Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors is only 22 and still improving each year. Getting him and moving back 4 spots for a player who hasn't played an nba minute and is far from a guarantee is a pretty good deal for Cleveland. It could screw up there Lebron plans though if they are planning on making a push there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida C Patric Young

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patric-young

I don't see that happening
    I would hate it tbh. Young would be a great pick with the 2nd round pick though. Not sure if he falls that much.

Ford was "playing" a draft game on twitter today and he said that SA would take Mitch Gary with the 30th. Crazy that nobody has SA getting an European .

Unless someone really good falls to SA, I really think that San Antonio will draft an European player. Hopefully it's Micic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs end up going with a guard I really like Nick Johnson from Zona. Kid reminds me of Westbrook a little with his size and athleticism. Still a combo guard at this time and would have to learn to play the 1 more often, but the kid is very dynamic and can get to the rim fairly easily with his athleticism.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKYf5glSnDE
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nick-Johnson-6524/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors is only 22 and still improving each year. Getting him and moving back 4 spots for a player who hasn't played an nba minute and is far from a guarantee is a pretty good deal for Cleveland. It could screw up there Lebron plans though if they are planning on making a push there.
    Yeah he's good but not great, the Jazz really need a franchise player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate it tbh. Young would be a great pick with the 2nd round pick though. Not sure if he falls that much.

Ford was "playing" a draft game on twitter today and he said that SA would take Mitch Gary with the 30th. Crazy that nobody has SA getting an European .

Unless someone really good falls to SA, I really think that San Antonio will draft an European player. Hopefully it's Micic
    Yeah. I think SA will go the draft n stash route or possibly swap it for a future first. I just don't see them adding another guaranteed contract onto the books with the uncertainty surrounding parts of the roster right now.

If the Spurs do take an American player who's ready to play now then it must be somebody they really like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this draft in the first round we can get someone who I think can get some playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true that Bertans is coming over this summer, then the Spurs have 13 of 15 spots locked down, provided they bring back everyone except Bonner. If Matt comes back, then it's only 14. DeShaun Thomas seems -bent on staying on this side of the Atlantic next season, so the Spurs are probably have to give him a camp invite. In such a case, I see Thomas and Daye fighting it out for the 15th spot. If there's no Bonner, then they would probably both get a spot.

The only way I see a first-rounder getting playing time (or even a roster spot) next season is if at least one of Mills, Diaw, Baynes or Bonner fails to return. The problem is that the Spurs won't know any of that on Thursday. So they'd probably pick a stash player anticipating a tight roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true that Bertans is coming over this summer, then the Spurs have 13 of 15 spots locked down, provided they bring back everyone except Bonner. If Matt comes back, then it's only 14. DeShaun Thomas seems -bent on staying on this side of the Atlantic next season, so the Spurs are probably have to give him a camp invite. In such a case, I see Thomas and Daye fighting it out for the 15th spot. If there's no Bonner, then they would probably both get a spot.

The only way I see a first-rounder getting playing time (or even a roster spot) next season is if at least one of Mills, Diaw, Baynes or Bonner fails to return. The problem is that the Spurs won't know any of that on Thursday. So they'd probably pick a stash player anticipating a tight roster.
    Nobody is talking much about Baynes. Hes a free agent just the same as some of our others (albeit, restricted). Any chance he walks? When he got minutes in the playoffs he played well. Even though hes older than his relative experience might suggest, he still might be a decent signing for another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is talking much about Baynes. Hes a free agent just the same as some of our others (albeit, restricted). Any chance he walks? When he got minutes in the playoffs he played well. Even though hes older than his relative experience might suggest, he still might be a decent signing for another team.
    There's some chance. He could get a $10M/3 or $12M/4 deal similar to what Mahinmi got from Indiana a couple of years ago (although Ian's $16M/4 deal is just bananas). I wouldn't want the Spurs to match that unless perhaps they absolutely knew Tim was retiring after next season. He's really not worth much more than Ayres got yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some chance. He could get a $10M/3 or $12M/4 deal similar to what Mahinmi got from Indiana a couple of years ago (although Ian's $16M/4 deal is just bananas). I wouldn't want the Spurs to match that unless perhaps they absolutely knew Tim was retiring after next season. He's really not worth much more than Ayres got yet.
    Mahinmi got that contract because he was an unbelievable athlete, and Dallas and Indy didn't realize what we figured out: he's not really a basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida C Patric Young

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patric-young

I don't see that happening
    It's odd that Chad Ford would have the Spurs drafting a guy who's projected to be a mid-2nd rounder in most other mocks all the way up to #30. If he were just making an educated guess about whom the Spurs were to pick, he would've just picked a player in the #25 - #35 range that fits a team need.

The only way this pick could make sense if he heard something from someone with inside info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's odd that Chad Ford would have the Spurs drafting a guy who's projected to be a mid-2nd rounder in most other mocks all the way up to #30. If he were just making an educated guess about whom the Spurs were to pick, he would've just picked a player in the #25 - #35 range that fits a team need.

The only way this pick could make sense if he heard something from someone with inside info.
    Meh I don't believe it one second... If the yahoo guys start saying the same thing I'd give it a chance but at this point I don't see it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the best assets the Spurs can use on draft night to trade up?

- future picks

- Beli or Beli+Daye

- some capspace

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting video...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the best assets the Spurs can use on draft night to trade up?

- future picks

- Beli or Beli+Daye

- some capspace
    ^^Or outright Cash and buy a pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That video makes me want to move up a few spots in the 2nd round to make sure we get Khem Birch

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting video...

Glaring error saying Payton played in the Big Sky.

But yes on Birch. Guys like him always seem to be able to play at least a bit in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Spurs end up drafting some guy none of us saw coming. Like Spencer Dinwiddie

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Spurs end up drafting some guy none of us saw coming. Like Spencer Dinwiddie
    Dinwiddie wouldn't be a bad choice IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My cousin works at the airport and he said he overheard Chad Ford and Patric Young talking as they were waiting for their connecting flights ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie is the best PG in this draft. Just ask Spencer Dinwiddie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie is the best PG in this draft. Just ask Spencer Dinwiddie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN has reliable insiders for NFL, but Chad Ford as an insider is laughable. And the fact that they make you pay for his insights is insulting, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how it usually works out.

The George Hill draft was the best. Complete meltdown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice catch. Seems like a lot of potential candidates out there. Spurs should trade a future draft pick for Suns #27.

Thread Information