My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the day two American soldiers mutilated bodies were discovered after the men had been missing, nineteen Senators (all Republican) voted to grant amnesty to Iraqis who have killed American soldiers and Marines. Among them, Texas' own John Cornyn.

Disgrace

19 US Senators, all Republicans, voted today to in favor of giving amnesty to terrorists who kill US soldiers in Iraq. You can find their names below - the "nay" votes are the ones who support amnesty for terrorists.

Here's the text of the amendment as submitted:
    SEC. 1209. SENSE OF CONGRESS ON THE GRANTING OF AMNESTY TO PERSONS KNOWN TO HAVE KILLED MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES IN IRAQ.

(a) Findings.--Congress makes the following findings:

(1) The Armed Forces of the United States and coalition military forces are serving heroically in Iraq to provide all the people of Iraq a better future.

(2) The Armed Forces of the United States and coalition military forces have served bravely in Iraq since the beginning of military operations in March of 2003.

(3) More than 2,500 members of the Armed Forces of the United States and members of coalition military forces have been killed and more than 18,000 injured in operations to bring peace and stability to all the people of Iraq.

(b) Sense of Congress.--It is the sense of Congress that--

(1) the Government of Iraq should not grant amnesty to persons known to have attacked, killed, or wounded members of the Armed Forces of the United States; and

(2) the President should immediately notify the Government of Iraq that the Government of the United States strongly opposes granting amnesty to persons who have attacked members of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the day two American soldiers mutilated bodies were discovered after the men had been missing, nineteen Senators (all Republican) voted to grant amnesty to Iraqis who have killed American soldiers and Marines. Among them, Texas' own John Cornyn.
    While I can't stand Cornyn, that's a definite misstatement. He didn't vote for amnesty, he voted against telling a soveriegn government what to do, or at least what could be construed as such.

I personally couldn't have voted for that even though I agree with it. I would have abstained though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amnesty for illegals. Amnesty for Iraqis. What's next? Amnesty for gays or people who have abortions? Nah, that would never happen, unless enough campaign dollars came in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I can't stand Cornyn, that's a definite misstatement. He didn't vote for amnesty, he voted against telling a soveriegn government what to do, or at least what could be construed as such.

I personally couldn't have voted for that even though I agree with it. I would have abstained though.
    It's a Sense of the Congress resolution. It is expressing a formal opinion to a foreign government. Not a thing in the world wrong with voting for this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a Sense of the Congress resolution. It is expressing a formal opinion to a foreign government. Not a thing in the world wrong with voting for this.
    Not quite. If it stopped at "expressing the sense of Congress" I wouldn't have that big of a problem with it. It's the commanding the President to tell a sovereign government about the US's strong opposition. Given the great weight of the US's words, especially in an country with 135k US troops in it, it basically amounts as telling them what to do, even though we ourselves have proclaimed them sovereign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amnesty for illegals. Amnesty for Iraqis. What's next? Amnesty for gays or people who have abortions? Nah, that would never happen, unless enough campaign dollars came in...
    Next
    Amnesty for White Collar guys that cook the books and steal old people's retirement $

Amnesty for all Congresspersons convicted or about to be convicted of crimes.

Amnesty for Mouse so he will come back to the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This non-amnesty resolution is a way for Congress to vent their outrage without having to really do anything constructive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That Scott Walker veggie pizza picture can't be serious.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This guy is out here just disgracing the entire state Brisket is the one thing Texas is universally known for being the best in the world at, and this dude is here cooking meat strips with ketchup

that brisket looks dryer than Ben Shapiro's wife

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't up the brisket with sauce all over it like some ing savage.

That isn't Texas brisket.
    Cornyn threw his wife under the bus: alleged family recipe. Baked brisket.

Bake 3 1/2 hours, trim fat, slice, slather with tomato based sauce and bake 1 1/2 hours more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's chick fil a in that ramen. I'd say that's brilliant trolling, but she's the same one who accidentally leaked all of her own nudes. I really think she's that stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Texas Monthly BBQ snob made the Sandy Cornyn, family recipe brisket

The 2018 brisket photos from Cornyn’s IG show pretty clear evidence of onion soup packet(s?), and Cornyn offers a few steps in yet another follow-up tweet: “This recipe calls for 3 1/2 hours in the oven; refrigerate then trim all visible fat; cut into slices; then another 1 1/2 hours in the oven.” He addressed this message to “the sensitive types,” which I took personally as I studied it with great interest.

The closest published brisket recipe I could find was “twice-baked beef brisket with onions,” printed in the California-based Sunset magazine. It was sent to me by Twitter user @maroonish99 (obviously a sensitive type too), and the steps seemed to match the partial method laid out by Cornyn’s tweet, minus the barbecue sauce.
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/wha...-beef-brisket/

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's chick fil a in that ramen. I'd say that's brilliant trolling, but she's the same one who accidentally leaked all of her own nudes. I really think she's that stupid.
    LOL what? No way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew that was some ing dry ing brisket and the sauce on top was a terrible ing choice but then he put ketchup in the sauce?
    *something tomato-based*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least that's what I read. Either way her giant s are all over the net. I must say she doesn't seem very conservative!

Thread Information