready for prime time
    is that your personal experience with the system?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Busy website has problems first day online"

Wow!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I was selling plans over 10 years ago that wasn't an outrageous monthly cost for a 26 year old female at all. I don't think it is now unless premiums have dropped. And well, thats pretty much impossible.
    group1 is 1 of way too many licenses I have. $135/month is high especially when paying
    the fine and waiting till you get sick before buying ins. is so much less expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    group1 is 1 of way too many licenses I have. $135/month is high especially when paying
    the fine and waiting till you get sick before buying ins. is so much less expensive.
    I would agree to the extent of the first, maybe even second year, and there's no emergency hospitalization needed.
    Once the penalty creeps up percentage wise, I'm not sure the math adds up anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the penalty was set way too low and then way to slow a ramp up. It should have been set equal to the avg annual premium for the person and his state or region.

That way you lose the money BUT you still don't have insurance.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Obama sux at IT. Point Red Team!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the GTA V servers are having problems tonight, Rockstar decided to end the gaming franchise permanently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol freedom

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now we have conservatives advocating paying for other people's medical care if they don't have insurance..I guess darrins errrr Antichrist now is fine with paying for my heathcare.. since he opposes making other people pay for their own...what a bizzarro world we live in now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now we have conservatives advocating paying for other people's medical care if they don't have insurance..I guess darrins errrr Antichrist now is fine with paying for my heathcare.. since he opposes making other people pay for their own...what a bizzarro world we live in now

One of the few times I've seen you post something other than "Great thread". Kudos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare's rough IT day: Is anyone surprised?

From an IT perspective it was clear these exchanges were going to be a disaster.

• Insurers, the government and states have to sync databases that typically don't communicate with each other well.
    • The project is largely dependent on the Federal government, which has a poor record of delivering IT implementations on time and on budget. You can spend a lifetime reading General Accountability Office reports on IT disasters.
    • The Oct. 1 launch is a beta at best. You may want to consider these networked exchanges to be more alpha if anything.
    • Legacy systems abound.

What's going to be interesting going forward is determining when the general public really cares about IT failures. Obamacare may be an interesting test case, but won't provide anything definitive. The effort is so politically charged that a sizeable chunk of the population will cheer if these exchanges never work.

http://www.zdnet.com/obamacares-roug...e539&ttag=e539

IT support for ACA is the perfect opportunityh for Repug states to sabotage ACA, actively or passively, as more of their bogus proof that govt is ed up when the Repugs it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • The project is largely dependent on the Federal government, which has a poor record of delivering IT implementations on time and on budget. You can spend a lifetime reading General Accountability Office reports on IT disasters.

Well, no . Kinda the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, no . Kinda the point.
    the IT systems for govt are largely delivered by huge private contractors (IBM Federal Systems, SAIC, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are tons of problems with this law. Any rational person acknowledges that.

Wouldn't it be nice, though, if even 15% of the time and effort Tea Partiers have spent in trying to abolish it would have spent in fixing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kathleen Sebelius is a person I knew maybe twenty years ago or so. She was inept then and has not improved, imo. She is a die-hard left wing kool-aid drinker who hates anything having to do with corporate America and I am glad that she is being shown up for the imbecile she is. She and AG Holder are far and away the worst appointments made by Obama.

Having said that, the country needs Universal Health Care. I wish this law provided it but it doesn't.

Did I mention that I am not too fond of the Secretary of Health and Human Services?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are tons of problems with this law. Any rational person acknowledges that.

Wouldn't it be nice, though, if even 15% of the time and effort Tea Partiers have spent in trying to abolish it would have spent in fixing it?
    Any system targeting and trying to accomodate 50M people must be complex, will NEVER be right from startup,and will be tweaked FOREVER.

Now add in 50 states, over half of which are re ing or sabotaging ACA, and you can have a real mess. and CHANGE is always hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any system targeting and trying to accomodate 50M people must be complex, will NEVER be right from startup,and will be tweaked FOREVER.

Now add in 50 states, over half of which are re ing or sabotaging ACA, and you can have a real mess. and CHANGE is always hard.
    I really wasn't even talking about the start-up issues, b_d. I agree with that. My point was that we would all be better off FIXING the thing than beating up on it. I wish the Tea Partiers would f$%#&ing GOVERN rather than just piss on everybody and everything that is not them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tea baggers are hate/destroy-govt anarchists (but non nihilist, there's method and objectives in their anarchy), doing the bidding of the 1%/UCA that have privileged positions now, want to CONSERVE and increase their privileges. ing up, weakending, destroying govt is the best way for the privileged to proctect and increase their privileges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only something like 30 of the 232 House Republicans are "tea baggers", so I don't know why people think they have so much power.

Also, the GOP did TRY to add a bunch of admendments to ACA, but they weren't so successful.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...deas-of-Democ/

Ironically, ONE of the amendments that would require members of congress to enroll in any govt-run plan that was created, was shot down by Dems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are bad parts of the law. Health Insurance exchanges are certainly not one of them. Not sure why anyone would want this to fail.

Thread Information