View Poll Results: is PG a legit Superstar?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10 player for the next few years

12 37.50%
  • Perennial All Star at best

10 31.25%
  • About to blow up, Top 3 player

10 31.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both him and Leonard could go and average 30pts per game on a ty team. Not taking anything away from George, but he's on a good team, like Leonard is too.

Plus outside of TP, the Spurs really don't have a pecking order as far as 'options'. It's a highly choreographed offense, where the guy with the open shot takes it.
    Good son. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought he was vastly overrated, tbh... but he's been playing much better the last two seasons... he still need that legitimization that comes with reaching a Finals or even winning one...

Veteran
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    Both him and Leonard could go and average 30pts per game on a ty team. Not taking anything away from George, but he's on a good team, like Leonard is too.

Plus outside of TP, the Spurs really don't have a pecking order as far as 'options'. It's a highly choreographed offense, where the guy with the open shot takes it.
    Pg is averaging 25 on a great team.. leonard not so much. Leonard is nowhere close to pg talent. Take off your rose coloured shades bro. Its clouding your judgement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pg is averaging 25 on a great team.. leonard not so much. Leonard is nowhere close to pg talent. Take off your rose coloured shades bro. Its clouding your judgement.
    you're a dumbass, kawhi could easily average 25 if he was the 2nd option on his team, he takes shots behind tony, tim, green, and even manu sometimes. kawhi is also a better defender than paul. and lol @ pg garbage fg%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi had 18 points in 23 minutes today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't run our offense through Leonard, tbh... I don't think it's a 'homer' take at all. He's averaging 12ppg by just taking opportunity shots and fastbreak baskets.

I do think PG has better handles than Leonard and is further along in development (he has one more year in the league). Leonard, IMO, is the better lockdown defender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you're a dumbass, kawhi could easily average 25 if he was the 2nd option on his team, he takes shots behind tony, tim, green, and even manu sometimes. kawhi is also a better defender than paul. and lol @ pg garbage fg%
    Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son. Leonard doesn't get his points as a #1 option. He eats 3rd at best. Given how young he is, does it not disturb you that he hasn't yearned to be a bigger part of the offense? He is your best athlete - he should demand a bigger piece of the pie. Shaq/Kobe. Shaq was the man bar none. 21-year old Kobe improved his game every year. It got to the point whereas he wasn't willing to go with the status quo. He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence. For good measure, he went on to lead us to 3 more Finals and b2b chips. I just don't see that hunger in Leonard that the all-time greats have. Even with those air balls he launched as a rookie, you knew he had it, and eventually would lead us to rings. I just don't see that in Leonard.

Simply put, if teams game planned to stop Leonard as a #1 option - like they do for PG on a nightly basis - he'd likely see a major dip in his production and efficiency as a player. Then this silly comparison endsPERIOD. PG >>>> Leonard and it ain't even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son. Leonard doesn't get his points as a #1 option. He eats 3rd at best. Given how young he is, does it not disturb you that he hasn't yearned to be a bigger part of the offense? He is your best athlete - he should demand a bigger piece of the pie. Shaq/Kobe. Shaq was the man bar none. 21-year old Kobe improved his game every year. It got to the point whereas he wasn't willing to go with the status quo. He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence. For good measure, he went on to lead us to 3 more Finals and b2b chips. I just don't see that hunger in Leonard that the all-time greats have. Even with those air balls he launched as a rookie, you knew he had it, and eventually would lead us to rings. I just don't see that in Leonard.

Simply put, if teams game planned to stop Leonard as a #1 option - like they do for PG on a nightly basis - he'd likely see a major dip in his production and efficiency as a player. Then this silly comparison endsPERIOD. PG >>>> Leonard and it ain't even close.
    You lost all credibility at Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who says he doesn't want more responsibility? What you're saying is that he should be a ballhog like Kobe and start chucking up shots, Kawhi is better than that. He isn't some who is worried about his personal stats. Seriously lakerfan, you're all wrong.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy homerific revisionist history batman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, I don't know about basketball but that had to be one of the worst takes of all time. How the is that guy bolded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao at the revisionist history... Shaq was the 3 peat commanding the attention nobody else did... when Kirby thought he was too cool for school, he ran Shaq out of town and proceeded to post a losing record, including missing the playoffs, in his prime until he could get another big to coattail on... In other words, no, you don't want leonard to be another narcissist that thinks he's better than he really is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG has g ood swagger, at least they are not comparing him or anointing him to be the next jordan or rapist from LA....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lmao at the revisionist history... Shaq was the 3 peat commanding the attention nobody else did... when Kirby thought he was too cool for school, he ran Shaq out of town and proceeded to post a losing record, including missing the playoffs, in his prime until he could get another big to coattail on... In other words, no, you don't want leonard to be another narcissist that thinks he's better than he really is
    I knew my post would cause some butthurt. My bad son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You lost all credibility at Kobe.
    Truth hurts? Greatness is greedy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew my post would cause some butthurt. My bad son.
    no, it was just a terrible job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG has g ood swagger, at least they are not comparing him or anointing him to be the next jordan or rapist from LA....
    Larry Bird as a mentor >>>>>> MJ as role model

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence.
    Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holy homerific revisionist history batman
    Was the bolded incorrect? Was he not a major part of a 3-peat and b2b chips after The Eviction!?

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he's a legit superstar but even the standard of a superstar may vary considerably imho. The prime Rashard Lewis was a legit superstar too, hope PG won't end up following that way.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sold on his dribbling and jumpshots. His offensive decision making is not there yet too, did several mistakes in the games against Miami.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm a s of my former self" - Andrew Bynum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe was dragged to rings. He cost the Lakers at least 2 other rings, maybe more. He ran Shaq off then Phil. Then the world found out just how much of a role Bryant played in winning rings as he sucked ass for a few seasons prior to The Whining which spawned The Gift which inspired Lakers fan en masse thus The Influx and subsequently The Facade and from there The Coddling. Now they've entered The Sucking and Lakers fan has commenced The Reminiscing followed by The Revision.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe was dragged to rings. He cost the Lakers at least 2 other rings, maybe more. He ran Shaq off then Phil. Then the world found out just how much of a role Bryant played in winning rings as he sucked ass for a few seasons prior to The Whining which spawned The Gift which inspired Lakers fan en masse thus The Influx and subsequently The Facade and from there The Coddling. Now they've entered The Sucking and Lakers fan has commenced The Reminiscing followed by The Revision.
    16 hours later... My post still stings det BNSF ass.

Thread Information