Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes did not seem as lost as he usually does... Baynes is a good third option at center. although he usually picks up fouls constantly.
    Baynes had a great first half but he also made four mistakes in that half as well. He traveled on the offensive end, had his hands down after LA had stopped his dribble (which allowed LA to shoot over him and score), goal tending, and one other which I forgot). It is these type of mental errors that will keep him from getting more time on the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to have a new unsung hero come forward in each round. Next will be CoJo to annoy the heck out of Westbrook / Jackson and in the finals, Daye will give Lebron all he can handle. With Damion James to dribble out the clock in game 4 in Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes had a great first half but he also made four mistakes in that half as well. He traveled on the offensive end, had his hands down after LA had stopped his dribble (which allowed LA to shoot over him and score), goal tending, and one other which I forgot). It is these type of mental errors that will keep him from getting more time on the floor.
    4 mistakes is nothing to freak out about. How many games has Tony or Timmy or Manu had where they made mistakes, let alone just 4? And yet, you're spazzing out about traveling, a close goal tend, and having hands down. If Baynes made no mistakes every time he was on the court, he'd be getting Roy Hibbert money. C'mon now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And not having a guaranteed contract after this season too
    Yeah I wonder if they just not playing him so they can sign him to a longer deal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes sets some amazing screens, wow. I was thoroughly impressed with that, more so than anything else. That offensive rebound into a dunk off the Tony miss was insane too. Highlight reel Baynes, let's goooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yeah he can really help out our three point shooters with his wide bod tough to get around him........That Dunk Was Nasty.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will Portland do to guard Baynes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baynes is a total wild card and it's hilarious to think what was going on in the heads of the por coaching staff when he came in an threw down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one nationally knowing who Baynes is is proof that no one watched game 4 of the first round last year. When you see a guy manhandle Dwight Howard, you learn his name pretty fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems that the Great Baynes has solidified his spot as the 4th big. Minutes speak loudest and he is getting them over the other two bags. He only is only getting about one shift, the 6 minute blocks that Pop seems to use for his subs utions, per game but he does seem to trust him in that role.

Duncan was moving around better in game 5 but he was decidedly slothful in game 4. Managing his minutes is more important than ever.

He isn't shooting anything but putbacks or desperation shots at the end of the shot clock but that is good. He needs to work on his shot selection. His rim protection is excellent. While overall he is not on Duncan's level, he has the hops to bother athletic penetrators which is something no one else on the squad can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, how did he not get regular minutes over that got Uh Huh? Playing him a couple games then sitting for a couple weeks, of course he'll look ty.

Oh look! He's getting normal minutes in the playoffs and is producing! My .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude turned the game around. Saved that 3rd quarter for us. We have t looked back since. Needs more mins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude marked his territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop for not playing him earlier in the year, i still dont know why he favored errors over him...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, Baynes God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We only accept donations that fold. Time to pay your respects.

The travesty is that his jersey is not sold in the pro shop. As a true believer, I was undeterred. Had one made.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, how did he not get regular minutes over that got Uh Huh? Playing him a couple games then sitting for a couple weeks, of course he'll look ty.

Oh look! He's getting normal minutes in the playoffs and is producing! My .
    LMFAO @ jeebus

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Buford, do something good for once and sign Baynes

Jeff Ayres/Bonner in the regular season + playoff rotation is suicide
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 07-14-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he has signed his QO yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Baynes do in the summer league last year?

I really want Ayres off the team. I just want the Spurs to straight cut him and Austin Daye. I have no idea why they signed Ayres and why they picked up Daye's option. I thought Daye was going to be let go.

Hopefully Baynes isn't watching this because if Ayres is getting more money than him, I'm not sure he'd want to come back for less money than what Ayres is getting paid. How much is the QO for Baynes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its unlikely they cut Ayres given that his salary is fully guaranteed, and its at 1.8 million. unless we find a team dumb enough to want him via trade, we're stuck with him for this season. we could have gotten out of Austin Daye a couple of weeks ago, but his salary became guaranteed, so its unlikely that he gets cut either. He is due a more modest 1 million. those 2 roster spots could have been really useful, too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its unlikely they cut Ayres given that his salary is fully guaranteed, and its at 1.8 million. unless we find a team dumb enough to want him via trade, we're stuck with him for this season. we could have gotten out of Austin Daye a couple of weeks ago, but his salary became guaranteed, so its unlikely that he gets cut either. He is due a more modest 1 million. those 2 roster spots could have been really useful, too
    Why would the Spurs not cut them? They cut Ron Mercer back in the day, who I'm pretty sure was on a much bigger contract. They also cut Stephen Jackson, not sure how much he had left owing, though. If they need a roster spot, I don't see why they wouldn't/couldn't cut either of them, as I don't think they are near the luxury tax either.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to want either of them in a trade, so they're going to have to cut them if they want to get rid of them IMO.

The only trade value Ayres might have is for a team that seriously wants to tank. He would be very good for that. For anything else, I don't think anyone would want him.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-14-2014 at 04:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we have 15 on the roster right now (including Bonner): http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

I too don't see a future for Ayers and Daye, but I guess the coaches see something in them that we don't, or management don't see the point in moving guys who should be capable of holding down the 14th and 15th spots. Probably does mean we're not doing anything with the MLE though, unless some of the young guys are assigned to the Toros. Anyone tell me the detail on how that works with roster limits at the start of the season?

Thread Information