Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls or Clippers, tbh?..

I expect both teams to receive a ton of hype going into the playoffs by the vanilla media and fans, tbh..

I'm seeing people all over the Internet picking the Bulls to be the 1 or 2 overall team in the league, despite having virtually the same flaws as the 2011 team..

Clippers are generating hype, even more than early last year, due to the acquisition of Doc Rivers..

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both have a certain degree of being overhyped. I think its a push--you have the Clippers taking the mantra as the better L.A. team and you have the media-blasted return of Derrick Rose in your fact quite often. It will be interesting to see how these two teams end up at the end of the regular season and their quest through the 2nd season.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rose is the current media golden boy after the flak Durant had withstood. The Bulls should be the mecia's pick considering how well they will likely do during regular season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Overhyped and/or Overrated:

1. Rox
    2. Clips
    3. Bulls
    4. Pacers

Underrated:
    1. Heat (shocking)
    2. Spurs (mildly shocking)
    3. Mavs (think RC and Dirk will surprise some folks)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets tbh.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not sure you can call the Heat underrated--they have been at the forefront of every conversation about the NBA in the offseason. They're up there with more coverage than CNN on the spying situation currently going on. They are proverbially covered.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Same guys who said Harden wasn't worth the max.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Thunderefs are being pretty overrated, it's like the media has forgotten that Westbrook is out for the first few weeks of the season and that they have no depth and bad coaching, tbh....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Clippers are generating hype, even more than early last year, due to the acquisition of Doc Rivers..
    Doc Rivers is black, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Clippers.

Mainly because I think the Bulls have proven that they have some pretty good talent even without Rose. And a good balance at all their positions. And if Jimmy Butler continues to play like he did at the end of last year and/or improve, that covers one of their few holes they did have last season, the shooting guard position. Rose's talent, as long as they can find good chemistry again, only makes them better.

The Clippers obviously have talent too, and I'm still a big fan of Chris Paul. But I don't know how good they can be unless Blake Griffin takes the next step in his development. They lack frontcourt scoring depth. And I'm not sure how the SG spot will work out. They have Jamal Crawford and JJ Re , but both of them are better suited to come off the bench. Do they start one of them? Do they start Willie Green or the rookie Reggie Bullock (who I do like where they selected him)? Will Matt Barnes play as well as he did last year, particularly as a starter if he does start? Do they lose some defensive tenacity off the bench with the loss of Bledsoe?

I have a lot more questions about the Clippers than I do the Bulls. Both should still be very good teams. But if I have to choose one that will probably not meet expectations, I'd go with the Clippers.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Clippers
    Doc is not a difference maker they are making him out to be and he can't fix CP's vagina.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    clippers tbh, why are the bulls considered overhyped, if rose is healthy, which it looks like it, they are a def threat in the east.

Banned
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    clippers, worst franchise in the nba and will never win

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clippers, they still start deandre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls still don't have a secondary scorer, which was the same issue they had against Miami in 2011, tbh..

Did I miss something, or did Joakim Noah magically learn to create his own shot?..Luol Deng is on the decline, Boozer is still Boozer..is Jimmy Butler the difference, tbh?..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bulls or Clippers, tbh?..

I expect both teams to receive a ton of hype going into the playoffs by the vanilla media and fans, tbh..

I'm seeing people all over the Internet picking the Bulls to be the 1 or 2 overall team in the league, despite having virtually the same flaws as the 2011 team..

i think the hype for both teams are justified. For the Bulls, with a <100% Wade playing for the Heat, I think they would have taken the Heat out last year (if Rose were healthy and playing). You can't tell me Ray Allen and Battier get the same open looks they were accustomed to getting v. a Thibbs' coached defense. Rose likely would have gotten them over the hump, and there is no repeat.

For the Clipps, they've improved internally, their bench is deep, and they added Doc. Just last year, they were 4th in points allowed, 4th in rebounding, 3rd in point differential, 7th in swats, and 10th in allowed FG%. Those are just defensive stats. LINK

Both teams you are clowning have justified hype. Both have added pieces and improved internally to the extent that they are imminent threats to your Heat. The Nets and Indiana (who added Scola) are too.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Bulls still don't have a secondary scorer, which was the same issue they had against Miami in 2011, tbh..

Did I miss something, or did Joakim Noah magically learn to create his own shot?..Luol Deng is on the decline, Boozer is still Boozer..is Jimmy Butler the difference, tbh?..
    Honestly, I think Jimmy Butler can make some difference. How much is the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all things considered OKC is the most overrated. This is the same team as last year with no Martin. I see them losing second round to the rockets

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The way the Heat struggled to win the championship and still keeping the same roster, it's gonna be hard to win again unless Wade or Bosh make drastic improvements.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The Heat's roster is overrated. It's Lebron and a bunch of complimentary players. Wade is a s of himself. Bosh is useless. Everyone else is just surrounding support. Lebron has to be even better this season to win a championship since the roster is the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls should be a legitimate threat to win the East, or even the championship. They are not the favourites, but they are certainly a contender. The Bulls last year, with no real scoring threat, finished relatively well. With the addition of Rose, the Bulls are looking at a much improved offense and the same defense, this cannot be a bad thing.

As for the Clippers, I am not sold on Griffin. He has some significant flaws in his game, and his numbers actually regressed last year. His athleticism is top notch, even after the injuries, but a player like that generally gets exposed in the playoffs due to added scouting, defensive focus, and preparation. Chris Paul definitely drives the engine, but the rest of the team can be minimized by a well-coached team with good spacing, passing and sound fundamental defense.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wherever team Chris Paul is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The correct answer is both. The Clippers are being put into the spotlight not because they're elite but mainly due to the Lakers demise since, Jim took over. Face it, they are a great regular season team that will fizzle once the real contenders in the playoffs brings all their Ace's. They brought Jamison, Dudley when what they needed is another big man that can clean up the glass and defend. They're too perimeter oriented to win a series that will put them in the upper echelon of the league. Grizzlies and Spurs would still tap that ass in 5, 6 if I want to be generous. Heck, they better hope they don't see Houston too because they won't get pass that team either.

And HH is right, the Bulls are practically putting a lot of stock on Jimmy Butler which is absurd because he's a role player that won't get a lot of leeway in the playoffs. Rose will give them a punchers chance against Miami but in all likelihood, they will get shredded by Lebron and company since they are pretty much the same team.

Seriously, if you look at the landscape of this season, practically every contending team out there is overrated because each one is given a pass by completely relying on the "fatigue factor" normally associated with teams that have been to the Finals 3 straight years and ignoring the facts that all these teams have obvious flaws to beat the defending champs.

I must say though, San Antonio is the only one that can honestly beat Miami but their success will largely depend on Duncan replicating that 2012-13 season.

And Houston is definitely underrated. Dwight has a chip on his shoulder. Dumb as he may be, his defensive impact is remarkable. He can definitely take them to a WCF in his first season alone, but I'm not confident on MCHale pushing every fiber in that fiber to reach that extra mile.
    Last edited by RsxPiimp; 10-29-2013 at 05:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls, IMO. Sure, the defense is going to be there with Thibs, but who's gonna score outside of Rose?

They were getting major contributions from Nate and Belli last season, and now they're gone.

Thread Information