Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,826 to 1,846 of 1846
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACB mentioned "severable" a couple weeks ago.

I guess that's how they will rule, saving ACA, but they could also rule, like Roberts mortally did with Medicaid expansion as state option, to hurt ACA as much as they can w/o killing it.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-10-2020 at 12:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Seems pretty clear that Roberts and beer keg are going rule the mandate uncons utional but they’re not going to gut the rest of the law.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems pretty clear that Roberts and beer keg are going rule the mandate uncons utional but they’re not going to gut the rest of the law.
    Roberts wanted to last time until Ginsburg traded the Medicaid expansion for it. Now he gets both eliminated.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Roberts wanted to last time until Ginsburg traded the Medicaid expansion for it. Now he gets both eliminated.
    Definitely not how it sounded during oral argument today.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That theory about trading also doesn’t make sense. Roberts had the votes to gut the entire act in 2010 if he wanted to, and Ginsburg dissented his majority opinion on the Medicaid expansion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roberts is removing his "states option" of Medicaid expansion?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kavanaugh was surprisingly even more demonstrative than Roberts in voicing his displeasure with the idea that SCOTUS was being asked to gut a 900 page law because Republicans intentionally made one of its provisions uncons utional with an amendment. Gorsuch is a wild card on severability, Barett’s questioning was just as stupid and incoherent as Thomas was, while Alito’s questioning was more dishonest and made in bad faith than it was stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kavanaugh was surprisingly even more demonstrative than Roberts in voicing his displeasure with the idea that SCOTUS was being asked to gut a 900 page law because Republicans intentionally made one of its provisions uncons utional with an amendment. Gorsuch is a wild card on severability, Barett’s questioning was just as stupid and incoherent as Thomas was, while Alito’s questioning was more dishonest and made in bad faith than it was stupid.
    The claim is weak because Congress had full capacity to gut the entire law, but they decided to gut just the mandate. That's clear evidence to the court that gutting the law was not what Congress intended.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The claim is weak because Congress had full capacity to gut the entire law, but they decided to gut just the mandate. That's clear evidence to the court that gutting the law was not what Congress intended.
    Especially given that not only did Congress have full capacity but it had voted against gutting the law as part of the same session. Gutting the mandate came after it tried to gut the entire law and failed. The fact this case even needed to reach SCOTUS because of a ridiculously corrupt 5th circuit is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, are we going to get to see the affordable, wonderful Republican health care plan?

Is it still two weeks away?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, are we going to get to see the affordable, wonderful Republican health care plan?

Is it still two weeks away?
    If there is anyone I expect to see a Republican healthcare plan out of, it's ing Biden. So maybe 3 weeks out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is anyone I expect to see a Republican healthcare plan out of, it's ing Biden. So maybe 3 weeks out.
    Damn, dude.

Welcome back to the bummer universe. It's like we never left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, dude.

Welcome back to the bummer universe. It's like we never left.
    I have no illusions whatsoever about Biden. He'll be a terrible president, likely one of the worst, just way less ty than Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no illusions whatsoever about Biden. He'll be a terrible president, likely one of the worst, just way less ty than Trump.

Very similar to my intuition about Biden.

My basic fear is that Biden will be so bad he will be succeeded by a slicker, smarter fascist than Trump.

The time to hoist the black flag and start slitting throats might be much sooner than I thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (relax, y'all, that's an allusion to HL Mencken.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jk/not kidding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very similar to my intuition about Biden.

My basic fear is that Biden will be so bad he will be succeeded by a slicker, smarter fascist than Trump.

The time to hoist the black flag and start slitting throats might be much sooner than I thought.
    I don't think you should underestimate Trump's skill with engineering his media coverage, his celebrity, and his ability to con people. And how smart was Hitler? Trump is the fascist that's going to keep engineering stochastic terrorism from the right these next four years, Trump is the real threat to win in 2024 and choke the last gasps of democracy out of this nation. Trump is the clear and present danger. You underestimate how slick a fascist Trump is; he learned from one of the best in Roy Cohn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you should underestimate Trump's skill with engineering his media coverage, his celebrity, and his ability to con people. And how smart was Hitler? Trump is the fascist that's going to keep engineering stochastic terrorism from the right these next four years, Trump is the real threat to win in 2024 and choke the last gasps of democracy out of this nation. Trump is the clear and present avorite in 2024.danger. You underestimate how slick a fascist Trump is; he learned from one of the best in Roy Cohn.
    I have my doubts Trump's egotism and malice will keep him alive much longer. He looks terrible.

You could be right, though. If he survives, he's the odds on favorite in 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my doubts Trump's egotism and malice will keep him alive much longer. He looks terrible.

You could be right, though. If he survives, he's the odds on favorite in 2024.
    I'd be absolutely floored if Trump is alive and not the GOP nominee in 2024.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Trash became their candidate, the other Repugs have been terrified of Trash's cult mob, now 74M voters, have sat silently in complicity with Trash's lawlessness, while staffing Trash's Exec with the oligarchy's kakistocracy.

The oligarchy is more powerful, wealtheir by $Ts, with many 100Ks diseased and dead Americans and a collapsing environment.

If Trash talks about 2024, he will freeze out all compe ion

Best for the world is if Trash is incapacitated.

However, pretenders will pander to Trash's 74M with traditional Republicanism of Euro-white (Christian) male supremacy and all that derives from it.

Oligarchy owns SCOTUS.

The next time Repugs control Congress and WH, all three branches, will be formal end of the Myth of American democracy, which will degrade further, into a one-party authoritarianism.

America is ed and un able.

There's nothing citizens can do to stop the oligarchy.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-31-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Thread Information