Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Jameis Winston’s accuser plans to sue Heisman Trophy winner

BY TIM POLZER
    Jameis Winston led Florida State to its third national championship. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

The attorney for the woman who accused Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston of rape said her client plans to file a civil lawsuit against the Heisman Trophy winner, the Tallahassee Police Department and possibly Florida State University.

Pat Carroll, representing the woman who claims Winston raped her in December 2012, told ABC News: “I want heads to roll.”
    In December, Florida state attorney Willie Meggsdeclined to pursue sexual assault charges against the Seminoles quarterback, citing a lack of evidence and gaps in the accuser’s story.
    Carroll said the Tallahassee Police Department’s negligent handling her client’s case led to Meggs’ decision to not pursue charges.
    “Absolutely you’re going to see a civil suit,” Carroll said. “You can not have law enforcement that is not held accountable.”
    Carroll said, “The family is proceeding, with civil action against the TPD and Jameis Winston. And possibly the university.”
    BURKE: Jameis Winston and other 2014 NFL Draft prospects
    Tallahassee Police Chief Tom Coe said in December that his department “took the case seriously, processed evidence and conducted an investigation based on information available at that time.”
    Winston led Florida State to a last-minute 34-31 win over Auburn in the BCS national championship game Monday night.

Post Count
    Free Jameis Winston!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In his announcement, the prosecutor, William N. Meggs, acknowledged a number of shortcomings in the police investigation. In fact, an examination by The New York Times has found that there was virtually no investigation at all, either by the police or the university.

The police did not follow the obvious leads that would have quickly identified the suspect as well as witnesses, one of whom videotaped part of the sexual encounter. After the accuser identified Mr. Winston as her assailant, the police did not even attempt to interview him for nearly two weeks and never obtained his DNA.

The detective handling the case waited two months to write his first report and then prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser. By the time the prosecutor got the case, important evidence had disappeared, including the video of the sexual act.

“They just missed all the basic fundamental stuff that you are supposed to do,” Mr. Meggs said in a recent interview. Even so, he cautioned, a better investigation might have yielded the same result.

The case has unfolded as colleges and universities across the country are facing rising criticism over how they deal with sexual assault, as well as questions about whether athletes sometimes receive preferential treatment. The Times’s examination — based on police and university records, as well as interviews with people close to the case, including lawyers and sexual assault experts — found that, in the Winston case, Florida State did little to determine what had happened.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-winston.html

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    well as the hypocritical a-holes at ESPN said the other day: "it's good to be jameis winston".

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol NCAA...he'll go all Big Rape on some chick when he gets to the pros and there will a be a lot of "I told you so's" going around.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/4...ab-legs-publix

Jameis Winston cited for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    and after they just got told they can have all they can eat at school

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and after they just got told they can have all they can eat at school

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    What's the fiirst word that comes to your mind when you hear a story like that?

A rapist and a thief. What a quality human being.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Forgot to snatch the butter--probably the most integral part of any crab cooking or crustacean devouring...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Is anyone actually surprised, tbh? lol He's obviously a crap human being who feels like he can get away with anything since he already got away with rape.

How long until ESPN spins the story and makes Winston the victim?

"He had to steal crab legs to eat!"
    "This is proof that the NCAA needs to pay it's players!"
    "Don't forget Sterling!"

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    "If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head," Winston joked.

ing idiot

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    anyone who drafts this dumb spook

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    My favorite photoshop:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    "If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head," Winston joked.

ing idiot
    Inbred
    Hoyer's backup

Post Count
    The man wanted to play for UT. Is he worth it after all this?

Crofl UT would a done a waaaaay better job of sweeping his bull under the rug.

Thread Information