Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his ability to shoot jumpers I have a hard time believing Pop won't play him.

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his ability to shoot jumpers I have a hard time believing Pop won't play him.
    He doesn't space the floor like Matt Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't space the floor like Matt Bonner
    I know that you are being tongue in cheek but Baynes has nice form on his jumper and he can hit it from all over intermediate range. He shoots it way over his head with a quick release and feathery finish. It just lays up on the rim instead of bricking off. It's a sweet shot.

What I really like about it is he hits it from all over. From the baseline, the wing, the circle. He can hit that shot. Compare that to say Duncan who likes his shot from the elbow or the post or much less a guy like McDyess who had about 3 square feet on the FT line extended where he could hit a shot from outside. Baynes can shoot in multiple spots on the floor.

He has tools to be really damn good for us.

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that you are being tongue in cheek but Baynes has nice form on his jumper and he can hit it from all over intermediate range. He shoots it way over his head with a quick release and feathery finish. It just lays up on the rim instead of bricking off. It's a sweet shot.

What I really like about it is he hits it from all over. From the baseline, the wing, the circle. He can hit that shot. Compare that to say Duncan who likes his shot from the elbow or the post or much less a guy like McDyess who had about 3 square feet on the FT line extended where he could hit a shot from outside. Baynes can shoot in multiple spots on the floor.

I agree, as long as it's enough to keep a defense honest (40-45%) then that's just another asset he can bring. I do think there are rotation minutes for him this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree. He can shoot well within 15 feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interview: Aron Baynes on the NBA

Basketball Australia: Firstly, how was your summer? What did you spend it doing?
    Aron Baynes: It was good. I spent a lot of time in San Antonio, played in the Summer League, and worked out here the rest of the time. I had a lot of time to get better, worked with big guys like, Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter. It’s been good to be here and be able to develop my game.

BA: What have you been working on when you say develop your game? What have you added to your arsenal?
    AB: My low post game. Just trying to get better with playing within our system and making the right reads. Not only offense, but also on the defensive end, going up against those guys every day for the summer it definitely helps me get better, just learning, and practice.

BA: Let’s go back to last season for a minute. You came in to the team at the halfway point. San Antonio ends up making the NBA Finals. I know you didn’t play much during the playoff run, but what was that experience like for you?
    AB: I came here in January so they were already up there in terms of position. I came in knowing that the team was flying and that there would be some opportunity for me to go out there and play so I used it as a learning curve.
    There’s no better opportunity for me to learn than to go through to the Finals. From January to Game 7 of the Finals was a chance for me to learn, see how guys do things, see how they approach things. I’m just lucky to be around the team, trying to get better and understand the system. That’s the thing for me, [I was] just using it as a learning curve. That definitely sparked me to work hard as I could this summer because I know what it takes to get to that point. This year we’re hoping to go one game better.

continue: http://basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3109&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=8f28845b45

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy is physically good but seems to have low iq bball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh. His awareness could be better but I don't know about that description. His main issue is he missed 4 shots within 10 feet of the basket and that awful pass to Mills on the perimeter.

And wtf was Henry getting foul calls for when he was just jumping into defenders? He got two on Baynes when he was the one creating the contact. It's bad enough when I have to see that from Durant and Bryant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed completely. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt because this is the second game of his first full season in the NBA. He hasn't even cracked a spot in the rotation yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs definitely need an enforcer in the paint like this guy but how long can the "system" take to develop this guy? He still seems lost at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks lost? I hope you are not talking on defense because his rotations have been solid. He is the only guy in the second unit that rotates and protects the rim. I want to reach out and slap Diaw, Ayers, and Bonner when they just watch the drive.

In transition he is good at communicating and making sure everyone is picked up.

He seemed frustrated on offense because he buried Speights in the paint 3 or 4 times before they finally got him the ball and he scored. His jumper was not falling against GS but it looked good and was soft on the rim. He spaces and moves just fine when he is weakside.

His physicality was a revelation.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meathead tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plays hard. Not a meat head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a mid season pick up for cheap and he has not played a full season yet. I don't think expectations should be high for him. I'm happy that he's just able to contribute and not just warm the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sNG!

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a massacre out there. Anyone could have gotten theirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A well-deserved and timely bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a massacre out there. Anyone could have gotten theirs.
    Airs didn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Baynes believer, but the minutes at the 4th big position should be allocated based on recent performance, and Baynes earned some burn tonight, tbh(although it was against one of the worst defensive Cs in the NBA, to be fair)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. The 5 minutes he was on the floor the Raptors couldn't miss. Tbh, when Lowry tried to out hero Tony, that's when it turned. No one can out hero ball Tony.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Baynes believer, but the minutes at the 4th big position should be allocated based on recent performance, and Baynes earned some burn tonight, tbh(although it was against one of the worst defensive Cs in the NBA, to be fair)..
    There's something about playing the Raptors that inspires Spurs' big white guys to dunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time Baynes started a meaningful game, he made Dwight Howard punk out in the playoffs iirc fwiw tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a fest over a win against the Raptors

But one thing is certain, Baynes >>> Ayers tbh ........................

Thread Information