Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think other teams have figured out our mis-directions and workout shutdowns. That may be the sole reason that McGary is listed as our pick on a couple of mocks. He's not working out for anyone, and has only provided his medical records to Milwaukee. The problem with that is he doesn't fit what we've been drafting the last 3-4 years. He's not a premier athlete, and his wingspan is identical to his height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is interesting, but I don't think that's something that should be interpreted in the way you've described it. I'm not aware of any draftees who have already canceled workouts this year, but if there is and he makes sense for San Antonio, then sure. But that's two draft picks in six years you mention. Was this the same case with all the other draft picks in between?
    Damien Inglis didn't attend Eurocamp and shut down workouts after the Nike Hoop Summit, where he measured out really well and showed decently in practice. Just sayin...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think other teams have figured out our mis-directions and workout shutdowns. That may be the sole reason that McGary is listed as our pick on a couple of mocks. He's not working out for anyone, and has only provided his medical records to Milwaukee. The problem with that is he doesn't fit what we've been drafting the last 3-4 years. He's not a premier athlete, and his wingspan is identical to his height.
    Yeah his actions are indeed weird. Why would you withold your medical records? Unless of course some team out there already has a promise. Rumor has it that it is the Bobcats. A McRoberts replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see him going to Austin to hone his craft, it's just been past experiences that kill me on the athleticism with raw talent kinda players, those guys usually don't pan out in SA. I do like his athleticism though, he can run the court, can leap out of the gym and is long. His shot doesn't need a lot of work, just needs either a higher release point or he needs to get a little more air under his feet.
    i haven't seen his shot, but it cant be anyworse than Marion shooting from the hip

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i haven't seen his shot, but it cant be anyworse than Marion shooting from the hip
    It's not horrid looking like Marion but it's too stiff, looks like a Shane Battier shot rather than an in flow jump shot. He needs to work on his footwork and mechanics. Needs to go through extensive passing drills too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically, our pick that year was Kawhi, we just had to wait until 2011 for him to join the team.
    No, technically our pick was for George Hill - you know, the guy we actually picked. George was here for 3 seasons - 75% of his rookie contract. And during that time he was a solid addition to our team. Now I'm undoubtedly happy we flipped him for Kawhi, but I'm not going to knock his contributions during the time he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damien Inglis didn't attend Eurocamp and shut down workouts after the Nike Hoop Summit, where he measured out really well and showed decently in practice. Just sayin...
    Thats pretty proto-typical Spurs. Plus...hes French.

Memories of drafting Mahinmi and Jean-Charles are dancing through my mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats pretty proto-typical Spurs. Plus...hes French.

Memories of drafting Mahinmi and Jean-Charles are dancing through my mind.
    Yeah... this guy propably is in the radar. Capela is also a target but I doubt Spurs can pick him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not horrid looking like Marion but it's too stiff, looks like a Shane Battier shot rather than an in flow jump shot. He needs to work on his footwork and mechanics. Needs to go through extensive passing drills too
    Leonard's shot really looked bad when he came out of San Diego. It got fixed. It is as if the Spurs can grab anyone (see: Green, Leonard, Mills) and their shot gets much better. The big mystery.... Joseph.... why hasn't his shot improved?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's shot really looked bad when he came out of San Diego. It got fixed. It is as if the Spurs can grab anyone (see: Green, Leonard, Mills) and their shot gets much better. The big mystery.... Joseph.... why hasn't his shot improved?
    His shooting percentages have increased each year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the sort of thing that annoys me. Fans seem to think Chip can turn anyone in to an elite shooter, which is obviously not the case. If the Spurs take a player with a bad jump shot, its because they've identified it and think they can fix it. That is absolutely not the same as being able to turn anybody into a jump shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some news about Nurkic, although he is clearly out of our range unless the Spurs trade up.

He wants to go to the nba now, doesn't want any stashing. He still has contract with his team, so a buyout will be needed, the team will pay 500k €, the rest is on him.

Source is his agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some news about Nurkic, although he is clearly out of our range unless the Spurs trade up.

He wants to go to the nba now, doesn't want any stashing. He still has contract with his team, so a buyout will be needed, the team will pay 500k €, the rest is on him.

Source is his agent.
    Capela also wants to go to the nba right away, I've seen some mock drafts that said he was a draft and stash option but it's wrong...

Also just relaying that tid bit with Saric :

Basically only says he met with the Lakers and the Hawks and that he won't come right away... Said one or 2 years from now but imo if you draft him you gotta expect 3 years... Makes too much sense money-wise for him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afaik it was said for Saric that he'll probably play 2 seasons for Efes, I think his contract is 2+1 so that kind of makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the sort of thing that annoys me. Fans seem to think Chip can turn anyone in to an elite shooter, which is obviously not the case. If the Spurs take a player with a bad jump shot, its because they've identified it and think they can fix it. That is absolutely not the same as being able to turn anybody into a jump shooter.
    Not saying everybody's shot can be fixed there are of course limits.

I mean, even Splitter who was horrible as the stripe, now is pretty consistent. The Spurs staff know how to correct problems with shooting. Of course, I guy who starts out with talent (i.e. Neal) is better than one that does not (i.e. Ayres). I haven't seen Ayres shot improve over the course of the season.... what gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying everybody's shot can be fixed there are of course limits.

I mean, even Splitter who was horrible as the stripe, now is pretty consistent. The Spurs staff know how to correct problems with shooting. Of course, I guy who starts out with talent (i.e. Neal) is better than one that does not (i.e. Ayres). I haven't seen Ayres shot improve over the course of the season.... what gives?
    Can't improve his shot if he can't catch the ball. As far as the Spurs and improving player's shooting, the Spurs (aka Chip) are good at correcting and simplifying shot mechanics, but even they aren't miracle workers. There has to be something they can work with and a player willing to adjust his shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't improve his shot if he can't catch the ball. As far as the Spurs and improving player's shooting, the Spurs (aka Chip) are good at correcting and simplifying shot mechanics, but even they aren't miracle workers. There has to be something they can work with and a player willing to adjust his shot
    I agree, fixing Ayres shot may take a miracle. On the other hand, the FO may have thought that it was fixable prior to signing him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn't make any sense to me, you can easily get a point in free agency, if you're gonna move up get a big... Seems like a dumb move but that's just me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn't make any sense to me, you can easily get a point in free agency, if you're gonna move up get a big... Seems like a dumb move but that's just me...
    Plus, I don't see how Norris Cole adds any value to the 26th pick. Back in 2010, Miami had to package the 18th pick with Daequan Cook in order to get OKC to take him off their hands. 2014 Cole isn't any better than 2010 Cook and they think he's an asset that will get them from 26 to the middle of the first round? Good luck with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Norris Cole doesn't do anything to budge a 26th pick. Not sure you could get a 2nd rounder for him. I mean, he's decent but nothing you can't find elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A steal in the 2nd round could be Russ Smith, out of Louisville. A heady PG with tenacious defense but iffy, if improving, decision making, he'd be a good 3rd PG behind Joseph should we lose Mills.

Regardless he may be one of those guys who should have gone much earlier.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Norris Cole doesn't do anything to budge a 26th pick. Not sure you could get a 2nd rounder for him. I mean, he's decent but nothing you can't find elsewhere.
    I remember hearing that the Knicks were interested in him last season, but how much they were willing to give is anyone's guess. He's like Cory Joseph in my opinion. Some think we could trade up with Cory... If Miami can do it, Spurs better see what they can get. lol

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still hoping for Capela to fall to the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen Ayres shot improve over the course of the season.... what gives?
    Who hit the last shot of the season for the Spurs? And a 20-footer for good measure!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information