My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: Pau is the greatest thing in the universe since the hamburger
    lakers fans: no no he sucks, he is worst than bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did beat 'em, El, and you know it. That is what galls you six months and a lifetime ago. You had it right there, the victory, the 5-5, Kobe was in the haberdasher gettin' his bag fitted. You had it all, and you had it your way. What is a man, what has he got, if not himself, than he has not. To say the words he truly feels and not words of the one who kneels.
    Nope and nope, you're not dragging the Spurs into this convo. MVPau isn't like you, he doesn't chicken out of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We didn't beat them, and that's fine. We could've easily pulled a Lakers, quit and chicken out of it, but instead we put a fight. Going in as the underdogs, it's all you can ask for and they delivered.
    Do you post this mickey mouse rah-rah bull with a straight face, tbh? You were sobbing into your spurs snuggie when they choked, and now you're trying to rationalize the most epic collapse in history.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope and nope, you're not dragging the Spurs into this convo. MVPau isn't like you, he doesn't chicken out of it.
    lmcontrollinao!!!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you post this mickey mouse rah-rah bull with a straight face, tbh? You were sobbing into your spurs snuggie when they choked, and now you're trying to rationalize the most epic collapse in history.
    DsOA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link, tbh?

Let's keep talking about how tanking is going to make your team beat the Heat though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot golden-god Splitter too, tbh...
    Best defensive big in the league...lakers fans would trade Pau for our Brazilian god in a heartbeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: Pau is the greatest thing in the universe since the hamburger
    lakers fans: no no he sucks, he is worst than bonner

this is because they've been running with the "Kirby didn't have any help" line the past couple of seasons, when in reality MVPau has been the one carrying this team despite Kirby dragging him down...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    link, tbh?

Let's keep talking about how tanking is going to make your team beat the Heat though
    It certainly beats your "You could've had Monta Ellis!" strategy. I get it, bro...just like with Manu, you have a soft spot for illegal aliens. Kindred spirits, I suppose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is because they've been running with the "Kirby didn't have any help" line the past couple of seasons, when in reality MVPau has been the one carrying this team despite Kirby dragging him down...
    Thread of the year hands down, 10 pages and counting... You did a fine job ElNono...that's Manu vintage right there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It certainly beats your "You could've had Monta Ellis!" strategy. I get it, bro...just like with Manu, you have a soft spot for illegal aliens. Kindred spirits, I suppose
    So no answer on why Fredo was begging Howard and how that somehow fits with this new "building a team to beat the Heat" rationale?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Small market fanbases have nothing else to preoccupy their time, so they pour their lives into their sports teams. You cried, and are now denying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monta Ellis > Pau tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small market fanbases have nothing else to preoccupy their time, so they pour their lives into their sports teams. You cried, and are now denying it
    No link? No surprises there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats racist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't blame DD though... going from GOAT Dr Buss to Fredo is probably one of the worst swings in ownership in the history of the league, tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So no answer on why Fredo was begging Howard and how that somehow fits with this new "building a team to beat the Heat" rationale?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
    Yeah, it's new...he took a shot and missed. Back to the drawing board, since there's no worthwhile FA's. "Best" shot at rebuilding now is grabbing one of those Top 4 picks...or just wait a few more years till real talent hits the market.

Monta Ellis
    40 y/o Derek Fisher

Some of the worst takes I've read in years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I apologize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Fisher was in the Finals just a season ago... not sure why Lakerfan keeps on hating on their last true floor general, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, this thread is a testament on how good Pau was, so next season they can't pull a Fisher on him, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's new...he took a shot and missed. Back to the drawing board, since there's no worthwhile FA's. "Best" shot at rebuilding now is grabbing one of those Top 4 picks...or just wait a few more years till real talent hits the market.
    So you're saying the Lakeshow could've beat the Heat with Howard back and this cluster , despite what you've seen last season?

You sure you want to talk about worst takes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, the argument that the only way to go is to "build a team to beat the Heat" is yours, and only yours. I've stated that business-wise, a good/solid Laker team, even if they can't win it all, is still a much more marketable team that this abortion.

That's where players like Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, etc could've helped fortify Gasol into being such a team. Same buzz that was there when 38 year old Nash was signed for $30 million, tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you're saying the Lakeshow could've beat the Heat with Howard back and this cluster , despite what you've seen last season?
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. And FWIW, one thing I agreed with Bynumite on, was that the Lakeshow avoided a bullet when DHo didn't extend.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW, the argument that the only way to go is to "build a team to beat the Heat" is yours, and only yours. I've stated that business-wise, a good/solid Laker team, even if they can't win it all, is still a much more marketable team that this abortion.

That's where players like Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, etc could've helped fortify Gasol into being such a team. Same buzz that was there when 38 year old Nash was signed for $30 million, tbh...
    wow

Thread Information