for bantamweight le
    Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas
    for featherweight le

preliminary CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

preliminary CARD
    UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET

UFC @ufc
    #BREAKING is right RT @LaMonicaMark #BREAKING: Overeem vs. Mir moved to #UFC169, Jones-Teixeira official same night. bit.ly/GBRcuj

Last edited by ace3g; 01-09-2014 at 03:46 PM.

The People's Champ johnpaulwall21's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bad match up for Glover cause hes too slow and small to connect on Jones. Its going to be jones/rampage 2.
    and Overeem is going to send Mir into retirement.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bad match up for Glover cause hes too slow and small to connect on Jones. Its going to be jones/rampage 2.
    and Overeem is going to send Mir into retirement.
    Go yourself, face.

I hope you're wrong, but fear that you're right. .

Looks like someone got trigger happy at UFC twitter, Dana said today the fight won't happen on this card.

It's true

Go yourself, face.

I hope you're wrong, but fear that you're right. .
    It's true

Two long-awaited le fights will finally take place on one night, as Newark, NJ hosts UFC 169 on February 1.

Dominant featherweight champion Jose Aldo will defend his le against second-ranked Ricardo Lamas in the main event.

In the night's co-main event, bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz returns from a two-year injury layoff for a le unification bout against interim champion Renan Barao.

That fight card also features a heavyweight matchup between former champion Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem.

More information, including ticket on-sale and additional bouts, will be announced in coming weeks on UFC.com.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-169-aldo-lamas-cruz-barao

MMAjunkie MMA @MMAjunkie
    Dominick Cruz out, vacates bantamweight le; Urijah Faber now meets Renan Barao at UFC 169 dlvr.it/4fFnmT via @MMAjunkie

Post Count
    MMAjunkie MMA @MMAjunkie
    Dominick Cruz out, vacates bantamweight le; Urijah Faber now meets Renan Barao at UFC 169 dlvr.it/4fFnmT via @MMAjunkie

You're TING me!? At least we wasted two ing years for nothing... Gods, I hate Cruz. The silver lining is that we get to watch Faber get the kicked out of him... Again.

Post Count
    Few small edits...

Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas -- Nobody is beating Aldo.
    Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber -- Chalk another loss up to Faber. I hate Faber with a passion, but I really hate Barao worse.
    Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem -- If Mir stays OFF THE ING FENCE he'll be fine. Since I know he won't, he's ed; still picking him to win though.
    Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner. -- WAR VARNER!
    Andy Enz
    vs. Clint Hester -- I hate Hester, but he's got fast hands, yo.
    Al Iaquinta vs. Kevin Lee -- No reason to pick him, really.

Last edited by The TroutBum; 01-27-2014 at 05:54 PM.

MMAjunkie MMA @MMAjunkie

This is Faber's last chance. Also, I'm glad Cruz is finally gone, that two year lay-off without vacating the belt really soured him.

Also, this is Faber's 5th fight in 11 months - pretty impressive considering most guys don't even fight 3 times in one year.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Cruz was there to up that Barao dip !T

It was said he was more then ready and could even be back sooner. What a waste of career for Dominick. He was fighting spectacular!

Damn it

Post Count

Cruz was there to up that Barao dip !T

It was said he was more then ready and could even be back sooner. What a waste of career for Dominick. He was fighting spectacular!

Damn it
    Not to be a (like usual) but there is no way that Cruz was going to come off of a 2 year layoff and beat one of the best guys in the entire UFC. Nobody is beating Barao anytime soon. NOBODY.

Not to be a (like usual) but there is no way that Cruz was going to come off of a 2 year layoff and beat one of the best guys in the entire UFC. Nobody is beating Barao anytime soon. NOBODY.
    I agree. It would have been fun to see Cruz fight again, but there was no way he was going to beat Barao after sitting on his ass for 2 years.

Post Count
    He was not sitting on his ass I can assure you that. Even if there was rust being involved IMO he had more chances of beating barao then barao beating him.

Post Count
    He was not sitting on his ass I can assure you that. Even if there was rust being involved IMO he had more chances of beating barao then barao beating him.
    Now I am actually trying to be a : You're re ed, Poland.

Post Count
    Now I am actually trying to be a : You're re ed, Poland.
    As I was re ed thinking th Weidman will lose to Andeson after his injury and being rusty and after ty camp

Leave my sack alone tbh
    Last edited by polandprzem; 01-10-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nobody is beating Barao anytime soon. NOBODY.

Post Count

Post Count

Renan Barao v. Urijah Faber - as much as I'm rooting for Faber, and as much as I think that he's improved since Barao v. Faber I, I just can't see him (or anyone) beating Barao for the time being.

Jose Aldo v. Ricardo Lamas - Aldo is the most dominant champion at the moment. Which makes me wonder, the other 2 long-time champs lost their belts within the last year (Silva through defeat and GSP through retirement), so does that streak continue? I doubt it.

Frank Mir v. Alistair Overeem - If Barnett can KO Mir in the first round, I'm pretty sure that OverROID can as well. However, if this goes past one and a half rounds, Mir has more than a shot at the win.

John Lineker v. Ali Bagautinov - Close fight to call. Lineker can put fools to sleep, but Ali is more well-rounded and doesn't necessarily lack power of his own.

Jamie Varner b. Abel Trujillo - I'm looking forward to seeing another vicious KO by Killa.

Clint Hester v. Andy Enz - Hester has legit stand-up (he was a pro boxer), and Enz didn't even make it into the house on Hester's season of TUF.

Post Count
    main CARD
    Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber
    As impossible as it seems IMO faber got a nice chance to make something happen. It's tough to pick against Barao but oh well

Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas
    I would like to see Aldo lose the fight but Lamas is not the guy to do it.

Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
    Motivated reem probably will KO Mir in the 1st

Ali Bagautinov vs. John Lineker
    Lineker once again did not make weight. What an ass. UFC will not let him fight FLW division if he can't get his straight. I mean really. he was suppose to do weight and all was suppose to be okay even though he was not working with Dolce.

Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner

pick'em

Post Count
    This is really it for Mir. OverRoid is clearly not on the juice for this fight (I hate how it's so obvious, yet nobody says or does anything about it -- same with Vitor), so that makes his power a little bit less. As with just about every Frank Mir fight, if it goes to the clinch or to the cage, he's DEAD. If he can keep it in the middle or get it to the ground, he has the advantage imo.

Do you hear me, Frank? STAY OFF THE ING CAGE!

I hope he trained that aspect of his game like a mad man this last camp, because ever since Carwin did it to him, it has been his bane.

Post Count
    Renan Barao v. Urijah Faber - I'd like Faber to win but Barao has this division on lock. Barao would be the best fighter by far that Uriah's faced since his comeback tour began last year.

Jose Aldo v. Ricardo Lamas - Aldo's a warrior. I can't say much about Lamas, I haven't seen much of his fights but Aldo's too hot right now /mugatu

Frank Mir v. Alistair Overeem - 3rd times the charm for Mir. I don't see Overeem out classing him unless he just happens to land a flash KO

John Lineker v. Ali Bagautinov - Lineker's confidence looked a bit wavy during the weigh-ins. Ali's not so much

Jamie Varner b. Abel Trujillo - This one's close to call IMO. Coinflip goes to Varner

Clint Hester v. Andy Enz - Clint Hester! My fave fighter to not win in TUF17

Thread Information