Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great reason to trade down with Philly : they could take back Ayres without blinking an eye... And if Duncan doesn't retire that be pretty awesome to get rid of that kind of dead weight going into the offseason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd rounders have no bargaining power, if the team will only offer them 4 years then they will have to take it. For foreign players it is harder because I suspect they are more than willing to spend time in their home leagues, but most Americans would rather play in the NBA I imagine.

If you want to get someone to sign for 4 years you'll likely have to guarantee the first two which is what happened with Parsons, a risk a lot of teams probably don't want to take. However, a first rounder is guaranteed the first two years also so it's not a massive risk if you're trading down a couple spots in to the 2nd round.

Personally, I don't like the idea of trading #30 for #39 and #45.
    Second-rounders have more bargaining power than first-rounders. They can just accept their one-year tender. And if a player is valuable enough that a team wants to lock him up for four years, that player has the leverage to not have to take just any contract. If Parsons and Blair demanded three years instead of four, they would have gotten it.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who actually watch, What does Jordan Adams play like?

He's currently projected around the end of the first/early second, but his stats profile is pretty great(He will be 19 at the time of the draft, stats indicate he uses athleticism well(5.4FTA:11.8FGA, 2.7steals in 30mpg) and Kevin Pelton just indicated he'd be in his top 5 stats prospects).

Given Nurkic, Capela and Anderson all appear to be gone, He's now target #4 to me. Centre/PF is the position of need for next year, but C crops seem limited, and the only PF fit is Payne, who will potentially be gone already(and is 23), and Livio/Davis seem to fit some of the forward need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ as far as SGs in our range that's probably as good as it gets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nok Stauskas should be our 1st round pick. Manu replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stauskas is an outstanding prospect. Young, and improvement this season was impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still pretty early, but Stauskas is projected as a mid-first rounder by DX. So it's not likely he's still around when the Spurs pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another DX mock, another oversight on the Clippers' second-rounder. It really gets my goat. The Spurs haven't gone into a draft with extra picks since 09.

Anyways, the mock has the Spurs picking Cleanthony (horrible name) Early at 30. Seems like a wasted pick (I know they aren't taking need into account), as he seems to be a bad mix of LJC and Thomas.

Micic is still my pick, and I'd love Jaiteh and Antetokounmpo in the second. However, Jaiteh should withdraw unless someone promises to give him guaranteed salary, and Antetokounmpo will likely rise to mid/early second as people withdraw. Would be a of a restocking of the overseas shelves, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows how this draft will go players always rise and fall depending how they play in the final sixteen. I would love to get either Vasilje Micic PG: 6'5 or Elfrid Payton PG: 6'3 after that some how trade up in the second round to get Corry Jefferson or Jusuf nurkic..

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's a hope of Nurkic in the second. Up to 11 on DX, and while people in the lottery sometimes fall, there's usually only 1 and there is a severe lack of bigs in the draft. Only non tweener bigs in current DX after 13 are Montrezl Harrell(6'7" in shoes, though good defensively) and Adrien Payne(Who is a good fit, but is 23).

DX seems like they just haven't updated team records, as Clippers at 25 in first has the Rockets with a better record. Guessing Givony doesn't bother as records bounce around, though an auto update built in to the site would make it better.

Also agree that it makes sense that Jaiteh pulls out. I'd love him at 56 if he stays. Draft Euro X at 60, unless someone really good falls. I don't think we'll have much roster space if there is a MLE(?) + Livio(Probable) + Bertans(Prob another year) + 1st, Even if Bonner and Daye go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, the mock has the Spurs picking Cleanthony (horrible name) Early at 30. Seems like a wasted pick (I know they aren't taking need into account), as he seems to be a bad mix of LJC and Thomas.
    I actually like Early. He doesn't seem like mix of ljc and Thomas, not sure how see that. He's 6'8", good size and already has 3pt range. Not sure about his ball handling though. Seems like a good backup to kawhi which fills a need.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't know much about Jarnell Stokes till this Weekend. kid is good. doesn't look undersized. younger than most Juniors. still only 20, so he is even younger than some sophs. his stock will rise quite a bit after what he showed in the tournament. should end up as a 1st round bubble. I would like him at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Early. He doesn't seem like mix of ljc and Thomas, not sure how see that. He's 6'8", good size and already has 3pt range. Not sure about his ball handling though. Seems like a good backup to kawhi which fills a need.
    He's a four. He doesn't have LJC's lateral quickness (pre-injury, at least) or solid base inside, or Thomas' ability to get his own shot from anywhere on the floor. He's essentially a stretch-four who can only guard other stretch-fours and maybe provide some weakside blocks. Not all that impressive, especially in light of the other players in the pipeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a four. He doesn't have LJC's lateral quickness (pre-injury, at least) or solid base inside, or Thomas' ability to get his own shot from anywhere on the floor. He's essentially a stretch-four who can only guard other stretch-fours and maybe provide some weakside blocks. Not all that impressive, especially in light of the other players in the pipeline.
    Well if you think he's a stretch 4 then don't draft him. I like him as a good prospect at the 3. He's got the size, the athleticism, and the shot to play the wing. Spurs just need to figure out if he's quick enough to defend the position. My early prediction is he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Staukus and his improvement from last year has been nice. He has that clutch thing too. It's hard to tell where folks will fall after the first 10 this year. Im less concerned with the backup SF as I was last year with LJC, Bertans, and Daye as decent options. I'm interested to see if Mills takes money elsewhere this summer. That may inform whether the team seeks another pg/sg who can put up point in bunches. I'm also ready to move on from COJo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nok Stauskas should be our 1st round pick. Manu replacement.
    If your looking at a Manu replacement, with our pick, I'd take a long look at Bogdan Bogdanovic. He's gotten it done pretty well in Euroleague this year, especially for a 21 year old SG who's forced to basically be the PG (as their PG Leo Westermann is injured...) for Partizan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your looking at a Manu replacement, with our pick, I'd take a long look at Bogdan Bogdanovic. He's gotten it done pretty well in Euroleague this year, especially for a 21 year old SG who's forced to basically be the PG (as their PG Leo Westermann is injured...) for Partizan.
    If the Spurs want to stash their pick for a year, he'd be a fine choice. Wouldn't want to draft a fourth SG, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid will finally enter the draft this year... Bet all the lottery teams were happy to hear that...

Who are the biggest names on the fence left now? Jabari, Saric and the Harrison twins...?

LaVine dropped back down all the way to our pick in DX latest mock, would be great...

Trade Beli and whoever so that we get both LaVine and Anderson, one can dream...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Saric declaring :

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/115425/dario-saric-declaring-for-the-nba-draft.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Saric declaring :

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/115425/dario-saric-declaring-for-the-nba-draft.html

Good news for spurs..More quality international players entering this draft will simply make it deeper and better for the spurs at end of the 1st..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX updated their mock on Friday including team records, yet they have the clips at 57 WITH their pick. Ugh. They also miss that Dallas being 21st woulf make their pick property of OKC, but right now the Mavs have the 14th pick, so the point is moot.

Baam already notes that Zach LaVine is the current player mocked at 30. With news that Saric and Embiid are not withdrawing, the top of the draft is looking pretty solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this Early from Wichita and of course Bogdanovic is of a player. Probably both out of reach with 30th pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see the Spurs get Elfrid Payton or Patric Young. Payton has great size for a point guard and is extremely quick and a great defender, but is a poor shooter. Young is a good PF that is a great defender especially in the pick n roll and also has a high basketball IQ, but his offense is limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX updated their mock on Friday including team records, yet they have the clips at 57 WITH their pick. Ugh. They also miss that Dallas being 21st woulf make their pick property of OKC, but right now the Mavs have the 14th pick, so the point is moot.

Baam already notes that Zach LaVine is the current player mocked at 30. With news that Saric and Embiid are not withdrawing, the top of the draft is looking pretty solid.
    Just like team needs, I don't believe he's showing non-confirmed draft pick conveyances yet. I think once the lottery goes down, and any coin flips for ties set the final draft order, he'll show the picks that convey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like team needs, I don't believe he's showing non-confirmed draft pick conveyances yet. I think once the lottery goes down, and any coin flips for ties set the final draft order, he'll show the picks that convey.
    Nah, it's easier to believe DX just hates Texas.

Thread Information