Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also have to deal with this every effin game. They're going to bring up how close we were and this and that. And when we play the Heat? Forget about it, the replays will be unbearable to watch.
    Yeah, any rebound, FT, or when Allen has the ball in a close game. Plus things that will be way overplayed like LeBron losing his headband and continuing to play without it some even labeled it the "headband" game....

Not that I care but again the media will be riding the whole "Spurs are old again," at least winning the le would have stopped some of that.

The positives the past 2 seasons is that I knew we would be a better team the following season, mainly from "internal improvement" just feel like that is wasted by not being able to defend the le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't agree more, TimVP. But to me, the lasting image is Tim on the bench...watching. The MVP of the series is literally not even on the floor. It's really unthinkable. Yet Pop let it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, any rebound, FT, or when Allen has the ball in a close game. Plus things that will be way overplayed like LeBron losing his headband and continuing to play without it some even labeled it the "headband" game....

Not that I care but again the media will be riding the whole "Spurs are old again," at least winning the le would have stopped some of that.

The positives the past 2 seasons is that I knew we would be a better team the following season, mainly from "internal improvement" just feel like that is wasted by not being able to defend the le.
    Yeah, I mean they had the trophy ready to go! It just feels like it was ours, it was supposed to be ours. The Spurs had a chance to beat one of the most over-hyped teams of all time. Every time I turn on the TV its 1 LBJ commercial after another. We could of at least stopped some of that. Makes me sick. But oh well. Gotta keep on keepin on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emo SOB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna make this year's le run that much sweeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the image of the Heat fans leaving early, is all but forgotten; those "fans" get to relish in celebration they don't even deserve...

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm over it. On to the season, where the spurs will win 60 games and be a top 3 seed in the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea it's still kinda hard to look forward to the up coming season. still in shock mode. the only thing im looking forward to this season is watching tim play one more year and the growth of kawhi.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that says that they didn't get a little EMO after 6 is lying to themselves.

Especially if you are a member of Spurstalk.
    Of course we all did...but it's dead and gone. timvp is just like many of the Spurs fans on this forum. The Spurs are all he follows and he has spent his adult life watching that one team do basically nothing but win. Yes there has been some heartbreak, but the success has far, far outweighed it. Even on the down years after all the les the Spurs were better than 95% of the rest of the teams in the league.

Coming back all emo still is a little ridiculous tbh...but I guess that's what one does when winning is all they know. I'm too hardened as a fan to let any level of disappointment keep me down for more than a few days. Months? Never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back.

Yeah, it still hurt a lot. Now, I've decided that I was done talking about it on ST. If there are always people talking about it here, it certainly doesn't help to get his mind off it.

And as a french the joy to see France winning the Eurobasket with a great game against Spain, surely help to ease the pain. Whenever I think at the NBA finals, I then think at the Eurobasket win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I was serious. Not that I'm proud of it...
    Yeah I just don't invest much emotion in pro teams any more. I think the 90s Spurs were the ones that made me callous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at lest we know you're okay.... Although you're not exactly okay. But still..... Anyway, nice to see you posting again. Looking forward to your upcoming threads, insights, etc. and of course,
    , cheering on the silver and black!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Sometimes when I'm alone (as always lol), I'm still hearing the sounds from that game. It's really devastating. Maybe if the Spurs losses like about 10 points in Game 6/7, it's not really that hurt but losing like you're 28 seconds away, a free-throw away (even 2) and a rebound away (even 2 also), it's really depressing. You keep questioning yourself how come that all lucky break goes to Heat.

Even Parker said that:

With the Euro coming, is the NBA finals over in your head?
    It will never be over. It's the biggest loss of my career. When I will be 90, I will die saying "argh, game 6". That's how it is. It's the beauty of sports. Sometimes, it's wonderful, sometimes it's cruel. This time, it was cruel for us. I will never be able to get over this loss.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...interview+game

Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

welcome back, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

welcome back, tbh

say how about that Manu....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still hurting!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen... I'm in the same boat. It's definitely not as bad as it was for me the first few weeks after it happened, but i still replay those last few seconds. Still haven't watched post game stuff from game 7, and still change the channel when I see "the shot" or anything else related to those last 28 seconds.

That said, I fully expect them to be right in the thick of things and use the last 2 disappointing seasons as an incredible source of motivation, & focus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    Just when I think I'm out you drag me back in. Damn bro I feel you. This summer has SUCKED.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ING MANU!!!

sitting in that ing bar in Seattle, waiting to explode in jubilation, only to be thwarted by something I didnt think could happen....

ing painful. Hard to lose that way, would have rather those ing assholes have beat the Spurs by 30 that night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to have you back timvp! Things haven't been the same without you. I haven't even been on ST much since 6. It's been tough as . I slowly started getting over it more as the summer went on, but then at random points I'll think about it. It was all right there, and then it was taken away...not just taken away from the players and the coaches, but it was taken away from all of us who are die-hard Spurs fans. There aren't many fan bases out there with a "Spurs Talk" website to go on and rant about their team in the bad times and celebrate thru the good times. This site is special, and going through last year's journey with all of you on here made it even more special. We realized what kind of special run it was, and to be so damn close...still hurts. But here we all are again, so let's enjoy the Tim Duncan's last great years while we can. The theme for this year should be to just enjoy the ride, and see what happens...Go...Spurs...Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

And its going to continue to haunt you if Jim doesn't revenge this blunder. The game tonight won't provide any relief for you at all... and I'm glad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hey there cutie. What's good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And its going to continue to haunt you if Jim doesn't revenge this blunder. The game tonight won't provide any relief for you at all... and I'm glad.
    ing Naru

Thread Information