Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Looks like Barry may need to get in there and code that system up himself. Clearly those private contractors don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like CGI didn't up only the federal exchanges

BUILDER OF STATE’S HEALTH CARE EXCHANGE MISSES KEY DEADLINES

http://vtdigger.org/2013/09/27/build...ey-deadliness/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad the defunder caucus has taken attention away from this disastrous rollout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five extremely determined people were able to sign up in Iowa. FIVE

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five extremely determined people were able to sign up in Iowa. FIVE

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1
    gloating, schadenfreude over big problems. What's your suggestion?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad the defunder caucus has taken attention away from this disastrous rollout.
    IT'S ALL BAD.

Repugs, tea baggers, libertarians ing up govt, blocking all progress is a can't-lose proposition, even if they don't get exactly the rules, laws, regs, repeals they want.

Their philosophy is that all govt that helps the 99% is bad, so ing up govt, mis-governing is always acceptable. ONLY for-profit companies are can possible do any good.

These fabricated crises are just a tactic in pre-occupying Congress and WH so no real progress, no real problems get solved, the Repug spurious proof that govt is bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Silicon Angle: The Obama Care Website. The Biggest Tech Gaggle Ever?
    http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/10...h-gaggle-ever/

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is about as ugly any kind of site deployment gets. They had three and a half years to get this right, do better and more testing. They have failed miserably and they are handling it miserably. There clearly should have been more testing, and with all due respect to Matthew Han , discovering these issues was as easy as using some freely available plugins to a free web browser used by millions of people around the world. That’s pretty sad. Now, there are ways to fix it using technology – Application monitoring, machine data, DevOps, Big Data – those are all things that could help. Get some people in there, maybe Google, or Facebook or someone – they handle way more traffic than that. You have to wonder if it’s too late. We were told this was for the 47 million uninsured. Is there any way this site can serve even half of that? A quarter? Until the word is out that things are better or just the plain truth of “we screwed up” – I’m giving the Affordable Care Act technical effort a big thumbs down, one-star review, whatever – this is not ready for primetime. Hopefully this is not a harbinger of things to come, but many have predicted that to be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gather you're not a web developer? That's called javascript minify/compression... it's a post-process to make files smaller for transit. It's only used by pretty much any serious website

You know, it's not much different than, say:
    https://apis.google.com/_/scs/abc-st...=gapi.loaded_0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gather you're not a web developer? That's called javascript minify/compression... it's a post-process to make files smaller for transit. It's only used by pretty much any serious website

You know, it's not much different than, say:
    https://apis.google.com/_/scs/abc-st...=gapi.loaded_0

Actually, I do develop commercial web apps. I was being facetious.

That being said, YOU of all people, should recognize that this rollout, especially given the price tag and development time, is a huge technical failure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FEDERAL / CGI Federal app obviously has problems

the states with their non-CGI Federal exchange software are doing MUCH better.

I doubt CGI Federal will suffer loss of future govt business from this up.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CGI Group
    Information technology company

CGI Group Inc. is a Canadian multinational information technology consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, and solutions company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. It was founded in 1976 by Serge Godin, André Imbeau, and Jean Brassard. Wikipedia

Stock price: GIB [COLOR=#878787 !important](NYSE)[/COLOR]$35.53+0.52 (+1.49%)
    Oct 10, 3:22 PM EDT - Disclaimer

Headquarters: Montreal, QC

CEO: Michael E. Roach

Founded: 1976

Founders: Serge Godin, André Imbeau, Jean Brassard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I do develop commercial web apps. I was being facetious.

That being said, YOU of all people, should recognize that this rollout, especially given the price tag and development time, is a huge technical failure.
    Never said otherwise. <shrug>

What I did say is that there's plenty of times to fix this stuff. If they don't have their sorted out by January it would certainly be a giant facepalm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CGI Group
    Information technology company

CGI Group Inc. is a Canadian multinational information technology consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, and solutions company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. It was founded in 1976 by Serge Godin, André Imbeau, and Jean Brassard.

Hmmm. Outsourcing.

Thanks for including their stock symbol. I'll be sure to avoid that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox Repug network is "giddy", "the happiest I've ever seen them", with the healthcare.gov

Said the CGI Fed contract was 2 years, $330M
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-10-2013 at 04:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fear not, resident conservatives...

GOP to investigate Obamacare tech glitches

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health Act Embraced in California

There are radio and television commercials galore, along with Twitter and Facebook posts and scores of highway billboards. There are armies of outreach workers who speak Spanish, Tagalog, Cambodian, Mandarin and Cantonese, all flocking to county fairs, farmers markets, street festivals and back-to-school nights across the state. There are even dinner parties in Latino neighborhoods designed to reach one family at a time.

With enthusiastic backing from state officials and an estimated seven million uninsured, California is a crucial testing ground for the success of President Obama’s health care law.

It is building the country’s largest state-run health insurance exchange and has already expanded Medicaid coverage for the poor. Officials hope that the efforts here will eventually attract more than two million people who are currently uninsured.

And as the exchange, known as Covered California, has begun the painstaking effort to enroll potential customers in the subsidized insurance plans or expanded Medicaid, the public outreach effort here can seem akin to a huge political campaign.

“You can’t derail something when it has already left the station,” Mr. Lee said Tuesday in a news conference in the state capital, Sacramento. “We are going very strong.”

“People are really enthusiastic, but they are really unsure about what’s in it for them and what they are going to get,”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/11...alifornia.html

The American health care super-expensive, for-profit, hyper-complicated/confusing kludgeocracy stumbles along, but at least making some progress with ACA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they don't investigate the horrendous MIC boondoggle/corporate welfare of the F-35.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    College student writes viral letter ‘Obamacare Has Raped My Future’

Posted by Aleister G Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:00am

A University of Michigan graduate penned an open letter that went viral online as she described how President Barack Obama’s signature health care law hurts the working poor, and has “raped” her future.

Ashley Dionne, 26, posted the now-viral letter to conservative radio host Dennis Prager’s Facebook page earlier this week.

Here is the letter:

“My name is Ashley Dionne and I’m a 26-year-old recent graduate from Michigan.

The phony Obamacare signup poster boy made me want to send a message about how Obamacare is really affecting people.

I graduated from The University of Michigan in 2009. In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay. I watched as kids with GEDs and high school diploma’s took the low-paying jobs for which I applied.

I went back to school and got a second degree and finally found work at a gym. I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I’m unable to find a second job at this time.

I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course.

Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all.

This law has raped my future.

It will keep me and kids my age from having a future at all.

This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn’t pretty.”

Its a mixed bag, helping some, hurting others. Its a rushed piece of crap legilsation.

America deserves better.

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2013/...ped-my-future/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College student writes viral letter ‘Obamacare Has Raped My Future’

Posted by Aleister G Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:00am

A University of Michigan graduate penned an open letter that went viral online as she described how President Barack Obama’s signature health care law hurts the working poor, and has “raped” her future.

Ashley Dionne, 26, posted the now-viral letter to conservative radio host Dennis Prager’s Facebook page earlier this week.

Here is the letter:

“My name is Ashley Dionne and I’m a 26-year-old recent graduate from Michigan.

The phony Obamacare signup poster boy made me want to send a message about how Obamacare is really affecting people.

I graduated from The University of Michigan in 2009. In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay. I watched as kids with GEDs and high school diploma’s took the low-paying jobs for which I applied.

I went back to school and got a second degree and finally found work at a gym. I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I’m unable to find a second job at this time.

I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course.

Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all.

This law has raped my future.

It will keep me and kids my age from having a future at all.

This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn’t pretty.”

Its a mixed bag, helping some, hurting others. Its a rushed piece of crap legilsation.

America deserves better.

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2013/...ped-my-future/
    Rick Snyder's Michigan?

Repug controlled Michigan?

and she's blaming ACA for her ty job prospects in ing rust-state Michigan? dumb .

" Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles"

Did she get that through the exchange? Michigan FINALLY realized 100%-Fed-paid Medicaid expansion was too good to pass up, and I bet she could get some help there. She's sounds so screwed up medically that she could get FEDERAL and state disability.

who was insuring her and ALL her sicknessess for $75/month?

" This week, Michigan's Republican-controlled legislature passed a law expanding Medicaid, which Republican Gov. Rick Snyder said he will sign
    "Hundreds of thousands of Michiganders will have the opportunity for health care coverage," Snyder said after the vote. "It's a situation that will also save all Michiganders money, in terms of addressing an unmanaged, uncontrolled system.""

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...icaid/2749143/

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Words like these ought to give you and other commie bas s here a major woody.

Sebelius: We Are Bringing Western Civilization to Its Knees With Obamacare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Words like these ought to give you and other commie bas s here a major woody.

Sebelius: We Are Bringing Western Civilization to Its Knees With Obamacare

You realize she was being facetious, right?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You realize she was being facetious, right?
    Bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... it's what's between your jug-handle ears.

Thread Information