Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & he also swore up & ing down (in association with Howard & Nash) that he'd persevere in Kobe's absence Vs. you.

tee, hee.
    Unlike Nash, Howard, Cancer, Dr Buss and you, he didn't quit.

tee, hee

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Lakeshow wants to tank, why are they handing out $20m+ contracts to 35 year olds?
    You just answered your own question, dumbass. They are incapable of beating a team like the Miami Heat (or an up-and-coming Pacers squad) for the next couple of years, so rather than be mediocre (at best) with crickets chirping at Staples, they made a business decision to keep asses in the seats. It's a ty situation, but they weren't going anywhere anyways.

Besides, who were these "missing FA pieces" the Lakers could've had that would've magically made them compe ive with the elite teams?

Howard was a disaster and is mentally weak, Melo is a loser, everybody Brooklyn acquired sucks, etc etc. It's completely diluted right now (which is fine, but nevertheless), and that is why tanking is the only viable option.

Congrats to Pau though for being this season's Gerald Wallace or Al Jefferson. Looks great on the resume.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just answered your own question, dumbass. They are incapable of beating a team like the Miami Heat (or an up-and-coming Pacers squad) for the next couple of years, so rather than be mediocre (at best) with crickets chirping at Staples, they made a business decision to keep asses in the seats. It's a ty situation, but they weren't going anywhere anyways.
    It's only a ty situation because Fredo decided to hand out Nash hilarious money, got rid of any assets to rent Howard and killed the franchise handing out the $30m deal cancer is currently sitting in.
    Now it's compounded by handing out another ridiculous extension to the same cancer, and likely losing the only player that has any actual value on the team in MVPau.

Besides, who were these "missing FA pieces" the Lakers could've had that would've magically made them compe ive with the elite teams?
    This is funny coming from Lakerfan, whose team has a habit of making lopsided trades. Howard wasn't a FA either, until you guys traded a broken knee and garbage for him. Making deals isn't the problem, the problem is the Lakers management extended the wrong player, so who's going to want to go there to play sidekick to a has been? This is a guy that already ran outta town Shaq, Howard and soon Gasol. Nobody that wants to win is going there.

Howard was a disaster and is mentally weak, Melo is a loser, everybody Brooklyn acquired sucks, etc etc. It's completely diluted right now (which is fine, but nevertheless), and that is why tanking is the only viable option.

Congrats to Pau though for being this season's Gerald Wallace or Al Jefferson. Looks great on the resume.
    Well, he's definitely on a contract year, but he's been this good in the past couple of years too. This isn't new. Unfortunately the player that was the second wheel is not even good enough to be a third or fourth wheel right now. It's difficult to win like that, and frankly I don't blame him from walking away once his current deal is done, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    golden thread trapping dat lakers fans

mad

mvpau sucks
    stop with your agenda
    obliged to throw under the bus one of our player

getting trolled for 10 pages

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's only a ty situation because Fredo decided to hand out Nash hilarious money, got rid of any assets to rent Howard and killed the franchise handing out the $30m deal cancer is currently sitting in.
    Now it's compounded by handing out another ridiculous extension to the same cancer, and likely losing the only player that has any actual value on the team in MVPau.

This is funny coming from Lakerfan, whose team has a habit of making lopsided trades. Howard wasn't a FA either, until you guys traded a broken knee and garbage for him. Making deals isn't the problem, the problem is the Lakers management extended the wrong player, so who's going to want to go there to play sidekick to a has been? This is a guy that already ran outta town Shaq, Howard and soon Gasol. Nobody that wants to win is going there.

Well, he's definitely on a contract year, but he's been this good in the past couple of years too. This isn't new. Unfortunately the player that was the second wheel is not even good enough to be a third or fourth wheel right now. It's difficult to win like that, and frankly I don't blame him from walking away once his current deal is done, tbh...
    I'm still waiting for your hypothetical hindsight contender we could've had that could beat Miami.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    golden thread trapping dat lakers fans

mad

mvpau sucks
    stop with your agenda
    obliged to throw under the bus one of our player

getting trolled for 10 pages
    10 emoticons, from a veteran poster too.

Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are incapable of beating a team like the Miami Heat (or an up-and-coming Pacers squad) for the next couple of years
    Quitter.

The Lakers have NEVER built through the draft, but somehow they are now going to adopt this philosophy? Kobe has this year + 2 more. There is not a Duncan or anyone close in this draft who will make the Lakers contenders in that time period. Your best option is a healthy frontcourt rotation of MVPau, Hill, and Kaman, and Nash to make a miraculous comeback, and get a breakout season from one or two of the league min d-Leaguers you've got. That's all still a possibility, but instead the fans have embraced quitting. Congrats.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Quitter.

The Lakers have NEVER built through the draft, but somehow they are now going to adopt this philosophy? Kobe has this year + 2 more. There is not a Duncan or anyone close in this draft who will make the Lakers contenders in that time period. Your best option is a healthy frontcourt rotation of MVPau, Hill, and Kaman, and Nash to make a miraculous comeback, and get a breakout season from one or two of the league min d-Leaguers you've got. That's all still a possibility, but instead the fans have embraced quitting. Congrats.
    Smush, bringing the vanilla bads per par.

I'll bust the second nut on your face when football's over tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for your hypothetical hindsight contender we could've had that could beat Miami.
    There were plenty of solid FA this summer, tbh. Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Mo Williams, Crack-Odom, Derek Fisher... if you wanted a has been SG, you could've had Manu for $7m a season, and still bring in the taco-eating population without killing your cap-space...

Plus it's not like the Lakeshow couldn't have salary-dumped Nash + scrubs for piece like Ariza or Afflalo... the problem though is you had 3 players making exorbitant amounts of money (Cancer $30m, Pau $20m and Nash $9m) and only Pau being worth that money vs production.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

There were plenty of solid FA this summer, tbh. Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Mo Williams, Crack-Odom, Derek Fisher...
    Holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot golden-god Splitter too, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny though that the new rationale is "build a team that can beat the Heat"... if that's the rationale, then the Lakeshow should've been tanking since Phil left... yet, not a peep was heard when they traded for Nash and Howard...

I also don't know how Wiggins help on that either, seeing Kirby is still going to want to be "the man", which automatically means you're not beating the Heat either...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    funny though that the new rationale is "build a team that can beat the Heat"
    Uh, yeah...that's every team's rationale.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    funny though that the new rationale is "build a team that can beat the Heat"...
    You beat 'em, twice.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, yeah...that's every team's rationale.
    But it isn't. 25+ teams aren't tanking. They might not be able to beat the Heat, but business-wise, making the conference finals is already a great deal, money wise.

Also, if that's the rationale, why was Fredo begging Howard to stay? You already knew he wasn't taking you over the top...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    making the conference finals is already a great deal
    As if The Finals.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if The Finals.

tee, hee.
    No doubt. Spurs did a of a job as the underdogs against the defending champs. The Sweep and the Quit was sweet too...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But it isn't. 25+ teams aren't tanking. They might not be able to beat the Heat, but business-wise, making the conference finals is already a great deal, money wise.

Also, if that's the rationale, why was Fredo begging Howard to stay? You already knew he wasn't taking you over the top...
    This isn't San Antonio, where the Spurs have no other compe ion in town to distract their ham-hock wildebeest fanbase...when I go to SA I request a room without a view, tbh.

Making the CF isn't good enough (and they're miles from even being that good) when you have the history the Lakers do while playing in the entertainment capital of the world. It's like the Yankees, where every non- le season is a failure.

I'm guessing you played basketball in a league where everybody got trophies at the end.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No doubt. Spurs did a of a job
    " of a job"...you won! You beat 'em. tee. hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the lakers have been able to construct a roster that could beat the heat? Maybe not. But so far no team in the league can say they can definitely beat the Heat. But their odds would have been much better if they didn't pay Nash 10 mil per year and choose Kobe over Dwight (and pau once free agency hits)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't San Antonio, where the Spurs have no other compe ion in town to distract their ham-hock wildebeest fanbase...when I go to SA I request a room without a view, tbh.

Making the CF isn't good enough (and they're miles from even being that good) when you have the history the Lakers do while playing in the entertainment capital of the world. It's like the Yankees, where every non- le season is a failure.

I'm guessing you played basketball in a league where everybody got trophies at the end.
    so why was Fredo begging? The "rationale" isn't rational in light of that.

Howard just came from blemishing the "history (of) the Lakers ... while playing in the entertainment capital of the world". So I guess now that DHo walked, it's time to pull the "but we weren't beating the Heat anyways, so this was the plan all along" card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " of a job"...you won! You beat 'em. tee. hee.
    We didn't beat them, and that's fine. We could've easily pulled a Lakers, quit and chicken out of it, but instead we put a fight. Going in as the underdogs, it's all you can ask for and they delivered.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We didn't beat them, and that's fine. We could've easily pulled a Lakers, quit and chicken out of it, but instead we put a fight. Going in as the underdogs, it's all you can ask for and they delivered.
    You did beat 'em, El, and you know it. That is what galls you six months and a lifetime ago. You had it right there, the victory, the 5-5, Kobe was in the haberdasher gettin' his bag fitted. You had it all, and you had it your way. What is a man, what has he got, if not himself, than he has not. To say the words he truly feels and not words of the one who kneels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 emoticons, from a veteran poster too.

Yikes.
    still mad
    still getting trolled for 10 pages

Thread Information