Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dayum, boy, you've been at all the big ones! I'm very envious.

(also, you have great taste in butts... so to speak )
    Let me tell ya man, I'm in Europe (Rome, Florence) on vacation right now and the scenery is breathtaking. I'm not talking about the landscape either. If I wasn't married already, I'd be getting rejected by some of the hottest women on the planet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pain of 2013 was such that I never returned to the board after G7 until after the G5 win this year. To be honest, I didn't think that the Spurs had another run in them after 2012 and 2013 and when they came close this year, I didn't want to jinx them.
    I know how you feel, I felt the same way years ago. However, the latest incarnation of the Spurs starting with 2012 has won me over. I know the Thunder took us out in the WCF in 2012 but I saw the roots of what could be a Championship team. 2013 against the Heat was tough but I came away from that series thinking the Spurs were the best team in the NBA despite losing the Championship. I felt like the 2014 le run was a no-brainer if they stayed healthy. If you don't believe me and you have some time, take a look at all my previous posts. It wasn't dumb bravado or homer boasting, I really felt the Spurs were built to get through OKC and the Heat. -- Maybe I got lucky, but I still have scoreboard and its time-stamped in black & white.

Let's face it, the Spurs have the best coaching (regardless of the constant ing on this board) and scouting in the league. After losing to Memphis in 2011, Tim went to work and so did Pop and RC. They assembled a team and a plan that would eventually dismantle Memphis and eventually the Thunder in 2013. Trust me, OKC isn't going to have much luck going forward either. If the Spurs are healthy, they are going to be a nightmare for the compe ion.

The Spurs are tested, experienced, smart and confident. I see at least a repeat and perhaps more for the future. And if not, - we have 5 Rings. Its been a great ride.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...will y'all shut the up about 2013 already...that's ancient history...WE'RE THE ING CHAMPIONS NOW!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    choking a lead by bricking free throws, not rebounding, and letting some old make a corner 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    choking a lead by bricking free throws, not rebounding, and letting some old make a corner 3
    Fire Pop, tbh...

Spurs Ball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The euphoria has waned off,but this summer I can go anywhere on the planet and say:Spurs are best in the world now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will be and are the 2014 NBA Champions, until and if they are dethroned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note to self...become friends with tmtcsc. Start with apologizing for calling him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not exactly. I was also at Game 6 during 2003 Finals against Nets and Game 7 during 2005 Finals against Pistons. I've seen a lot of big games in-person.
    Sorry dude, my bad.

Believe.
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    I know how you feel, I felt the same way years ago. However, the latest incarnation of the Spurs starting with 2012 has won me over. I know the Thunder took us out in the WCF in 2012 but I saw the roots of what could be a Championship team. 2013 against the Heat was tough but I came away from that series thinking the Spurs were the best team in the NBA despite losing the Championship. I felt like the 2014 le run was a no-brainer if they stayed healthy. If you don't believe me and you have some time, take a look at all my previous posts. It wasn't dumb bravado or homer boasting, I really felt the Spurs were built to get through OKC and the Heat. -- Maybe I got lucky, but I still have scoreboard and its time-stamped in black & white.

Let's face it, the Spurs have the best coaching (regardless of the constant ing on this board) and scouting in the league. After losing to Memphis in 2011, Tim went to work and so did Pop and RC. They assembled a team and a plan that would eventually dismantle Memphis and eventually the Thunder in 2013. Trust me, OKC isn't going to have much luck going forward either. If the Spurs are healthy, they are going to be a nightmare for the compe ion.

The Spurs are tested, experienced, smart and confident. I see at least a repeat and perhaps more for the future. And if not, - we have 5 Rings. Its been a great ride.
    To be honest, you have more faith than me and your faith has been vindicated. After loosing to OKC in 2012 and then MIA in 2013, I was started to believe that the end of the dynasty was at hand. I always knew that good coaching and teamwork will have the Spurs winning 50+ games a year with their eyes closed. I doubted whether that was enough to beat superior athletic talent.

That is why the win this year is probably the best of all for me other than 1999. It showed once more that good teams with good coaching can overcome so called "talent" deficiency. Sometimes people forget that the ability to play smartly as a team is also a great talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry dude, my bad.
    No worries man. I've been extremely fortunate in most cases. It's the heartbreaking losses that seem to stand out. Seeing DRob's first game as a rookie, his last game as a Champion in 2003 and Game 7 against the Pistons was the ultimate.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No worries man. I've been extremely fortunate in most cases. It's the heartbreaking losses that seem to stand out. Seeing DRob's first game as a rookie, his last game as a Champion in 2003 and Game 7 against the Pistons was the ultimate.
    Nice. I was there for that one too. I became a fan in the Aldrederick Hughes year when Ice was playing in Chicago, so all I knew were really rough seasons. And then all of a sudden you could see the team was an instant le contender that night, that Robinson was every bit as good as the hype, that the 2 year layoff hadn't made him rusty. And they have been a le contender ever since. How ridiculous is it to follow a team that had a chance at a le every single year since 1989-90 except for 96-97 when David was lost for the season?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we never lost, we would not appreciate when we won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I was there for that one too. I became a fan in the Aldrederick Hughes year when Ice was playing in Chicago, so all I knew were really rough seasons. And then all of a sudden you could see the team was an instant le contender that night, that Robinson was every bit as good as the hype, that the 2 year layoff hadn't made him rusty. And they have been a le contender ever since. How ridiculous is it to follow a team that had a chance at a le every single year since 1989-90 except for 96-97 when David was lost for the season?
    Ouch. I came in just before you at the tail end of the successful early 80's. I had to watch A-Train put up a miserable shot attempt against the Lakers to end the 1982 0r 1983 playoffs. I was heartbroken. The Spurs had beaten the Lakers in Los Angeles the game before and there was hope that we could even the series and bring it back to LA. That was the beginning of the end.

ICE fell in to trouble with drugs, the Spurs drafted Alvin Robertson, Johnny Moore got desert fever and that was that. Seeing Drob, Maurice Cheeks, Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, Terry mings, Frank Brickowski, David Wingate and Zarko beat the Lakers gave the franchise new hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The euphoria has waned off,but this summer I can go anywhere on the planet and say:Spurs are best in the world now.
    tbh you could have done this last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played some one on one a few times with this guy. If I could hang with him, you know he's not NBA material

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch. I came in just before you at the tail end of the successful early 80's. I had to watch A-Train put up a miserable shot attempt against the Lakers to end the 1982 0r 1983 playoffs. I was heartbroken. The Spurs had beaten the Lakers in Los Angeles the game before and there was hope that we could even the series and bring it back to LA. That was the beginning of the end.

ICE fell in to trouble with drugs, the Spurs drafted Alvin Robertson, Johnny Moore got desert fever and that was that. Seeing Drob, Maurice Cheeks, Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, Terry mings, Frank Brickowski, David Wingate and Zarko beat the Lakers gave the franchise new hope.

Don't forget Rod Strictland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Rod Strictland.
    They traded Cheeks for Strickland in the middle of the year because Cheeks hated San Antonio so much. The er just stayed in a hotel until they could find a trade for him to New York. LOL Knicks giving two young all-star point guards in Strickland and Mark Jackson up for nothing, and costing Ewing his legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played some one on one a few times with this guy. If I could hang with him, you know he's not NBA material
    When have you ever seen a team cut a mid first round pick in the middle of the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid bump.

LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'nuff said...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we should be three-peating...

It still hurts.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some will find a reason to complain about being hung with a New rope.

Thread Information