NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    its kaiju you gaijin mother er
    Roflroflrofleoflrofl

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Honestly i thought the movie dragged. They could gave cut about thirty or forty minutes out of the middle.
    Also teasing the first monster skirmish? ing stupid.
    Overall i liked it but was not a must see

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    What kind of sequel do you all think we're gonna get? King Ghidorah?
    Mothra is rumored to be in the 2nd flick--it would be cool to have Mechagodzilla or King Ghidorah/Gigan up in there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Imagine Mothra being in a new one and imagine how lame it would be. You can't make a giant moth look cool. And when they meet...oh boy we get some gusts of wind from it flapping its wings

Honestly i thought the movie dragged. They could gave cut about thirty or forty minutes out of the middle.
    30 min? You're absolutely crazy

Also teasing the first monster skirmish? ing stupid.
    How many fights could you possibly want? If you've see one you've seen them all (with the same monsters). The last fight would've just been a slight step up if we saw the airport fight

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Imagine Mothra being in a new one and imagine how lame it would be. You can't make a giant moth look cool. And when they meet...oh boy we get some gusts of wind from it flapping its wings
    Mothra would be an ally to Godzilla supposedly--I get what you're saying but they managed to do wonders with flying roaches. I won't put it past them to make a moth look alright.

Dude is probably from the Ritalin Age where the attention span isn't all that great. Patience pays off in this situation.

How many fights could you possibly want? If you've see one you've seen them all (with the same monsters). The last fight would've just been a slight step up if we saw the airport fight
    Yeah, to avoid the hokiness that's already inherent with Godzilla movies, more fighting would've devoid the movie more than aided it. Like Pacific Rim--awesome premise but the constant fighting was plastic and didn't develop the movie in any shape or form. At least this one had to establish the causation of Godzilla and the MUTOs. Remember, the original Godzilla was alike in this fashion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get what you're saying but they managed to do wonders with flying roaches.
    roaches with freaking hook arms, mean jaws, and emp capabilities

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    roaches with freaking hook arms, mean jaws, and emp capabilities
    lol right on about that--I would love to see Hedorah done in the reboot series, but that would probably not work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    me and mrs. clinton tried to see this movie this weekend...the quarry was sold out and so was drafthouse. said fucc it and will try again this weekend sometime. is it better than cloverfield?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had to look these up and the ones I was thinking about are Baragon and Anguirus, with some modern modifications of course.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I had to look these up and the ones I was thinking about are Baragon and Anguirus, with some modern modifications of course.
    Anguirus would be a logical choice as he was one of the originals. I know it would probably have to move away from a flying enemy since they did that with the MUTOs...but Gigan and Mecha would probably be the logical choices.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    how is a rat with a horn and a mutated snapping turtle cooler than a giant moth?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    how is a rat with a horn and a mutated snapping turtle cooler than a giant moth?
    Well, if you can excuse the hokiness of it all--then perhaps a moth or a rat with a horn or a snapping turtle or a robot replica or a huge sludge monster would work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Think about what you just asked. The reverse is a lot better question. How is a giant moth anywhere close to being as cool as a rat with a horn and a mutated snapping turtle? Of course they'd have to do some changes in appearance just like with Godzilla but there's a lot more to work with with those others over Mothra.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Think about what you just asked. The reverse is a lot better question. How is a giant moth anywhere close to being as cool as a rat with a horn and a mutated snapping turtle? Of course they'd have to do some changes in appearance just like with Godzilla but there's a lot more to work with with those others over Mothra.

not really dude an aerodynamic mutant has a lot to work with. better yet it has a solid back story with the eggs. it's more developed than all of the other space/alien/futuristic monsters. i think it could work...like an independence day type monster but instead of a ship you have mothra.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    is this movie better than cloverfield or nah?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The eggs and offspring is what makes it worse. That bukkake ending where Godzilla goes out like a should be forgotten. I'd rather have an empty story for them to work on.

I'm coming to the conclusion that unless they use King Ghidora I would want new monsters like the MUTOs. We're assuming there's even gonna be another

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Completely different. Cloverfield is to Godzilla what Goodfellas is to The Godfather..kinda. It's worth the watch, ultimately. Plenty of black characters too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Such a badass monster. Imagine the modernized version with better proportions and detail

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cloverfield sucked inmho. godzilla, while being a completely different movie, blows cloverfield out of the water. cloverfield was one of those first person video camera bs movies. i think a more appropriate comparison to godzilla would be pacific rim.

but to answer your question yes this movie is worth the watch you won't be disappointed fam.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that baragon reminds me of nidoking from pokemon lol. he'd be a legit antagonist imo.

I'm coming to the conclusion that unless they use King Ghidora I would want new monsters like the MUTOs.
    this. mothra. i would however be ok with mothra if they'd bring in another new monster to be its counterpart.
    Last edited by chunticakes; 05-22-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I saw Godzilla 2014 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Is it deep? No. But the mayhem is fascinating, and parts are surprisingly suspenseful. I'd see it again easily.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Incorrect. That's the main attraction of the movie. Pacific Rim pulled off just what I am implying with no problems. So there goes what you said..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Such a badass monster. Imagine the modernized version with better proportions and detail
    Gigan always looked pretty tight in the millenium series

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Incorrect. That's the main attraction of the movie. Pacific Rim pulled off just what I am implying with no problems. So there goes what you said..
    And Pacific Rim turned into a movie of children playing with their toys. That's what they "pulled off"

Thread Information