Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1846
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have a bunch of networks with different ranges of liberal bias, and then you have fox with the ridiculous, over the top conservative bias. but when you tally it all up... you can tell who is winning the spin game

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    you have a bunch of networks with different ranges of liberal bias, and then you have fox with the ridiculous, over the top conservative bias. but when you tally it all up... you can tell who is winning the spin game
    Don't discount all of the extreme left wing boutons clonebots running rampant on the internet as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shocking

what an absolutely ty 16 years of presidency this will have been.
    false equivalence. 6 years of Repugs ing up, obstructing Obama and the Dems, while still trying up ACA, CFPB, SEC, IRS, EPA, etc, are vastly superior to the 8 years of disaster, still ongoing for many more years, from the dubya and head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't discount all of the extreme left wing boutons clonebots running rampant on the internet as well.
    there are also wild cobras running around. i'm telling you, those two on ST are great political caricatures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    false equivalence. 6 years of Repugs ing up, obstructing Obama and the Dems, while still trying up ACA, CFPB, SEC, IRS, EPA, etc, are vastly superior to the 8 years of disaster, still ongoing for many more years, from the dubya and head.
    this is why i call him Oblamo

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Your semen shield needs a cleaning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News from those pill-popping THE S, who actually LIKE TO , and CAREFREE! :

"The proportion of privately insured U.S. women who paid zero dollars out of pocket for oral contraceptive pills increased sharply,
    from 15% to 67%, between the fall of 2012 (before the ACA’s contraceptive coverage requirement took effect for most women) and the spring of 2014.

Because we are A Lady, and therefore cannot do math good, we don’t know for sure, but that sounds like a lot! And it’s not just that more women are saving money on birth control pills; more women are saving on vaginal rings, injectable contraceptives, and IUDs too.

This analysis shows that the contraceptive coverage guarantee under the ACA is working as intended. Large numbers of women are now able to obtain highly effective birth control methods without co-pays or deductibles, making it easier for them to choose the method they can use most consistently and effectively to avoid an unplanned pregnancy."

http://wonkette.com/560732/all-the-lady-americans-are-saving-money-on- -pills-thanks-obama

"
    avoid an unplanned pregnancy
    " ?? sounds like a great way to AVOID ABORTIONS!

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Sounds like a great way to increase the transmission of STD's as well!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another anti-ACA Repug flip-flopping to support Medicaid/ACA because he needs votes more than he needs Kock Bros $Ms and blind sociopathic ideology.

Hypocrite Rick Snyder now touting Medicaid expansion he originally fought

Now facing an extremely tight race, and hoping that the voting population of Michigan has short memories, Snyder is bragging about the program's success.

LANSING — Gov. Rick Snyder on Tuesday touted Michigan's successful Medicaid expansion as part of his re-election bid, saying 63,000 more low-income adults have signed up than projected this year, with 3 ½ months left. […]
    His embrace of a key component of the federal health care law roiled conservative activists. But Snyder's campaign is hoping expanded Medicaid's appeal among the broader electorate helps him in November.

Schauer can remind voters of Snyder's tea party past. That and the fact that, "it took him a long time to get [expansion] done. It cost the state $600 million or so," in lost Medicaid money alone.

Schauer is not going to let Snyder claim this political win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Administration announces 7.3 million paid Obamacare enrollments, Republicans whine

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa held yet another "oversight" hearing on Thursday, trying to find something, anything that smelled like an Obamacare scandal. Instead, he got the gut-punch of finding out that there are officially 7.3 million paid up enrollees, beating the Congressional Budget Office's prediction of 6 million.

And it's more bad news for Republicans, who were absolutely certain a few months ago that Obamacare would be such a dud that none of those 8 million people would stick with it.

Let's revisit a bit.

Here's Issa in May: "I think the important thing is that 20 percent to 33 percent are signing up and then not paying, which means that the 7 million figure was never 7 million or close to it." That statement came out with the release of a completely fabricated report the Republican Energy and Commerce Committee cooked up to "prove" that only 67 percent of people paid their first premium, so instead of 8 million enrollments, there'd be something like 5.5 million.

And don't forget House Speaker John Boehner, who confidently claimed in March that "When you look at the 6 million Americans who have lost their policies and some—they claim 4.2 million people who have signed up—I don't know how many have actually paid for it—that would indicate to me a net loss of people with health insurance. And I actually do believe that to be the case.”

Republicans in the hearing tried to downplay the number (and Politico dutifully reports their skepticism) with a "yeah, but" kind of rejoinder. Issa tried to say the 7.3 figure was a "precipitous drop," (ignoring that it beat his own projection) and

Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) said that for "the past five months, the administration has been silent on enrollment details for the president’s healthcare law, and now we know why: the number was going down." Nice try there, boys, but that's one dead talking point.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...?detail=email6

ah, the schadenfreude, danke schoen, Repugs!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terri Lynn Land pledges to take health insurance away from 630,000 Michiganders

"I pledge, if elected, to vote for all bills which seek to REPEAL the health care bill, HR 3590, signed into law on March 23, 2010.*To that end, I would now and will in the next Congress endorse and vote for all measures, including discharge pe ions, leading to its defunding, deauthorization, and repeal.

I shall do so whether those measures are taken for the whole of the bill or those component parts that impose mandates, restrict patient and doctor choice and access, violate individual freedom and privacy, reduce healthy compe ion, increase costs, or raise taxes."

as of last week, 245,000 Michiganders have private insurance through Obamacare, and 385,000 have Medicaid.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...8Daily+Kos%29#

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New census data shows desperate need for health care in red states

Seven of the 11 large metro areas where the uninsured rate was higher than the 14.5 percent national average last year are located in states that refused to expand to Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. Two are in Florida, three are in Texas, and the others are Atlanta and Charlotte, North Carolina.

The metro area with
    the highest uninsured rate was Miami, at a staggering 25 percent, compared to the national low of 4 percent in greater Boston. […]

According to the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, those decisions not to expand the program will leave 4.8 million people uninsured.

More than
    1 million of them live in Texas, 764,000 are in Florida, 409,000 are Georgia residents and 319,000 live in North Carolina.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...s?detail=email

Thanks,
    Repugs! And congrats on suckering a hard-core base that's too ing stupid to know its getting screwed by the Repugs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks To Obamacare, Hospitals Will Save Nearly $6 Billion This Year

Hospitals will save $5.7 billion in uncompensated care costs this year, thanks to the fact that people are gaining insurance under Obamacare and are now able to pay their bills, according to a new report from the Department of Health and Human Services. Compared to what hospitals would have likely needed to pay without the law’s coverage expansion, that represents a 16 percent drop in costs.

The report finds that there are now fewer uninsured people going to the emergency room and being admitted to the hospital — which translates into big savings for hospitals. Since people without insurance typically don’t have any means to cover their medical bills, the cost of their treatment ends up falling on the hospital itself.

The Obama administration’s findings echo previous evidence that the health law is contributing to a drop in uninsured patients visiting the ER, and ultimately providing a boost to hospitals’ bottom lines.

But those gains aren’t being shared equally across the country. According to HHS, three-fourths of the total uncompensated care savings — $4.2 billion — comes from the states that have agreed to expand their Medicaid programs under Obamacare, an optional provision of the law that seeks to extend coverage to additional poor Americans with incomes up to 138 percent of the federal poverty line.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014...-care-savings/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little-Noticed Obamacare Provision Insuring Hundreds Of Thousands Of Kids In Red States

Florida and Texas — two states in which GOP lawmakers refused to expand Medicaid for adults — broadened coverage for children earlier this year and enrolled thousands of youngsters, according to a survey conducted by Kaiser Health News.

Since the beginning of the year, more than 200,000 children enrolled in Texas’ Medicaid program — more than 75 percent of whom most likely transferred from the state’s Children’s Insurance Program (CHIP), the federal-state program for families with incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid but too low to afford private insurance. Florida experienced a similar e in enrollment, with 137,000 new children joining — more than 62,000 of whom counted among former members of the state’s CHIP program.

Experts ascribe the growth in enrollment among youngsters to a little known provision of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that requires states to expand coverage to children between the ages of six and 18. Children in 21 states — most of which are controlled by Democrats — received coverage under Medicaid. This year, California led the charge, covering nearly 750,000 youngsters.

The positive trend in Medicaid enrollment among low-income children shows promise of changing the health outcomes of a group that experts say often misses opportunities to diagnose serious health conditions early. Right now, more than 5 million people — nearly 10 percent of whom are children — don’t have health insurance.

The uninsured stand the most likely to have their health decline upon discovery of a chronic disease, due to a lack of follow-up care and the burdensome cost of medication, according to a 2012 Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation report.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014...-for-children/

simplistic checkers-playing Repugs get their boards wiped clean again by chess-playing Obama!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nasty redstate Indiana looks like its another one whoring itself out to fed $Bs

GOP Gov Wants Personal Meeting With Obama On Medicaid Expansion

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-03-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama mocks Fox dead-enders for still calling Obamacare a threat to civilization

"There's a reason fewer Republicans are preaching doom on deficits—because the deficits have come down at almost a record pace, and they’re now manageable.

There's a reason fewer Republicans are running against Obamacare–because while good, affordable health care might seem like a fanged threat to the freedom of the American people on Fox News, it’s working pretty well in the real world," Obama told students at Northwestern University, to applause.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/02/1333912/-Obama-Fox-vs-the-real-world?detail=email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly Four Times More People Signed Up For Obamacare Than Watch Fox News

Fox News had a record setting third quarter in 2014. The conservative news network was the most watched channel on all of cable. 1.77 million people watched Fox News’ primetime lineup. 1.045 million people watched Fox News during the day. Fox News grew 10% in total viewers over the same period in 2013. Cable news viewership overall continued to plunge as Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC combined attracted under 3 million primetime viewers.

Conservatives love to tout the success of Fox News as proof that America is a right-wing nation, but Fox can’t hold a candle to the success of the Affordable Care Act. 7.3 million people have enrolled in the ACA. All total the law is estimated to be providing 26 million Americans with access to affordable healthcare.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10/...iticus+USA+%29

ouch! and that's with red states blocking their Fox watching citizens, poor, white, rural, old, clutching the Bibles and guns bitterly, from getting Medicaid.

Now that word is getting around the ACA is working, overcoming somewhat the non-stop Repug/FOX LIES (don't them much anymore, do we?), expect a few million more to sign up in the 2 months ahead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Billing Errors, Varying Procedure Costs Create Environment For Excessive Medical Debt

A new report from financial-advice company NerdWallet found that about 63% of Americans have received a medical bill that was more than they expected, The Atlantic reports.
    While for the most part the increased costs were a result of billing errors, other issues such as inconsistent costs for procedures and surprise add-ons wreak havoc on consumer’s financials.
    Peter told the Atlantic that he was prepared for a majority of the costs associated with a procedure to fix a herniated disk. However, when the final bill came, he was shocked to find an additional charge of $117,000 for an “assistant surgeon,” an out-of-network doctor added at the last-minute.

http://consumerist.com/2014/10/08/re...-medical-debt/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans Are Burdened By More Than $21 Billion In Medical Debt

Even with the expansion of insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, many American households face heaps of medical debt, according to a new study. A report released by consumer assistance agency NerdWallet Health on Wednesday finds that Americans pay three times more in third-party collections of medical bills annually than that of bank and credit card debt combined.

The results of an online survey of more than 2,000 American adults in August, along with public and private sector reports, show that more than 60 percent of Americans have ac ulated medical costs that surpassed their expectations. Nearly three out of four people surveyed also said that they could have made better medical decisions had a doctor reviewed the cost of medical care beforehand.

Both American families and the federal government have taken the brunt of spiraling medical costs. In 2012, patients doled out more than $21 billion for medical bills to third-party collection agencies. This year, according to NerdWallet’s estimations, American hospitals are expected to provide more than $50 billion worth of care for which the insurer or patient will not pay.

Other research has confirmed similar findings. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in four American households have ac ulated thousand of dollars in medical debt. Forty percent of people in that group said they haven’t made payments as of yet. Researchers said the majority of these costs derived from emergency room visits and medical procedures for which patients received charges that far exceed its market value.

“Most consumers would be shocked to learn that health care expenses are the largest category of consumer debt in collections,” Christina LaMontagne, lead author of the NerdWallet Health study, told ThinkProgress.

For example, Californians pay nearly $300,000 for an inpatient stay for severe intestinal bleeding, while the same stay would cost a patient in Arkansas just $5,400.
    Billing errors, unexpected additions and varying procedure costs are just a few reasons why 1-in-5 – or about 51 million – consumers find themselves being contacted by a debt collection agency about medical debt, NerdWallet reports.
    While it can be tough to plan ahead for accidents, NerdWallet advises consumers to educate themselves on their health insurance coverage and to audit their own bills to avoid falling into medical debt purgatory.
    “The system that Americans trust for their medical care is not very trustworthy when it comes to their finances,” says Christina LaMontagne, general manager of health for NerdWallet and author of the recent study. “Many Americans think they are getting the greatest care in the world, and yet the American household is more indebted to the medical system than ever before.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/10/08/3577171/americans-medical-debt-study/

Just another way Human-Americans are looted non-stop. America is ed and un able.

$15K/year for health insurance, and people wonder why Human-Americans have no savings at age 65??

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-09-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medicaid, Often Criticized, Is Quite Popular With Its Customers

Low-income people in three Southern states were recently asked whether they preferred Medicaid or private insurance. Guess which one they picked?

A study published in the journal Health Affairs found that poor residents of Arkansas, Kentucky and Texas, when asked to compare Medicaid with private coverage, said that Medicaid offered better “quality of health care” and made them better able to “afford the health care” they needed.

But repeated surveys show that the program is quite popular among the people who use it.

A 2011 survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 86 percent of people who had received Medicaid benefits described the experience as somewhat or very positive.

A slightly more recent Kaiser survey showed that 69 percent of Americans earning less than $40,000 a year rated the program important to them or their families.

Michael Perry, a pollster at the left-leaning public opinion firmPerryUndem, has found that Medicaid tends to rank higher on satisfaction than private insurance.

“It’s surprisingly popular,” said Mollyann Brodie, Kaiser’s top pollster. She’s been surveying the public about at udes on Medicaid for years and has seen the program get high marks for more than a decade. “Conventional wisdom is that it shouldn’t be, but it actually is.”

Studies have also found that Medicaid rates highly among the public at large. A majority of people told Kaiser pollsters that the program was important to them and their families. That’s perhaps not a surprise. Medicaid is now the country’s largest health insurance program, covering some 67 million Americans.

Repeated surveys have shown that a majority of Americans support the program’s expansion as part of the Affordable Care Act.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...eaths-suggest/

"conventional wisdom"?

... perverted by the non-stop trashing by the VRWC/Repugs/hate-meida.who LIE to people that govt has NO role, that EVERYTHING is done better by gouging Americans for profit.

Repugs anti-ACA/anti-Medicaid is just another case where Repugs are AGAINST the American majority, as with anti-abortion, anti-LGBT, etc, etc.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-11-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Georgians Want Medicaid Expansion as GOP Legislators Fight Against It

The poll also found that an even higher percentage of residents have a positive view of the Medicaid program. Among those surveyed, 75 percent said they believe Medicaid is very important for health care, and 91 percent say Medicaid is an important program for the state.

States that expanded Medicaid under the ACA in 2013 and 2014 have seen sharp declines in their uninsured rate, while the percentage of uninsured in Georgia has only dropped from 22.4 percent to 20.2 percent during that time.

Data released by the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey found that seven out of 11 major metropolitan areas with rates of uninsured people higher than the national average are in states that have refused to expand Medicaid. That includes Atlanta.

Gov. Nathan Deal (R) in 2012 said he would not expand Medicaid to cover an estimated 650,000 low-income residents because he said it would be too expensive—a common Republican charge despite the federal government’s commitment to cover costs during the expansion’s first few years and most of the costs beyond that.

Georgia lawmakers claim that expanding Medicaid would cost anywhere from $2 billion to more than $4 billion over the next ten years. The Georgia Budget and Policy Ins ute estimates that the expansion’s positive effect on tax revenue would reduce the overall cost, and that expansion would only cost the state $350 million over the next decade.

Georgia lawmakers this year refused to expand Medicaid during the legislative session, instead passing legislation that prohibits legislators from even advocating for Medicaid expansion. Georgia joined 22 other states that have refused federal funds to expand Medicaid.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...ality+Check%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Million Low-Income Texans Fall Into ACA ‘Coverage Gap,’ With No Help in Sight

the so-called coverage gap. Think of the ACA as a free federal car that states have to drive, but they can opt out of getting one with seat belts. The seat belts are paid for, just as the Medicaid expansion is paid for. But the State of Texas wants the car without seat belts, because state leaders believe seat belts would limit their freedom.

The Medicaid expansion, which would have covered Texans who make up to 138 percent of the federal poverty level, is an integral part of Obamacare’s design, says Anne Dunkelberg, associate director at the Center for Public Policy Priorities.

“The ACA is written with the assumption that the poorest uninsured really need to have a different kind of system,” Dunkelberg told RH Reality Check, “because they can’t afford the kind of cost sharing that a traditional insurance model requires.”

Back in 2012, when Gov. Rick Perry first started making noises about refusing the expansion, public health experts had a hard time believing Perry wouldn’t ultimately take the federal funds, saying it was just too good a deal to pass up.

“If you smooth it out over time, it’s a 90 percent federal match for services for a huge amount of low-income residents, but it’s also for city and state governments, nonprofits, health-care agencies, hospitals,” the University of Chicago’s Dr. Harold Pollack told RH Reality Check in the summer of 2012.

But now the health insurance marketplace is live, and Texas has adamantly refused not only the Medicaid expansion, but a modified so-called Texas Solution to the Medicaid problem that was proposed during the last legislative session by one of its most conservative state lawmakers.

In a state that already has some of the most stringent Medicaid eligibility requirements, and where nearly a quarter of residents are uninsured (Texas has the highest rate of uninsured adults in the entire country), Texans are swiftly falling into the coverage gap.

In numbers, this means families of three who make more than about $3,700 per year but less than about $20,000 per year will see no change in their ability to afford health insurance under Obamacare.

And Texas won’t enroll any childless adults under 65 in Medicaid, period.

That means any individual making less than about $11,500 per year qualifies neither for Medicaid nor for an ACA insurance subsidy.

In fact, the only people who qualify for Medicaid in Texas are poor children, pregnant people, some disabled adults, and the state’s very, very poorest parents—parents who make no more than 15 percent of the federal poverty level.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...help-in-sight/

all y'all rednecks tell us yet again what a GREAT PLACE that REPUG Texas is!

Lines Blur as Texas Gives Industries a Bonanza

Under Mr. Perry, Texas gives out more of the incentives than any other state, around $19 billion a year, an examination by The New York Times has found. Texas justifies its largess by pointing out that it is home to half of all the private sector jobs created over the last decade nationwide. As the invitation to the fund-raiser boasted: “Texas leads the nation in job creation.”

Yet the raw numbers mask a more complicated reality behind the flood of incentives, the examination shows, and raise questions about who benefits more, the businesses or the people of Texas.

Along with the huge job growth, the state has the third-highest proportion of hourly jobs paying at or below minimum wage. And despite its low level of unemployment, Texas has the 11th-highest poverty rate among states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/us...anted=all&_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JUSTICES TO HEAR New Challenge To HEALTH Law

The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear a new challenge to the Affordable Care Act, potentially imperiling President Obama’s signature legislative achievement two years after it survived a different Supreme Court challenge by a single vote.

The case concerns tax subsidies that currently help millions of people afford health insurance under the law. According to the challengers, those subsidies are being provided unlawfully in three dozen states that have decided not to run the marketplaces, known as exchanges, for insurance coverage.

If the challengers are right, people receiving subsidies in those states would become ineligible for them, destabilizing and perhaps dooming the law.

The Obama administration said it would mount a vigorous defense in the Supreme Court.

“This lawsuit reflects just another partisan attempt to undermine the Affordable Care Act and to strip millions of American families of tax credits that Congress intended for them to have,” said Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary. “We are confident that the financial help afforded millions of Americans was the intent of the law and it is working as Congress designed.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/08...-law.html?_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say the SCOTUS5 are going to kill ACA, overriding the OBVIOUS intent of the law to subsidize people's insurance in states that didn't run their own exchanges.

By taking this case, they prevented the DC circuit hearing the case en banc, the entire set of judges, where Dem-appointed judges are in the majority.

But, no surprise, that's why the Repugs put these extremist, activist assholes on SCOTUS, to up Americans while protecting/enabling/enriching the 1%/VRWC/BigCorp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say the SCOTUS5 are going to kill ACA, overriding the OBVIOUS intent of the law to subsidize people's insurance in states that didn't run their own exchanges.

By taking this case, they prevented the DC circuit hearing the case en banc, the entire set of judges, where Dem-appointed judges are in the majority.

But, no surprise, that's why the Repugs put these extremist, activist assholes on SCOTUS, to up Americans while protecting/enabling/enriching the 1%/VRWC/BigCorp

You mad bro?

Thread Information