Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inglis has Spurs written all over him...young, athletic, defense-first, French.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some way Capela falls to the Spurs, it'd be a miracle. But he won't. If Noguiera didn't fall out of the top 20 last year, neither will Capela.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I think I have my wish list for this draft. I'm mostly going off of what I've read here and at Draftexpress. I'm not sure what order I'd prefer to have them yet. Some of this info may be outdated so if anyone has seen them play, I'd love to hear more.

Draft Mock Position - Name - Playing Position - Height - Wingspan

#28 Elfrid Payton PG 6’4” – 6’7” Wingspan
    Good athlete, ball-handler and PnR. Tall which helps with court vision. Defensive minded, long arms and big hands.
    Bad shooter and doesn't initiate contact.

#32 Deonte Burton PG 6’1” – 6’6” Wingspan
    Most athletic PG in draft. Fourth best scorer and had the lowest turnover rate. Highly efficient in PnR, isolation and transitions.
    Streaky shooter. Not a facilitator.

#27 Bogdan Bogdanovic SG 6’6” – 6’11” Wingspan
    Manu-esque

#11 Jusuf Nurkic C 7’ – 7’2” Wingspan
    Very efficient. Crazy stats.
    Low minutes because of youth, foul trouble and conditioning.

#12 Willie Cauley-Stein C 7’ – 7’2.5” Wingspan
    Less of a scorer, more of a shotblocker

#13 Clint Capela C 6’11” – 7’4.5” Wingspan
    Physically ready (long arms, big hands, terrific athlete). Top rebounder, shot-blocker and finisher.
    Thinks he's a SF and relies on shooting

#40 Isaiah Austin C 7’1” – 7’3” Wingspan
    Good size and length. Blocks and alters shots at rim. Keeps plays alive with offensive rebounds. Finishes alley-oops. Good shooter (33% 3-pts). Possible stretch-5 position.
    Gets pushed around by bigger big-men.

#55 Mam Jaiteh C 6’11” – 7’4” Wingspan

I think that covers who I'd like across the draft board (in case any moves are made)

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget the draft. You cheered on for the best record, now watch all the good players fly off the board in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we win the ring it is worth it but this draft is turning out to be the best in the last ten years so we might still get a good role player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget the draft. You cheered on for the best record, now watch all the good players fly off the board in the draft.
    Your right...all the good players ALWAYS go early in the draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple recent drafts:

2012 Tied for Best record... got us pick #30 which we traded away to get rid of Richard Jefferson (worth it)
    2011 2nd Best record... got us picks #29 (Cory Joseph) and #59 (Adam Hanga)... it was such a good draft that we took advantage and made a trade of George Hill for #15 (Kawhi Leonard) and #42 (Davis Bertans).
    2010 Tied for 9th Best record... got us picks #20 (James Anderson) and #49 (Ryan Richards)

2011 we had the 2nd best record and I LOVED that draft
    2010 we had the highest draft pick in a decade and that was a craptacular draft.

I'm hoping this year is like 2011... draft position isn't everything

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some way Capela falls to the Spurs, it'd be a miracle. But he won't. If Noguiera didn't fall out of the top 20 last year, neither will Capela.
    Well Noguiera had a lot more hype then Capela has had so it is possible he falls but then again who knows with this Draft?

A question for you if you have a chance to get Capela or KJ McDaniels which one would you draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Noguiera had a lot more hype then Capela has had so it is possible he falls but then again who knows with this Draft?

A question for you if you have a chance to get Capela or KJ McDaniels which one would you draft?
    Personally I go with Capela..Spurs need to start getting depth at the 4 & 5 positions for the post duncan era..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Capela easily. Bigs are more valuable. Capela has a higher ceiling. He can be stashed for a couple of years. allowing him to develop on someone else's dime. Most importantly, the Spurs don't need another small wing who isn't a good playmaker and who's a shaky shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't watch the hoop summit live but should be interesting...

Also an interesting quote from DX practice log of team world :

It will be interesting to see if Trey Lyles and Clint Capela can break out of their mini-funk and display more of the promise that made them such highly touted prospects leading up to this event, as neither has looked especially comfortable thus far.
    If he has a bad hoop summit Capela could fall a bit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Jokic (19, 209 PF/C) will most likely enter this years draft.He wasn't suppose to,but he made quite an impression on the scouts.He has averaged 11.4 pts & 6.4 rebounds in Adriatic league this season.If the Spurs are lookin international to stash,he might be that player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't watch the hoop summit live but should be interesting...

Also an interesting quote from DX practice log of team world :

If he has a bad hoop summit Capela could fall a bit...
    If the Spurs were hot for him, they'd have him skip it. They did with Mahinmi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see the Spurs get a PF/C prospect, stashed or otherwise. Jean-Charles, Bertans, Thomas, Hanga, and Denmon are either not bigs or small ball bigs only (except maybe Jean-Charles). I don't think Richards counts as a prospect anymore, although if he'd play for the Toros without taking a roster spot, sure. That said, best player available makes sense since most of the above players will never play for the Spurs.
    Last edited by ABC; 04-12-2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Formatting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoop Summit Boxscore:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Yahoo just had an article on Capela so I guess we can forget him..Just want someone who can play defense and can handle the rock we have enough outside shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jean-Charles had 27 points and 13 rebounds at the Nike Hoop Summit last year, lest we forget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela's agent must be pissed as this trip could indeed have cost him some money... At the very least it didn't help one bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela's agent must be pissed as this trip could indeed have cost him some money... At the very least it didn't help one bit.
    Meh...he measured out really well and got some additional exposure. He was always going to be selected as a long-term prospect, so I doubt a so-so showing during the game is going to sway GMs one way or the other.

Young athletic big oozing with potential...don't see him slipping on draft day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX just updated their mock and he fell from 13 to 18. Kyle Anderson keeps rising, gonna end up in the lottery at this pace... I believe they took out a lot of names out of their mock with players choosing to go back to college and now Payton is depressingly out of reach at 26...

At this point a big move for a slipping Capela may be just as realistic as getting Payton... I don't know... The draft doesn't look quite as good for the Spurs all of a sudden...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might get Mam Jaiteh at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I think I have my wish list for this draft. I'm mostly going off of what I've read here and at Draftexpress. I'm not sure what order I'd prefer to have them yet. Some of this info may be outdated so if anyone has seen them play, I'd love to hear more.

Draft Mock Position - Name - Playing Position - Height - Wingspan

#28 Elfrid Payton PG 6’4” – 6’7” Wingspan
    Good athlete, ball-handler and PnR. Tall which helps with court vision. Defensive minded, long arms and big hands.
    Bad shooter and doesn't initiate contact.

#32 Deonte Burton PG 6’1” – 6’6” Wingspan
    Most athletic PG in draft. Fourth best scorer and had the lowest turnover rate. Highly efficient in PnR, isolation and transitions.
    Streaky shooter. Not a facilitator.

#27 Bogdan Bogdanovic SG 6’6” – 6’11” Wingspan
    Manu-esque

#11 Jusuf Nurkic C 7’ – 7’2” Wingspan
    Very efficient. Crazy stats.
    Low minutes because of youth, foul trouble and conditioning.

#12 Willie Cauley-Stein C 7’ – 7’2.5” Wingspan
    Less of a scorer, more of a shotblocker

#13 Clint Capela C 6’11” – 7’4.5” Wingspan
    Physically ready (long arms, big hands, terrific athlete). Top rebounder, shot-blocker and finisher.
    Thinks he's a SF and relies on shooting

#40 Isaiah Austin C 7’1” – 7’3” Wingspan
    Good size and length. Blocks and alters shots at rim. Keeps plays alive with offensive rebounds. Finishes alley-oops. Good shooter (33% 3-pts). Possible stretch-5 position.
    Gets pushed around by bigger big-men.

#55 Mam Jaiteh C 6’11” – 7’4” Wingspan

I think that covers who I'd like across the draft board (in case any moves are made)

Bogdan Bogdanovic is a big time prospect after the euro season he has had. Would like some Euro Spurtalkers to give their opinion of what he can do on D. Also how is Jaiteh looking 12 mths on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of drafting Jaiteh, seems like a good deal, his stock is low yet he's still a pretty good prospect, great size and wingspan, good rebounder, mobile... Not explosive like Capela but better hands which seems more "spursy"... But if they do draft him they might as well trade down tho given how low he's projected so far... He has been kinda soft this season and really lacks some fundamentals... I don't know what to think tbh, in some ways he seems like a poor man Zbo but then again the main thing with Zbo is his toughness...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way would I touch him in the first or even is the early second to mid range the kid is a LONG terms prospect as in never ever. In the end the most talented player that will be available will be a PG which I don't want but will probably take it and that makes CJ expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might well be available at 58. I guaranteed no one picks him in the first round, including us.

Thread Information