Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Robert E.Howard wrote his Conan stories back in the 30's, he sold them to WEIRD TALES, the leading pulp fiction mag of the day. Howards other characters...Kull, Solomon Kane, Brak Mak Mon, El Borak, Brule the Spear Slayer weren't as unforgettable as Conan. Kull and Solomon Kane have also been made into movies. Then there was all those imitators like...

Kandar
    Thongor
    Kane
    Oron
    Kyrik
    Kothar

....all Conan wannabes, written by a slew of wannabe Robert E. Howards.

There is nobody not even Edgar Rice Burroughs who sells....ancient land, lone wandering warrior, magnificent settings, diobolical villians and incredible adventure....like REH. When Conan faces off vs a bull ape (gorilla) it takes all Conan can do to finally defeat the monstrosity, he can't match the brutes strength, so he has to out think it. Yep, believable.

From scene one/book one....running from a pack of wolves as a youth...to....sitting atop the throne brooding over politics of his kingdom, a touch of grey in his hair, the 12 official (tons of others actually writing Conan stories) Conan books by REH are as good as heroic fantasy/sword and sorcery gets, the absolute pinnacle. Hollywood still hasn't actually captured the feel of a REH Conan story, I don't think it's possible.

A typical night in Conans life would have him downing a few mugs of ale at some nasty bar before the local bully hassles him, which leads to the poor guy getting broke in half, then bored with it all Conan grabs the most lucious of the bar s and heads off to an upstairs room, not a word spoken during any of it.

Michael Moor s...Elric of Melniborn...the closet thing to rivaling Conan.

Last edited by Avante; 11-08-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OP is a Rapist

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Jimmy Fallon's show is better, imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jimmy Kimmel FTW

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Jimmy Fallon's show is better, imo
    Nah, Conan is way better, Fallon is a smarmy bag who just isn't that funny, tbh....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    A human outthinking a gorilla?

What will they think of next?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I need to keep it real simple...huh? Way top deep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Old age must really suck

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What really sucks is immaturity and being too stupid to figure out new posters constantly arrive in this sites.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    What, one in the last year?

They should know early on how you post the same threads over and over.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What, one in the last year?

They should know early on how you post the same threads over and over.
    And if I posted it 10 times a year, there you'd be, humping away.

Every thought of just attaching yourself to my leg, glue or nails or something? That way you are always right there never too far away.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    And if I posted it 10 times a year, there you'd be there
    I would point out the superfluousness, yes.

You got a problem with that?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would point out the superfluousness, yes.

You got a problem with that?
    Well considering you do nothing here yourself but leech off all of us, yep!

Dude, instead of following me/us around 24/7 365 ya ever thought of getting out from under our lives and start a life of your own? Ya know like big people do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Well considering you do nothing here yourself but leech off all of us, yep!

Dude, instead of following me/us around 24/7 365 ya ever thought of getting out from under our lives and start a life of your own? Ya know like big people do.
    Asked and answered.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What really sucks is immaturity and being too stupid to figure out new posters constantly arrive in this sites.
    no they don't

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    this site doesn't accept new posters anymore

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It really is amazing how important "a" thread is here. I guess I could talk vagina's and penis's....hmmm?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It really is amazing how important "a" thread is here.
    It seems important to you. Considering you believe that anyone who doesn't create threads is just leeching off those who do.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It seems important to you. Considering you believe that anyone who doesn't create threads is just leeching off those who do.
    It's not about threads as much as it is being a participant not just a little pest like you are.

You hang with some music lovers, the guys are bringing their CD's in so others can see what they listen to, you always criticize but.....never bring any of your stuff, let me guess, you don't get it.

When all anyone ever does is play critic it sucks, ok shorty?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's not about threads as much as it is being a participant not just a little pest like you are.

You hang with some music lovers, the guys are bringing their CD's in so others can see what they listen to, you always criticize but.....never bring any of your stuff, let me guess, you don't get it.

When all anyone ever does is play critic it sucks, ok shorty?
    I do participate. I have tried to talk music with you, but you're just as critical as I am, bud. You are all about being a bulldog, know-it-all, ego driven jackass. You don't want a real discussion. So, cut the crap, li'l man.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do participate. I have tried to talk music with you, but you're just as critical as I am, bud. You are all about being a bulldog, know-it-all, ego driven jackass. You don't want a real discussion. So, cut the crap, li'l man.
    I;m not talking about anyone dealing with me, I have made it very very obvious I'm an arrogant know it all prick, so enter at your own risk.....I'm talking about being a real participant here and not just somebody going around looking for who you can bother like you do now. Notice how people come to me and I don't follow others around, ya see I do things, people come to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;m not talking about anyone dealing with me, I have made it very very obvious I'm an arrogant know it all prick, so enter at your own risk.....I'm talking about being a real participant here and not just somebody going around looking for who you can bother like you do now. Notice how people come to me and I don't follow others around, ya see I do things, people come to me.
    I dunno. Maybe I don't want people calling me a got pedophile all day everyday. To each his own.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dunno. Maybe I don't want people calling me a got pedophile all day everyday. To each his own.
    People or a few immature assholes who with everyone? Everyone with even half a brain are well aware of that US military in foreign bars situation. So I'm suppose to worry about obvious idiots and pricks? What it is is that I can talk about a lot of things a little deeper than....BIG S...WET VAGINAS....and it bothers the simple s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People or a few immature assholes who with everyone? Everyone with even half a brain are well aware of that US military in foreign bars situation. So I'm suppose to worry about obvious idiots and pricks? What it is is that I can talk about a lot of things a little deeper than....BIG S...WET VAGINAS....and it bothers the simple s.
    For the record I never called you a pedo or a got.

Thread Information