Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those bigs are what three to five years away from maybe making it into the NBA which is OK if Timmy is going to retire after yhis year? For me I want to draft someone who can start with the second unit and gives us something to help us win next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has a new scouting vid on Inglis. I have to admit, he's the guy I'd most like the Spurs to take at #30. Even if that's considered a reach at this point, this kid's unparalleled measurables and present skill-set (defense and rebounding) alone make him intriguing. Add to that the fact that he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft and the Spurs have an excellent track record with international players. I see a future starting SF tbqh...hope he stays in and the Spurs pull the trigger.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'd take Ayres or Daye for those picks and that's all we have to offer. Don't think Philly gutted their team for those picks just to sell them off.

Who would you trade for those picks?
    Yeah, I was thinking future conditional pick and/or one of our fringe players.

I dont think Krispats would be available at 30,regardless of how many spots he falls in mocks. Someone is gonna take a chance with this guy around the 20 pick.
    Same goes for Bogdan, a few pick later.
    That's why I had 5 guys listed (6 with Inglis), I would love to take any of them and would just love to take advantage if a good one drops to maybe get 2 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was thinking future conditional pick and/or one of our fringe players
    Picks in the 30s are pretty highly valued, so I doubt the Spurs could offer a conditional future pick as a value proposition...especially considering the depth of this particular draft and the likelihood the Spurs won't be picking in that range for at least a few more years.

I could see CoJo possibly, but even that's a stretch with Mills a FA and Joseph's overall value hard to gauge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has a new scouting vid on Inglis. I have to admit, he's the guy I'd most like the Spurs to take at #30. Even if that's considered a reach at this point, this kid's unparalleled measurables and present skill-set (defense and rebounding) alone make him intriguing. Add to that the fact that he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft and the Spurs have an excellent track record with international players. I see a future starting SF tbqh...hope he stays in and the Spurs pull the trigger.
    Yeah I am thinking that is going to happen but I still think we need to move up in the second round by trading CoJo or our next years protected first round draft pick. First round get Bogdanovic Sg or Semaj Christon PG...then get Inglis early second pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft combine this week will have hours of coverage on ESPNU, espn2, and nbatv, so set your DVRs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm big on the Bog man but I'm not sure what FO take is considering Beli/Manu/Bertans/LJC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty confident they pick one of Dinwiddie/Bogdan/Payton if available...

We need someone who can create and be a plus defender at the same time... If they lose Green next summer then what...

I wouldn't mind if they traded for an early second rounder but I don't see anything that'd get us that kind of pick aside from Beli and Pop seems in love with him so I don't see it... Unless we lose to the Thunder, then all bets are off... What do you think Beli is worth? And Beli + our first?

I'd say Beli = 2 early second rounders
    Beli + first = pick around 20

Also I note that the Suns have the 18th and 27th pick corresponding to Capela and Payton on DX, two players that could interest the Spurs a whole lot. And it's pretty clear that they don't want/can't really afford to keep all 3 first rounders...

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see what PHI does, they could end up having a great team next season.
    MCW will play better (?), Wiggins or Parker, Noel and another pick, maybe Saric. I do think they need a SG.
    PHI fans have to be happy.
    And on top of that, they have money to spend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn after watching this game today forget drafting the best player we need to draft the best SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaQuinton Ross looks to have great size and can shoot the 3. Good option at #57

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kid seems like he was made to play with Kawhi tbh...

Anyway the Spurs looking at guards and PGs in particular sounds good to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that stache...

If his injury heals properly he can be a massive steal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact they are looking at two point guards makes me think the Spurs sense they'll lose Mills to another team's lucrative offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with expiring deals become free agents on July 1, 2014. The draft is a week before. Is it possible to sign-and-trade a soon to be free agent (e.g., Mills) on draft day as part of a draft-day trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with expiring deals become free agents on July 1, 2014. The draft is a week before. Is it possible to sign-and-trade a soon to be free agent (e.g., Mills) on draft day as part of a draft-day trade?
    Not completely. A team can extend-and-trade a player, but that wouldn't apply to Mills or Diaw. They could also theoretically agree to a trade involving a draft pick in June that would be finalized with a S&T in July. That's dicey, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kid seems like he was made to play with Kawhi tbh...

Anyway the Spurs looking at guards and PGs in particular sounds good to me.
    Can you IMAGINE the havoc that those two would play in the passing lanes? Payton is a ing THIEF. He's basically a 6'4" Kawhi, complete with broke ass jumper, but WITH great PG skills, and 3 years of D1 basketball experience under his belt. He started school and spent most of his freshman year at 17, so he's only 20. Oh, and he also rebounds exceptionally for his position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if you cant find seven footers who play hard noised D then find other positions where they bring it. Would like him on our team for sure and would fit in nicely also think that Semaj Christon who is younger and plays some pretty dang good defense would be nice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exstatic - How much would you be willing to give to gem....next years number one and maybe CoJo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exstatic - How much would you be willing to give to gem....next years number one and maybe CoJo?
    I would give up CoJo or any player not on our roster yet, plus our pick THIS year to go up to 18 or 19. Those would be the second picks of the first round for PHO and CHI.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not completely. A team can extend-and-trade a player, but that wouldn't apply to Mills or Diaw. They could also theoretically agree to a trade involving a draft pick in June that would be finalized with a S&T in July. That's dicey, though.
    Thanks, just curious.

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The player I've had my eye on is Jordan Adams... I'd love to see him as a Spur. Sounds like he had a great 1st day at the combine yesterday, but then today he registers a poor 29.5" vert. Hopefully that creates enough doubt to let him fall to pick 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has their new post combine mock draft up now. Big climber in the first was Zach Levine from 30 to 16. Having a sweet jumper and having your MAX vert test out at 41.5" will do that. Kyle Anderson dropped back from the teens to #23 after the combine tests. Not sure why anyone was surprised that a player with the nickname Slow Motion tested relatively poorly.

The big climber in the second was Greek Freak II, from 58 to 40. He apparently had very good scrimmage workouts.

Thread Information