Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which debt limit or budget fight had the Dems demanding the destruction of a major Federal program unrelated to the debt limit or budget number?

That isn't an answer to his question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, they knew it was "catastrophic", but unanimously voted against raising the debt limit (symbolically, of course).

By your own definition, Obama and his fellow dems were extremists. Sorry you don't like the label.
    Wow. You're actually pretty dense. Denying that failure to raise the debt celing will have catastrophic effects on the economy is the extreme point of view. Knowing the debt ceiling increase will pass with or without your vote and voting against it is a protest vote. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what else to tell you man. You just lack basic reasoning skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still bull .

Trying to pass a bill attached to debt limit is totally different from killing an already passed MAJOR LAW (not a proposed bill), 4 years old, that has been ruled Cons utional and approved by a national "referendum" in the 2012 that defeated Bishop Gecko and his kill-ACA platform plank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which debt limit or budget fight had the Dems demanding the destruction of a major Federal program unrelated to the debt limit or budget number?

That isn't an answer to his question.

They aren't demanding its destruction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't demanding its destruction.
    defunding ACA, effectively destroying it, is what the VRWC/Repug/tea baggers have been targeting for 3 years and $200M and is what they DEMANDED until even Cruz The Cracked admitted it was impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defunding ACA, effectively destroying it, is what the VRWC/Repug/tea baggers have been targeting for 3 years and $200M and is what they DEMANDED until even Cruz The Cracked admitted it was impossible.
    They want to delay the individual mandate -- just the way Obama delayed the employer mandate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should've delayed the ACA implementation, tbh. Evidently, $634 million and three years advance notice wasn't sufficient.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want to delay the individual mandate -- just the way Obama delayed the employer mandate.
    the employers said they weren't ready, but the individual mandate is fundamental to the ACA and NOT NEGOTIABLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Stewart was asking the same "extreme" question -- over and over and over, with no real answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should've delayed the ACA implementation, tbh. Evidently, $634 million and three years advance notice wasn't sufficient.
    Crazy talk

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many people signing up would it take for darrins errr antichrist to say the rollout was a success? I assume you have a number in mind considering you started the thread about the number of folks signing up... when is it considered a success?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many people signing up would it take for darrins errr antichrist to say the rollout was a success? I assume you have a number in mind considering you started the thread about the number of folks signing up... when is it considered a success?
    24 million enrolled. That's only half of the 48 million uninsured, so I'm being generous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 million enrolled. That's only half of the 48 million uninsured, so I'm being generous.
    in the first week?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not. But at the current rate...? Yikes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RomneyCare took almost 2 years to reach asymptotic level of enrollments. Same with the Repugs DISASTROUS launches of corporate welfare, unfunded Medicare Part D and unfunded Medicare Advantage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RomneyCare took almost 2 years to reach asymptotic level of enrollments. Same with the Repugs DISASTROUS launches of corporate welfare, unfunded Medicare Part D and unfunded Medicare Advantage
    Do you know what an asymptote is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not. But at the current rate...? Yikes.
    so then you started this thread prematurely? or are you just a partisan clown?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so then you started this thread prematurely? or are you just a partisan clown?
    What started prematurely was the rollout of ACA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what an asymptote is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What started prematurely was the rollout of ACA.
    so this is a dumb premature thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A rambling, Greasy Wasserman Schultz clears things up.

And she throws another "GOP are arsonists" analogy in, just for good measure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A rambling, Greasy Wasserman Schultz clears things up.

And she throws another "GOP are arsonists" analogy in, just for
    I find it amusing how upset you get over people calling the tea bags extremists, arsonists, terrorists, etc. you're really emotionally attached to the tea potty, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it amusing how upset you get over people calling the tea bags extremists, arsonists, terrorists, etc. you're really emotionally attached to the tea potty, huh?
    Actually, I think a lot of them are ass clowns, but I don't think they are terrorists, arsonists, anarchists, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    so this is a dumb premature thread...
    Yes. Completely out of line. What type of jackass would create a thread about this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...bates/2940207/

If you have purchased health coverage on the federal government's new Obamacare marketplace, about a dozen or so reporters would like to speak with you. We promise we won't take up too much of your time!
    We just need to find you first.
    The federal government has said that somewhere out in this vast country of 313 million people, where 48 million lack insurance coverage, someone has managed to sign up for health insurance on the federally-run marketplaces. As of yet, we haven't tracked this person - or these people - down.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hem-quite-yet/

Alas, the administration managed to turn the experience for most of those visitors into a nightmare. Websites crashed, refused to load, or offered bizarre and incomprehensible choices. Even though the system was shut down for repairs over the weekend, Monday's early reports continued to suggest an epic screw-up.

Park said the administration expected 50,000 to 60,000 simultaneous users. It got 250,000. Compare that with the similarly rocky debut seven years ago of exchanges to obtain Medicare drug coverage. The Bush administration projected 20,000 simultaneous users and built capacity for 150,000.

That's the difference between competence and incompetence.

The too-much-demand excuse also is less than the full story. In addition to grossly underestimating demand, the administration and its contractors seem to have made mistakes in building the websites. The system for verifying consumer iden y has had persistent problems, as have pull-down menus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACA rollout 'Nothing short of disastrous'

Thread Information